Rodgers in GB ( old article)

stuvian

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Super ignorant too, for numerous reasons.  The Pack can't trade ARod for another 2 years because of the cap hit.

I have my doubts on Allen but the team is all in on him and he deserves to see what he can do with this roster.  There are zero excuses now.  Top to bottom, this is one of the strongest rosters in the nfl.  If you score 20+ (a very average standard), the Bills will win a bunch of games.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

You think any star player thinks his days are numbered?  Much less a guy with ARod's ego?  Much much less a guy who is 36 at a position that can play into his 40's and who is coming off a Pro Bowl season?  LOL!   Good one.

And I couldn't care less what GB does.  What they did worked with him and Favre.  That doesn't mean it will in this case but, again, it's not my concern.  I, just like most everyone (even you), was surprised to see the Pack not only draft a QB in the 1st, but trade up for him when I figured they'd be using that pick to shore up the offense or defense and get past the 49'ers.  Time will tell if they made the right move. 

Yes.  Furthermore, no one actually cares if the player knows it or not when its apparent to everyone else.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, they just got him Jordy Nelson, who was a star, Davante Adams, who is a star, and Randall Cobb, who was a star, all in the second round.  #WillSomeoneHelpRodgers?

All these guys became stars with Rodgers.  They didn’t do squat after leaving GB.  What’s more likely - Rodgers got the most out of these wrs, of vice versa?  Adams was awful when he became a starter yet Rodgers kept feeding him.  

the Bills just gave up a 1st for Diggs.  The Pack haven’t done that in 10 years for a top 5 qb ever.  It’s absolutely insane.  

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, they just got him Jordy Nelson, who was a star, Davante Adams, who is a star, and Randall Cobb, who was a star, all in the second round.  #WillSomeoneHelpRodgers?

Greg Jennings was a 2nd round pick as well the year after Rodgers (I know Rodgers wasn't the starter yet) and Eddie Lacey was a 2nd round pick. They have I concede spent a lot of early picks trying (and mostly failing) to fix the secondary.  

I dont think the Packers should have moved up for Love but I can see where they wanted to secure a possible replacement for Rodgers.  The QB class doesnt look that strong as of right now for where the Packers will be picking in the draft. I think they should have loaded up with impact players to try to make a run this coming season. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Greg Jennings was a 2nd round pick as well the year after Rodgers (I know Rodgers wasn't the starter yet) and Eddie Lacey was a 2nd round pick. They have I concede spent a lot of early picks trying (and mostly failing) to fix the secondary.  

Another guy who sucked after he left Rodgers.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All these guys became stars with Rodgers.  They didn’t do squat after leaving GB.  What’s more likely - Rodgers got the most out of these wrs, of vice versa?  Adams was awful when he became a starter yet Rodgers kept feeding him.  

the Bills just gave up a 1st for Diggs.  The Pack haven’t done that in 10 years for a top 5 qb ever.  It’s absolutely insane.  

???

Jordy Nelson left GB after multiple injuries at 33 years old, for Oakland.  You don't tear off 1500 yards receiving without being a talented player. Aaron Rodgers himself wouldn't agree with this take.

So Adams was "awful" with Rodgers throwing to him and now he's good with Rodgers throwing to him?  So if his QB didn't change, maybe he became a better player?

GB's biggest problem since Rodgers has been there is their one-dimensional pass game. They can't run and they can't stop anybody.  How does drafting WR's or trading first round picks for WR's help them?  So they can lose more games 45-44?

Incredibly, building a defense doesn't count as helping your QB.  Building an OL doesn't count as helping your QB.  Building a run game doesn't count as helping your QB.  Rodgers continues to get a pass for being a less personable Peyton Manning.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The argument they haven't invested in Rodgers' WR group is just not true.  They got fine players for Rodgers, and still never sniffed a second SB. 

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't get the sarcasm. They have never drafted him a skills player in the first round. That's a fact. You just trying to be super cool?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get the sarcasm. They have never drafted him a skills player in the first round. That's a fact. You just trying to be super cool?

The 2011 Seahawks only drafted CB's in the fifth and sixth round to help their secondary.  Does it matter who the players turned out to be, or did they neglect their secondary by not investing higher picks (and thus different players) in it?

???

Jordy Nelson left GB after multiple injuries at 33 years old, for Oakland.  You don't tear off 1500 yards receiving without being a talented player. Aaron Rodgers himself wouldn't agree with this take.

So Adams was "awful" with Rodgers throwing to him and now he's good with Rodgers throwing to him?  So if his QB didn't change, maybe he became a better player?

GB's biggest problem since Rodgers has been there is their one-dimensional pass game. They can't run and they can't stop anybody.  How does drafting WR's or trading first round picks for WR's help them?  So they can lose more games 45-44?

Incredibly, building a defense doesn't count as helping your QB.  Building an OL doesn't count as helping your QB.  Building a run game doesn't count as helping your QB.  Rodgers continues to get a pass for being a less personable Peyton Manning.

