P Dustin Colquitt Released by KC

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29107537/source-chiefs-release-punter-dustin-colquitt-15-years

This is the brother of Britton Colquitt, who we had interest in last off season - but he chose to go to the Vikings.

Dustin's release is cap related not performance related. I think we should seriously look at signing this Super Bowl winner.

Edit: Small chance he may retire - but I doubt it.

see 

In an Instagram post, Colquitt said: "I have enjoyed my time in Chiefs Kingdom, all things come to an end, sometimes sooner than you hoped, prayed & pleaded for them to."

And Punters do tend to age well. 

Just FYI - he was a THIRD round draft pick in 2005!

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point if you are looking for a proven punter I don't think you will do better than Colquitt who was a good punter last season. I think you almost have to sign him if you are the Bills 2-3 million isn't going to break the bank or impact your flexibility going forward the much. But Bojo shanking 2-3 punts badly could cost you a game or two. 

• Like (+1) 8

It was absolutely performance related.  He’s going to be in the Chiefs ring of honor, but he’s been a shell of himself for two seasons.  Takes forever to kick it and has no pop in his leg when he does.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a small piece of why this would be a great signing - he’s played in the afc west his whole career and we play them all this year. Should have good competitive intelligence. 

He's a punter.  What's he going to tell us?  Patrick Mahomes car is red.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1