What Are Your Post 2020 Free Agency and NFL Draft Trade Moves/Positional Changes.

Given the positional upgrade needs of last season, the Bills' 2020 free agent signings, this past NFL Draft, what trades/positional switches would you pull to make up for areas you feel still weren't adequately addressed this off-season?  

Here are mine:

1. Speed Back. Unless we have someone on the current roster waiting in the wings that will fill the role of speed back (maybe TJ Yeldon, Christian Wade, etc.) I'm going RB, because the offense needs a jolt in this department. Wasn't exactly thrilled about the recent Zack Moss selection, but I can respect it because he seems to offer at least three elements on offense that Devin Singletary either doesn't posses, or may not be quite as natural with: physicality, pass-blocking ability, and hands. I can live with the pick, but I can't get fully onboard with the excitement surrounding the Moss pick, because I could actually see him struggling, given his running style and the current O-line the Bills' have in place...assuming we're operating under last season's lineup. 

Which brings me to my next area of concern:

2. Interior Linemen. I think the Bills are in pretty good shape here, but I feel like the front office may have grown content with the current O-line, hopefully not. Barring injury or a surprise cut, we can expect to see a starting lineup comprised of Dion Dawkins (LT), Quinton Spain (LG), Mitch Morse (C,) Jon Feliciano (RG), and Cody Ford (RT), with Ty Nsekhe potentially playing a major role as swing tackle once again this year. The offense has gotten much better under this unit, but it's my belief that the O-line needed to get more physically imposing on the inside to accommodate Devin Singletary's strength running the ball; he's not the fastest guy running to the outside, so having that power on the inside would be highly beneficial I think, factor in Zack Moss' north-south power game, and it makes even more sense. 

Cody Ford's progression from last season will determine where he suits up for the majority of this season, but it was my wish to see Beane/McDermott pull the trigger on either a high-level RT or RG, as that would have served as an early indicator that nothing's been set in stone---in the mind's of the two---concerning Ford and the position opposite of Dawkins. Hoping Ford is the long-term answer at RT, but if not I'm also hoping the coaches don't fight the obvious and kick him to the inside where he may offer the most value. 

What's your position(s) of concern?

Plug in your trade candidate(s) that comes to mind, who the Bills might have a realistic chance of landing. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Given the positional upgrade needs of last season, the Bills' 2020 free agent signings, this past NFL Draft, what trades/positional switches would you pull to make up for areas you feel still weren't adequately addressed this off-season?  

Here are mine:

1. Speed Back. Unless we have someone on the current roster waiting in the wings that will fill the role of speed back (maybe TJ Yeldon, Christian Wade, etc.) I'm going RB, because the offense needs a jolt in this department. Wasn't exactly thrilled about the recent Zack Moss selection, but I can respect it because he seems to offer at least three elements on offense that Devin Singletary either doesn't posses, or may not be quite as natural with: physicality, pass-blocking ability, and hands. I can live with the pick, but I can't get fully onboard with the excitement surrounding the Moss pick, because I could actually see him struggling, given his running style and the current O-line the Bills' have in place...assuming we're operating under last season's lineup. 

2. Interior Linemen. I think the Bills are in pretty good shape here, but I feel like the front office may have grown content with the current O-line, hopefully not. Barring injury or a surprise cut, we can expect to see a starting lineup comprised of Dion Dawkins (LT), Quinton Spain (LG), Mitch Morse (C,) Jon Feliciano (RG), and Cody Ford (RT), with Ty Nsekhe potentially playing a major role as swing tackle once again this year. The offense has gotten much better under this unit, but it's my belief that the O-line needed to get more physically imposing on the inside to accommodate Devin Singletary's strength running the ball; he's not the fastest guy running to the outside, so having that power on the inside would be highly beneficial I think, factor in Zack Moss' north-south power game, and it makes even more sense. 

Cody Ford's progression from last season will determine where he suits up for the majority of this season, but it was my wish to see Beane/McDermott pull the trigger on either a high-level RT or RG, as that would have served as an early indicator that nothing's been set in stone---in the mind's of the two---concerning Ford and the position opposite of Dawkins. Hoping Ford is the long-term answer at RT, but if not I'm also hoping the coaches don't fight the obvious and kick him to the inside where he may offer the most value. 

