Why the NFL Draft is my favorite sports event of the year

The NFL draft reminds me of that family guy episode where Peter is offered the option of a boat and the mystery box. 

“A boats a boat but the mystery box could be anything-it could even be a boat”

No matter who your team drafts you can always find someone who will tell you what a great pick it is and pop up a YouTube video of his highlights that will get you excited. 

The reality is that 8/10 of these guys become afterthoughts within a year or two. The hit rate after the first two rounds is incredibly low and in rounds 4-7 it’s microscopic. 

Nonetheless I think every fan walks away from the draft thinking their team just acquired 5-6 new starting players. 

Everybody is a winner after the draft as a fan. Even if you didn’t initially like the picks your team made you can always talk yourself into it after the fact. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

The NFL draft reminds me of that family guy episode where Peter is offered the option of a boat and the mystery box. 

“A boats a boat but the mystery box could be anything-it could even be a boat”

No matter who your team drafts you can always find someone who will tell you what a great pick it is and pop up a YouTube video of his highlights that will get you excited. 

The reality is that 8/10 of these guys become afterthoughts within a year or two. The hit rate after the first two rounds is incredibly low and in rounds 4-7 it’s microscopic. 

Nonetheless I think every fan walks away from the draft thinking their team just acquired 5-6 new starting players. 

Everybody is a winner after the draft as a fan. Even if you didn’t initially like the picks your team made you can always talk yourself into it after the fact. 

You're a Jets fan. What else have you got?