The argument they haven't invested in Rodgers' WR group is just not true.  They got fine players for Rodgers, and still never sniffed a second SB. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2018/07/11/in-two-short-years-packers-wideout-davante-adams-has-turned-his-career-around/amp/

adams really struggled when he became a starter.  But if we had prime Rodgers, you would be happy settling for 2nd round picks?  If you have elite franchise guys, there’s like 5, I never got why you don’t go all in for them?  NE was similar to this but they would at least try with Randy Moss or Chad Johnson.  GB just settles for dudes and hopes Rodgers makes them great.  Their receiving core was worst than ours last year.  And they do nothing to improve it except add a scrub like Funchess (who will look better than he is because of Rodgers).  I’d be pissed if I was a Pats fan.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2018/07/11/in-two-short-years-packers-wideout-davante-adams-has-turned-his-career-around/amp/

adams really struggled when he became a starter.  But if we had prime Rodgers, you would be happy settling for 2nd round picks?  If you have elite franchise guys, there’s like 5, I never got why you don’t go all in for them?  NE was similar to this but they would at least try with Randy Moss or Chad Johnson.  GB just settles for dudes and hopes Rodgers makes them great.  Their receiving core was worst than ours last year.  And they do nothing to improve it except add a scrub like Funchess (who will look better than he is because of Rodgers).  I’d be pissed if I was a Pats fan.

Drafting players high in the second round is not settling for trash.  Nelson was 3 picks away from the first round. If they traded up and took him at 32 instead of 36 would you change your take?

Rodgers is approaching being done.  I wasn't surprised they weren't swinging for the fences this offseason.  Just like I wasn't surprised the Pats weren't trading firsts to help Brady.  Their windows are closing, not opening.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

They have NEVER given him a 1st rd skills position player. Love was a ridiculous pick. 

This is a slightly slanted narrative. They generally go trenches or secondary in the first and offensive skill players in the second and/or third. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, etc were all second rounders. Peter King reported that Gutekunst tried to trade up in the second this year for a WR, but couldn’t make it happen. However, they still followed their MO and went RB/TE in rounds 2 and 3. They’ll probably sign or trade for a WR around the June cuts.  

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yes.  Furthermore, no one actually cares if the player knows it or not when its apparent to everyone else.

Apparent to everyone else?  LOL!  No one anywhere said it was time to replace him.  There are literally ZERO mock drafts projecting a QB to the Packers.  And again, he's just 36 and coming off a Pro Bowl season. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

Apparent to everyone else?  LOL!  No one anywhere said it was time to replace him.  There are literally ZERO mock drafts projecting a QB to the Packers.  And again, he's just 36 and coming off a Pro Bowl season. 

And in the two years prior, he was 10-12-1 as a starter.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers of old and he hasn't been for some time.  I don't care about mock drafts (lol) or the ProBowl (lol).  He and Brady are both on the same "still a very good game manager" decline. In 2019, Rodgers posted the third worst passer rating of his career, despite winning 13 games. He hasn't had a passer rating >100 (where his career average is) since 2016. His TD% hasn't been above 5 in 2 years (his career avg is 6.0). '

The evidence is abounding that Rodgers just ain't the same player anymore.  Folks are acting like 2014 was yesterday, and it just wasn't.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Their second leading wr was Allen Lazard who had 477 yards and wasn’t drafted!  Yeah, I can’t believe anyone would think they might try to upgrade that position!  

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Their second leading wr was Allen Lazard who had 477 yards and wasn’t drafted!  Yeah, I can’t believe anyone would think they might try to upgrade that position!  

If only Tee Higgins was in at safety for this game.  The game might have ended in the third Q instead of at half.

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And in the two years prior, he was 10-12-1 as a starter.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers of old and he hasn't been for some time.  I don't care about mock drafts (lol) or the ProBowl (lol).  He and Brady are both on the same "still a very good game manager" decline. In 2019, Rodgers posted the third worst passer rating of his career, despite winning 13 games. He hasn't had a passer rating >100 (where his career average is) since 2016. His TD% hasn't been above 5 in 2 years (his career avg is 6.0). '

The evidence is abounding that Rodgers just ain't the same player anymore.  Folks are acting like 2014 was yesterday, and it just wasn't.

Win loss record??? What a lazy argument when talking about a guy like Rodgers. He threw 41 tds, 8 ints in 23 games in 2017 and 2018.  Clearly, he was holding GB back.  Need more Hundley and Kizer. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This and...

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Win loss record??? What a lazy argument when talking about a guy like Rodgers. He threw 41 tds, 8 ints in 23 games in 2017 and 2018.  Clearly, he was holding GB back.  Need more Hundley and Kizer. 

This.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t remember saying he was holding them back. He just isn’t as good as he used to be. This happens to every QB that plays. Some folks try to pretend Father Time won’t come for their favorite QB, but he always does.

I don’t remember saying he was holding them back. He just isn’t as good as he used to be. This happens to every QB that plays. Some folks try to pretend Father Time won’t come for their favorite QB, but he always does.

It’s like saying the hottest woman in the world has gotten older and she’s like a 9.5 instead of a 10 now.  Plus, because of their crappy receivers, you don’t let her exercise or eat healthy.  

maybe last year instead of taking Rashaun Gray, who sucked in college, they take Hollywood Brown.  Or maybe instead of taking a cb at 12 who is alright, they take DJ Moore or Calvin Ridley.  Those guys would be monsters with him. 

also with GB, it is harder to get FAs so the draft becomes much more important.  They have done a disservice to one of the greatest qbs ever and he has a right to be pissed.  So should their fans.