Opinions on a hypothetical trade

I agree with the majority.  My biggest arguement against bringing in a guy like AJ Green is his health and he would have to clear a thorough physical.  There is no question that he is the much better player when healthy.  A healthy Green would make our offense extremely potent and would give defensive coaches headaches.  For the people who said the teams aren't thinking about this trade, A. You don't know that and B. that's why I said hypothetical.  I know from experience on this site though that half the people answer posts logically and the other half live to bash. All good, Go Bills!

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

30 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

No.   You know Diggs will want the ball.  Brown is a good teammate and will pay his role as a #2.  Green is not used to being a #2.  Besides, Brown and Josh already click, 

We might not have enough footballs to go around if you add Green.:    Diggs - Brown or AJ Green - Beasley - The TE - Singletary/Moss - 4th Wideout

Agree about the already established chemistry between Brown and Allen.

This thread seems to be going well...

LOL

As expected, my answer is also NO.  

Brown is a gonna eat this year with Diggs drawing the top coverage now.  

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

This would be a no brainer deal for the Bills if it was on the table.

AJ Green is an elite WR with the ability to dominate a game...John Brown does not possess such a thing.

I dont get it...Is AJ Green elite at playing WR on Madden?  Because in the NFL he just doesn't play much given he is always hurt. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This thread seems to be going well...

LOL

As expected, my answer is also NO.  

Brown is a gonna eat this year with Diggs drawing the top coverage now.  

I dont get it...Is AJ Green elite at playing WR on Madden?  Because in the NFL he just doesn't play much given he is always hurt. 

John Brown isn't known as an Ironman in his own right FWIW.

AJ Green has dominated for years. He decided to sit out the remainder of last season after the Bengals were in the tank so he could be 100% if he was able to be a free agent. 

I doubt John Brown is in this teams plans after his contract expires the year after next season.

AJ Green is healthy and will most likely return to pro bowl form.

Keep looking to hit singles while champions take home run cuts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Haven’t read all of this because I threw up in my mouth when I saw AJ Green. 

My Lord, when will people push past this????? He’s well past his prime and JB is still very productive...also doesn’t get hurt like AJG. 

Please, for the love of all things holy, make the AJG threads stop!!! ? We have STEFON DIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJG has not had a much better season than Brown since 2015: FIVE YEARS ago! Plus, he’s a year older and will demand way more money. 

Absolutely not. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I would not do that trade, primarily because of Green’s injury issues recently. That, and Brown seems to be trending up the last two seasons. 

Peak AJ Green is a better player for sure. But I don’t think peak AJ exists anymore.

I think anyone who think AJ Green will be special this year does not understand the toll his injury will take on his performance at his age. He is unlikely to outrun any DB and will have to be more physical than them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

John Brown isn't known as an Ironman in his own right FWIW.

AJ Green has dominated for years. He decided to sit out the remainder of last season after the Bengals were in the tank so he could be 100% if he was able to be a free agent. 

I doubt John Brown is in this teams plans after his contract expires the year after next season.

AJ Green is healthy and will most likely return to pro bowl form.

Keep looking to hit singles while champions take home run cuts

how many games has John Brown missed due to injury in the last two seasons then? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Injuries are a real thing.

AJ Green missed a big chunk of 2016, half of 2018 and all of 2019. 

He's had problems with his hamstring, his toe, his ankle - all of which are extremely important to a WR.  

In his prime, Green was among the best WRs in the league.  Today, he's basically a long-shot to ever get meaningful snaps on a football field again.

John Brown isn't much younger, but he's healthy.  Which makes all the difference in the world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Completely disagree with you.  A.J. Green hasnt been a top player at his position in going on five seasons.   His production since then has been easily replaced on his own team by Tyler Boyd.    John Brown's 2019 season is arguably the best season a Bills wideout has had since Stevie Johnson in 2010.   That said, I'd say Brown's importance to Buffalo eclipses what Green has meant to Cincinnati.

A.J. Green's upside hasn't been in play for close to five years now.   No way you trade a known resource, for a player thats 30 years old, and has played nine games in two years just because he is tall and used to be good.   If you want to go that route Demaryius Thomas is a free agent.

Green was having one of the best seasons of his career before he got hurt in 2018.  In 9 games he had better numbers than Brown had in 16.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Injuries are a real thing.

AJ Green missed a big chunk of 2016, half of 2018 and all of 2019. 

He's had problems with his hamstring, his toe, his ankle - all of which are extremely important to a WR.  

In his prime, Green was among the best WRs in the league.  Today, he's basically a long-shot to ever get meaningful snaps on a football field again.

John Brown isn't much younger, but he's healthy.  Which makes all the difference in the world.

