Governor Cuomo appoints Buffalo Bills owner Kim Pegula to New York re-opening advisory board

boater

14 minutes ago, boater said:

Advisory Board. I hope she kicks some butt. I truly believe a 2020 season is at risk. We need rational people advising the Governor.

I feel the worst case scenario we are looking at is a season delay. Depends on when training camps and preseason can kick off. I believe there is absolutely no way we see a season with fans in the stands though. While not easy, it’s easier to control the couple hundred players, coaches, trainers, and broadcast team members than it is to control fans. There’s also always the option of the NFL playing in neutral sites. Without fans it doesn’t matter where they play, so if a state doesn’t want to allow the NFL to play there that’s ok. I’m sure Texas would allow the entire season to be played in their two stadiums if it came to that. Also of note, the Alamodome in downtown San Antonio could be used as a third site. It has all the logistics in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I feel the worst case scenario we are looking at is a season delay. Depends on when training camps and preseason can kick off. I believe there is absolutely no way we see a season with fans in the stands though. While not easy, it’s easier to control the couple hundred players, coaches, trainers, and broadcast team members than it is to control fans. There’s also always the option of the NFL playing in neutral sites. Without fans it doesn’t matter where they play, so if a state doesn’t want to allow the NFL to play there that’s ok. I’m sure Texas would allow the entire season to be played in their two stadiums if it came to that. Also of note, the Alamodome in downtown San Antonio could be used as a third site. It has all the logistics in place. 

4th of July Festivals in East Aurora, North Tonawanda and West Seneca all got cancelled within the past day I believe.

So it just keeps going deeper into the summer heading towards Fall.

• Like (+1) 2

Should a person who makes millions of dollars packing thousands of people into relatively small spaces really be part of the committee to reopen NYS? By all reports, she’s a great woman, but I think there’s too much conflict of interest here. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dolan will do a good job keeping Spike Lee out of MSG.  At least we’ll have that going for us ??‍♂️

He's managed to keep pro basketball out of MSG for almost two decades now! 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

More proof that money buys you access to power and policy, even absent any actual qualifications. From Olean waitress who intended to move to Alaska to join the fishing industry to unqualified president of two sports franchises (one she's running into the ground) to a role, which is thankfully largely symbolic, in addressing critical issues arising from a global health crisis. 

Total. Joke. 

I had a friend so disgusted with the Pegulas and esp her, he gave up his Bills seasons. Said he can't support these greedy, phony, leeches. Good for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

Advisory Board. I hope she kicks some butt. I truly believe a 2020 season is at risk. We need rational people advising the Governor.

Then capitalists aren't the ones you want here. Ration for them is "reopen everything as quickly as possible because we have safe harbor in our yacht and we'll gladly accept the death of our workers for our own profit."

The people that think she or Terrance give two flying fadoodles about you, your city, One Buffalo, or anything other than their profit and lifestyle are living in bizarro world. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Maybe we never will again.

Can you elaborate a little bit? If you are speaking in regards to Covid I think that possibility is absolutely zero. You likely get a vaccine next year. At that point no one cares about this anymore. Say the vaccine fails, antibody tests have already revealed 15-20% of the population is likely infected. That makes your death rate .00005. So once that first vaccine fails, again, no one really cares anymore. In relative life terms, this won’t last very long. It just seems that way while living through it. 

• Like (+1) 1