P Dustin Colquitt Released by KC

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

Colquitt is almost 38 years old, has made $40,000,000 in his career in the league, and has multiple local endorsement deals in Kansas City where he, his wife, and his kids have lived for 16 years.  He’s not moving to Buffalo to compete for a job that would pay him the veteran minimum for one season that may not even happen.  He’ll take a cushy job with a local television affiliate and call it a career.

You know, he could still sign with the Bills and his family could stay in KC.  It wouldn't be easy for any of them, but there are harder things in life.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was 27th in net punting and had multiple punts blocked.  He’s washed.

are the blocked punts ALL his fault? And is that a new problem or are his blocks been consistent over his career. Yes his punts inside the 20 have gone down since his peak in 2012-13, but he also punts half as much under mahomes and reid the last couple of years.  His net has dropped about 2 yards since his peak. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

are the blocked punts ALL his fault? And is that a new problem or are his blocks been consistent over his career. Yes his punts inside the 20 have gone down since his peak in 2012-13, but he also punts half as much under mahomes and reid the last couple of years.  His net has dropped about 2 yards since his peak. 

His motion has become very slow, as he has to reach back more to get anything behind the kicks.  I’m a Chiefs fan and have probably seen 99% of his career punts.  He’s a great guy.  His kids go to the same school as mine.  I don’t know him personally, but I do see him around.  He’s a really well liked player and respected member of the community.  If he had anything at all left in the tank the Chiefs wouldn’t have let him go.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

His motion has become very slow, as he has to reach back more to get anything behind the kicks.  I’m a Chiefs fan and have probably seen 99% of his career punts.  He’s a great guy.  His kids go to the same school as mine.  I don’t know him personally, but I do see him around.  He’s a really well liked player and respected member of the community.  If he had anything at all left in the tank the Chiefs wouldn’t have let him go.

Bojo though.  He drives me crazy.  I'd prefer consistent but not flashy play from the position for the time being.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Billl said:

Colquitt is almost 38 years old, has made $40,000,000 in his career in the league, and has multiple local endorsement deals in Kansas City where he, his wife, and his kids have lived for 16 years.  He’s not moving to Buffalo to compete for a job that would pay him the veteran minimum for one season that may not even happen.  He’ll take a cushy job with a local television affiliate and call it a career.

I think the Bills should offer him 2 million with 500k guaranteed. It's a fairly low risk in the grand scheme of things, if he doesn't want to come OK fine. But right now if the Bills want to contend they have to focus on every single area of the roster no matter how small and get it to be as good as possible. In the draft they did just that but punter remains one of the few uninspiring avenues of the roster and I say you have to kick the tires on a possible upgrade. 

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

His cap hit was large for a punter and the Chiefs need every drop of cap they can find. I think if KC was right up against the cap they probably would have at least brought him into camp. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

i can’t and won’t fight you on the mechanics point; you’ve seen way more of him than I have. In fact I don’t doubt you’re right. But...would he still be an upgrade over what we have now? Posssibly. The Bills are in their window now, the age doesn’t bother me so much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

if they can find a good young punter yes absolutely. IF. If they can’t, there are worse stopgaps.

He wasn't very good last year, is a year older now, and will probably want $2-3M.  Not worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a small piece of why this would be a great signing - he’s played in the afc west his whole career and we play them all this year. Should have good competitive intelligence

Is that a buzzword for:

Cheating.

Is that what they call it now? "Competitive Intelligence."