Plug in your trade candidate(s) that comes to mind, who the Bills might have a realistic chance of landing. 

Literally none

just gotta make the meal on the field the groceries have been delivered

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree speed back. You can win with guys like Singletary and Moss but my personal preference is for a real speed guy. 

If the Bills hadn't added Diggs to the lineup, there'd still be only one real threat to break the game open in John Brown on most downs; I thought it was imperative to add that speed element at the RB position to make life easier on Josh Allen by picking up those chunk yardage when he's struggling through the air. 

From what I can tell, Moss isn't the most elusive back and his power seems to dip if he isn't running with a full head of steam, straight at the defense , so my concern is that if defenses focus on clogging the running lanes between the tackles and are successful, then all that force Moss runs with is neutralized and then it's back to depending heavily on Singletary to make something happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

Linebacker: Mostly I am concerned about depth at this position. VoSean Joseph & Tyrel Dodson look promising, but they have barely played. Tyler Matekevich & Corey Thompson are more special teams players. A.J. Klein will help, but there's a considerable drop off after him.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Linebacker: Mostly I am concerned about depth at this position. VoSean Joseph & Tyrel Dodson look promising, but they have barely played. Tyler Matekevich & Corey Thompson are more special teams players. A.J. Klein will help, but there's a considerable drop off after him.

I am very concerned if any of our starters go down- but also know we are likely to be in Nickel much of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't see Beane making any major trades after getting Diggs, free agent signings, and the draft. I could see some guys who have had NFL success recently signed to a one or two year deal.

Linebacker

Ogletree is available in FA. Pretty good in coverage and a former 1st round pick. He is probably better than all LB's save Edmunds and Milano.

Running Back

Lamar Miller is a solid vet, and I believe has more upside than Yeldon catching out of the backfield.

Offensive Guard/Tackle

Resign Glenn. He knows the team, city, and offensive concepts. He can be the swing tackle or compete for RT.  At worst, he would be the best backup lineman.

Corner

Sign Prince Akumara (spelling wrong) to a 1 year deal. 

Punter

When you have two punters, it means you have none. Bring in UDFA Turk or other vets. The winner of that tryout group joins training camp competition for punter position.

Edited by Wizard

Ogletree? He's done

Miller? He's done

Glenn? He's done (and that hurts to say 'cos I was a huge Cordy Glenn fan)

Amukamara? He still has some juice but he is not really a scheme fit. He is at his best in a scheme that does a lot of press man. He gets a bit lost in zone.

Turk? If he is still out there wouldn't be against that, not convinced our punter is on the roster yet.

As for money of those you listed I think DiMarco is almost certain to make the roster but some of the others less so. I doubt the Bills outright cut them though. Yeldon and Murphy are guys I can see Beane flipping for day 3 draft picks come the end of camp.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:52 PM, BurpleBull said:

Here are mine:

While id like to see some more speed - they carry a FB on the 53 and they like taiwan jones for special teams.  Jones ran a 4.33 at the combine (in 2011), and McKenzie ran a 4.42... Diggs and Brown both ran in 4.3-4.4 range.  There's a fair amount of speed there that they can use in different ways running the ball.  

Corner? Maybe. 
But I believe McDermott’s system and coaching can coach up whoever they decide to put opposite Tre at CB2. Plus between Norman, Gaines, Wallace & Jackson they should be deep enough to put one of those guys out their and win enough battles. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I would trade our deep depth for draft picks.  Bills Oline, WR, DL, TE cuts will be picked up fast.  I'm sure Beane is exploring any trade that benefits Bills

I believe Beane will do exactly that with cut candidates. Foster or Duke probably won’t get anything. But Spencer Long might get you a 5th or 6th to a team in need of an interior OL. 

Murphy could possibly get us a 4th? I’m just spitballing at these returns but they got a 7th for Marshall Newhouse and a 6th for Russell Bodine. I mean... damn.