2021 NFL Draft Official Dates Announced

Thanks for the info.  Maybe Bills Mafia can crash and overtake the Browns draft party??!!

On another note, anyone know if Buffalo can / will ever be a NFL draft host ?  Anyone know the criteria ?  

Does it even need to be in an NFL city? Would love for the draft to be here in Honolulu - LOL, I know I’m dreaming, but it would be great.

5 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Thanks for the info.  Maybe Bills Mafia can crash and overtake the Browns draft party??!!

On another note, anyone know if Buffalo can / will ever be a NFL draft host ?  Anyone know the criteria ?  

Does it even need to be in an NFL city? Would love for the draft to be here in Honolulu - LOL, I know I’m dreaming, but it would be great.

The top two TV markets for the NFL draft this year were Cleveland and Columbus. Nobody's overtaking the Browns on their own draft party. This is usually all we have to look forward to.

Edited by cle23

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder why it got moved back a week 

I'm assuming the league has an internal policy about how early they will allow it to start.  It's always going to start on a Thursday, under the present policy.  Maybe that internal policy says "not earlier than April 23."  It's kind of like the first day of spring, which was the earliest it can possibly be this year.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Because the NFL is proposing to delay the season by three weeks, eliminating the bye week, Pro Bowl, and week before the SB.

+1.  Definitely want to build in time in case the 2020 season starts late.   Also, they could push out the schedule a full month (SB in early March, league year starts end of March, draft end of April) before it would have any serious impact.   Even then from a business side you could compress things another month beyond that, but it  gets dicey if you don't leave enough healing time for players between end of the season and start of the next training camp.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

F-ing Cleveland.

Was Gary, Indiana all booked up?

So happy to hear your opinion of my fair city, and please never come here as uber-pricks like you shouldn't poison our happiness.