Nothing to See, Here .. Move Along (Brady/Leftwich Cleared)

Gugny

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

gently used ?

Likely 

After a thorough investigation, the NFL has concluded that no in-person meeting took place between Tom Brady and any member of the Buccaneer organization.

In connection with this conclusion, Tampa Bay has been awarded a fourth round compensatory pick in the 2021 draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard... Aren't these guys professionals???  Can't they go and talk to their OC whenever they want?

If someone wants to work more than someone else, why are they trying to stop that?  NFL is dumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Mostly I’d agree that there’s likely nothing to see here.  What makes me somewhat suspicious, however, is his reaction when confronted by the homeowner whose house he walked into.  

The homeowner’s account of the situation was that Brady had 2 large duffle bags with him, and when he realized he was in the wrong house he very quickly slinked out.  Not even a hand shake, autograph, or a brief conversation with the homeowner to smooth things over.  I’m not saying he should be punished for anything, but I do suspect that Brady knew he was up to something “questionable.”

And I’m not talking about just walking into the wrong house...

It could just be that Brady is an awkward guy. Which, from everything I’ve seen, is completely possible. 

1 hour ago, hjnick said:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard... Aren't these guys professionals???  Can't they go and talk to their OC whenever they want?

If someone wants to work more than someone else, why are they trying to stop that?  NFL is dumb.

I believe these rules have been formed from the CBA the Players Union has fought for.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, hjnick said:

You can disagree with the rules.  But shouldn't you also expect the agreed upon rules to be enforced consistently, even if they're stupid?

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Mostly I’d agree that there’s likely nothing to see here.  What makes me somewhat suspicious, however, is his reaction when confronted by the homeowner whose house he walked into.  

The homeowner’s account of the situation was that Brady had 2 large duffle bags with him, and when he realized he was in the wrong house he very quickly slinked out.  Not even a hand shake, autograph, or a brief conversation with the homeowner to smooth things over.  I’m not saying he should be punished for anything, but I do suspect that Brady knew he was up to something “questionable.”

And I’m not talking about just walking into the wrong house...

He may have had a season’s worth of phones in the duffle bags that would later need to be destroyed as part of his routine. Hard to know for sure....

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Roger Goodell said:

In connection with this conclusion, Tampa Bay has been awarded a fourth round compensatory pick in the 2021 draft.

Also, in light of the potential 'weight  displacement' of the United States to the southern region by an extra player, a compensatory draft pick has been awarded to the New England Patriots.

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Awkward because he carries around duffle bags full of severed human heads all the time?  Yeah, I guess...

Actually, stock of underinflated footballs... ?

On 4/28/2020 at 4:09 PM, JGMcD2 said:

It doesn’t make any sense to me. There are strict rules in place right from the NFL because of COVID. Why does he think he needs to go to the house of his OC to get the playbook?

The playbooks can be sent electronically right on to the players team issued iPad or Microsoft Surface tablet. There was no need for this. 

It’s not a coincidence that Brady is new and is going to be working hand in hand with Leftwich installing a whole new offense trying to win a Super Bowl in a 1-2 year window. 

Where there is smoke there is fire. NFL covering up for the golden goose again. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rob-gronkowski-patriots-buccaneers-playbook-trade-retirement-nfl-224357588.html

I don’t really care about Gronk’s comment.... if he had the playbook that’s dumb on the Bucs part because he could’ve done whatever he wanted with it. 

What I think is funny is that he admits he received his playbook TABLET in the mail from the Buccaneers. 

Yet, Tom Brady had to go to the house of the offense coordinator to pick his playbook up. 

Doesn’t add up.