Rodgers in GB ( old article)

stuvian

Putin, give it a few minutes.  If we’re not making a pitch for someone to bring a Star here, we’re panicking he’s going to NE.  That would be scary though if really happened.  Like a nightmare, but seriously doubt it.  GB would be on the hook for way too much $ for the next two years or so.  He’s 36 so probably in 2022, I can see someone grabbing him as they don’t take as much of a hit by then.  Besides by year 3, their young guy if he’s ever going to be ready, would be ready then.  He’s raw now, and GB is overall a well run team, so they picked him probably to groom him like Rodgers in the Favre era.  

I like Icebowl who is welcome here, but not crazy about a third stud QB after Favre and Rodgers.  We had to wait 20+ years for Allen after Kelly, and I really want to believe Allen will grow into the guy.  I remember someone posted and made me think Allen only started for two years at Wyoming so he’s almost like a rookie.  I mean by that two years in college and two years in the pros.  This year could be his year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Oh great, another thread about a QB or any other star player not in a million years coming to Buffalo.

Well the guy who mentioned it at the top of this page has an extensive posting history bashing Allen, so dont get too worked up over it. He'll come along eventually, or end up finding a new team I guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I hope Rogers is coming to Buffalo. This team could beat anyone more often than not with Rogers. We'd win SB's with Rogers.

We can also win a SB with Allen taking another step forward this year ,  as he has shown from his rookie year that he’s willing to put in work / learn and do what ever it takes to be successful , and I have no doubt that he will !!

Go Bills !!!

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Well the guy who mentioned it at the top of this page has an extensive posting history bashing Allen, so dont get too worked up over it. He'll come along eventually, or end up finding a new team I guess.

Oh I’m not Berra at all.  Just pointing out how silly people can be thinking some star QB is magically going to come here.  Brady was so over the NE crap after 20 years and Manning practically broke his neck to go to Denver.  I guess you can go back to Montana, and he was in his last two years.  Loved how he really tried to help KC and they came close, but no cigar.

Bottom line is Allen should be fine.  If we want to move on from him it will be a couple of years before that decision.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, GreggTX said:

I hope Rogers is coming to Buffalo. This team could beat anyone more often than not with Rogers. We'd win SB's with Rogers.

How about hoping that we have our own Rodgers developing in Josh Allen?  Seems like a better use of your time.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

He seems resigned to ultimately moving on.

“Quarterbacks are playing earlier,” Rodgers said. “It gives some latitude for young coaches and GMs to play their guys. And I get it. I really do. I don’t harbor any ill will about it. Was I bummed out? Of course. Who wouldn’t be? I wanted to play my entire career in Green Bay. I love the city. I grew up there really. I got there when I was 21. I’m 36 now. You know, a lot changes during that time. But look. I get it. I see it completely clearly and I’m not bitter about it. It is what it is.”

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Quarterbacks are playing earlier,” Rodgers said. “It gives some latitude for young coaches and GMs to play their guys. And I get it. I really do. I don’t harbor any ill will about it. Was I bummed out? Of course. Who wouldn’t be? I wanted to play my entire career in Green Bay. I love the city. I grew up there really. I got there when I was 21. I’m 36 now. You know, a lot changes during that time. But look. I get it. I see it completely clearly and I’m not bitter about it. It is what it is.”

Sounds like he's taking it about as well as you can expect.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rodgers has looked like he's been bummed out since he got hurt in 2017.  Tha broken collarbone.

I feel like something went wrong with him and the team there.  He pushed or maybe it was them to get him back before the end of the season.  He was probably never really right until this last season.  

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, FireChans said:

And in the two years prior, he was 10-12-1 as a starter.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers of old and he hasn't been for some time.  I don't care about mock drafts (lol) or the ProBowl (lol).  He and Brady are both on the same "still a very good game manager" decline. In 2019, Rodgers posted the third worst passer rating of his career, despite winning 13 games. He hasn't had a passer rating >100 (where his career average is) since 2016. His TD% hasn't been above 5 in 2 years (his career avg is 6.0). '

The evidence is abounding that Rodgers just ain't the same player anymore.  Folks are acting like 2014 was yesterday, and it just wasn't.

aaron Rodgers is a very good game manager and clearly on the decline 👍🏻 Clearly.  2019 wasn’t 2014, but 2020-21 sure looks like it

On 4/29/2020 at 1:38 PM, spartacus said:

why is it pre-ordained that GB will replicate the success from last year

they hit lightning in a bottle

look at Jax for a comparable

so close to a Superbowl

they believed and re-signed Bortles

have not come close to winning again, let alone the Superbowl

The mgmt team has a plan "process" which Rodgers does not seem to buy into

the packers were comparable to the Jacksonville AFCCG team.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, Mr. WEO said:

NE got bounced by the Broncos in 2013 .  Did they draft a WR to beef up the receiver room of Edelman, Amandola, Dobson and Tompkins?  No, they drafted their future QB.

"Project QB"?  He was scouted far better than Rodgers.  And for the record, they "traded up" 30 to 26 and it cost them a 4th to get the guy who was variously mocked to Miami, Baltimore and LAC far upstream.

But I get it, you and others think the Packers are very close to the SB right now.  We will see pretty soon if that is true.  I'm comfortable saying they won't win 13 games this season. You feel they should be as successful as they were last season.

We shall see.

We are seeing right now.  13 wins and better than last season.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:36 AM, Mr. WEO said:

This is discussion  about the Love pick.  I won't disagree that they could have made other moves as well.

That Packers team was the worst 13-3 team in a while.  With the same roster this year, they won't win 12. 

They have trying to get back to the SB for 10 years.  LAst year was a fluke---and their absolute last shot, Tee Higgins or no Tee Higgins.

So if he's not gone by the end of '21, how would Love already be a franchise QB by the end of '22?

Did they call Favre before they drafted his (eventual) replacement in the first round after they fell short of a playoff win?

For last year being their absolute best shot, they sure are faking this year pretty well 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:50 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Did a 15 year vet with diminishing output (who was drafted under the exact same circumstances) really need this pick to understand that "his days are numbered"?

Why is it that Aaron Rodgers is the only long term franchise QB who has to be tiptoed around by the team that must look forward to their future at QB?  This is how you are supposed to do it.  Love was a top QB prospect (better than the consensus seemed to be on Rodgers) that fell to the back of the 1st round--where they will likely be picking until Rodgers is gone, and likely won't find his replacement at that pick 2 years from now.

when is the last time a team drafted a QB to let him sit and learn for 3+ years?  2005.  It’s not how anyone does it anymore.  Literally no one does it. Mahomes sat one year.  Allen was supposed to sit one year.  Watson, a couple games, herbert, a couple games, burrow, started week 1, Lamar, 1/2 season, RW, a few games, Tua, a few games, lock, a few games, baker, a few games, Darnold, starter day 1, trubisky, a few games.  

who is drafting a qb to sit for a few years?  No one.  MVP Aaron rodgers is under contract til 2023.  He is playing the best ball of his career and certainly doesn’t have the look of have 1 more year left after this season. Their team looks to be the best in football. Not bad for a team that had their absolute last shot last season.

that said, I understand that why they drafted Love. I disagreed with it because I thought they should be going all in to win more Super Bowls with their current team.  If they win the SB AND used their 1st rd pick on a guy that will sit for a few year, more power to them.  I disagreed with their strategy and the thought of not going all in with a GOAT type QB was baffling to me.

go bills!