Never take meaningful snaps again?  Where do people come up with this?    He’s 100% healthy right now by all accounts.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

These hypothetical trade threads always remind me of when my kids were little and they would ask questions like “would you rather get eaten by a shark or a bear?” Why they would ask, I have no idea. But they just kept doing it!  Like the AJ Green idea.

Someone (I forget who, sorry) had a trade for Diggs thread once.....and it actually happened! That’s the only time I can remember it coming to be, but there weren’t endless trade for Diggs threads. 

Oh, and I’m another NO thank you. 

If AJ was younger, and healthier, them MAYBE I’d think about taking on the extra expense....but he is what he is.  

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

These hypothetical trade threads always remind me of when my kids were little and they would ask questions like “would you rather get eaten by a shark or a bear?” Why they would ask, I have no idea. But they just kept doing it!  Like the AJ Green idea.

Someone (I forget who, sorry) had a trade for Diggs thread once.....and it actually happened! That’s the only time I can remember it coming to be, but there weren’t endless trade for Diggs threads. 

If AJ was younger, and healthier, them MAYBE I’d think about taking on the extra expense....but he is what he is.  

Shark. Hands down!!!!

When you get to the ‘golden gates’ would you rather say we’re eaten by a bear or shark? Shark is just WAY more cool. ? 

I particularly enjoyed when my kids would get really deep in and, by the fourth or fifth ‘round’ say something along the lines of, “Would you rather have tiny incisions made all over you and then be drowned in salt or be put into a room of nails...on all sides?”

That’s when I’d break down and say, “Why are we doing this?” ? 

At any rate, the latter two both remind me of AJG threads!!!!

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Shark. Hands down!!!!

When you get to the ‘golden gates’ would you rather say we’re eaten by a bear or shark? Shark is just WAY more cool. ? 

I particularly enjoyed when my kids would get really deep in and, by the fourth or fifth ‘round’ say something along the lines of, “Would you rather have tiny incisions made all over you and then be drowned in salt or be put into a room of nails...on all sides?”

That’s when I’d break down and say, “Why are we doing this?” ? 

At any rate, the latter two both remind me of AJG threads!!!!

Did cats start disappearing around your neighborhood?  

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Would you pull this trade off if you were the Bills GM?

John Brown for AJ Green

AJ Green is not happy in Cincy and wants a new deal.  He is a perennial pro bowler, (7 pro bowls).  AJ Green has only played 4 full seasons out of 9. He probably would play 2 more years tops.  Personally I think for the short term he would be amazing on the other side of Diggs, almost like what James Lofton was for Andre Reed.  He is great with the intermediate and deep ball and has a knack for the end zone.

John Brown's value has never been higher.  He is coming off a great year with Buffalo and has 2 years remaining on his contract. He lacks size but is a very good route runner and came through in the clutch many times for us last year.  John Brown has only played 2 full seasons out of 6.

AJ Green (will be 32yrs old when the season begins)                      John Brown (will be 30yrs old when the season begins)                             

6'4                                                                                                                5'11

9 seasons                                                                                                   6 seasons

75 catches per season  avg                                                                    48 catches per season avg

1,113 yards per season avg                                                                    715 yards per season avg

8 td's per season avg                                                                                5 td's per season avg

7 pro bowls                                                                                                 0 pro bowls

I love John Brown.
Watched him play last year pretty closely. As he played Bills #1 Rec.
Just great player. With Diggs taking that spot ? Brown and Beasley should be killing it.

I would not be surprised to see Brown fighting it out for Top Receiving yards and other stats.
No longer need a #1 WR

now we gots 1a and 1b.

Go Bills

ps never get greedy my friend  : )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If AJ was younger and healthier it would be a no brainer!  I'm not saying I am all in on this idea but wanted feedback from the group.  I think the injuries would have to be 100% cleared without a doubt but at his age he is more susceptible to getting hurt again so that could be a red flag.  If you told me we could get 2 healthy seasons from him though I would do this deal without blinking.

19 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

If AJ was younger and healthier it would be a no brainer!  I'm not saying I am all in on this idea but wanted feedback from the group.  I think the injuries would have to be 100% cleared without a doubt but at his age he is more susceptible to getting hurt again so that could be a red flag.  If you told me we could get 2 healthy seasons from him though I would do this deal without blinking.

That is a completely different proposition than what was initially proposed. ?

I would still stick with Brown, all things considered.  

Props to making a semi-reasonable AJG thread...but please stop! (Superfluous ?

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

That is a completely different proposition than what was initially proposed. ?

I would still stick with Brown, all things considered.  

Props to making a semi-reasonable AJG thread...but please stop! (Superfluous ?

@White Linen: what were you confused about? Just wondering.