The trade that didn't happen

So in reviewing the clues from Beane on the trade that didn't happen because the guy we wanted was drafted before the trade happened  1)It was an offensive lineman 2) It was with a NFC team and 3) it was a move up 3 or 4 picks

In Round 3, Lloyd Cushenberry was drafted 4 picks above us and could have moved up 3 spots with the Rams fits the clues to a t.

In Round 6, Blake Brandell was drafted 4 picks above us by the Vikings who also owned a pick 2 ahead of us. Yet not sure we'd want to give the Vikings more picks.

Thoughts?

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So in reviewing the clues from Beane on the trade that didn't happen because the guy we wanted was drafted before the trade happened  1)It was an offensive lineman 2) It was with a NFC and 3) it was a move up 3 or 4 picks

In Round 3, Lloyd Cushenberry was drafted 4 picks above us and could have moved up 3 spots with the Rams fits the clues to a t.

In Round 6, Blake Brandell was drafted 4 picks above us by the Vikings who also owned a pick 2 ahead of us. Yet not sure we'd want to give the Vikings more picks.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure I believe that he didn't have Moss targeted in the 3rd round.  I'd have to go with the 6th round.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Beane said it was an NFC team

I totally understand, but it’s not uncommon to disinform even after the fact.  Also, his comment could have been referring to the Giants at 180.  There’s a lot of grey here, but I’m pretty sure it was Muti.  Just my opinion.  It’ll come out I’m sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/27/brandon-beane-reveals-buffalo-bills-potential-2020-nfl-draft-trade/

Muti doesn't fit 3 or 4 picks away as he was the second pick in round 6, we owned eighth pick in round.

I’m not going by what Beane said on the call, just going by what’s being discussed by those who have heard otherwise.  I have nothing to base this on, just sidebar conversations with a few individuals who would know beyond just speculation or reading tea leaves.  Again, nothing here but an opinion.  

Also, the same individuals both say that the reason for the disinformation is because there’s some bad blood with the club that drafted Muti over their erroneous leaking that they stole Melvin Gordon from Buffalo, when Buffalo wasn’t ever interested (aside from taking a call from D Bilbo (Gordon’s agent).  Take this for what it’s worth.  A Canadian beaver nickel.  

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, DFT said:

I’m not going by what Beane said on the call, just going by what’s being discussed by those who have heard otherwise.  I have nothing to base this on, just sidebar conversations with a few individuals who would know beyond just speculation or reading tea leaves.  Again, nothing here but an opinion.  

Yeah no inside info from me so if you have some than you're better guesser than me.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Yeah no inside info from me so if you have some than you're better guesser than me.

I think it’s mostly speculative, but both are well placed and trustworthy.  They’re also not affiliated with each other so that lends me to believe the smoke/fire aspect.  That’s all I’ve got.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not in the 3rd round , as Beane later said that the pick in question here for this mystery player would have already been traded away if they had of been able to move up for Moss like they were trying to..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/27/brandon-beane-reveals-buffalo-bills-potential-2020-nfl-draft-trade/

Muti doesn't fit 3 or 4 picks away as he was the second pick in round 6, we owned eighth pick in round.

Based  on what Beane said, he was trying to trade up 3-4 picks with an NFC team, but during the discussion the guy got picked.  So the 2nd pick of round 6 when we have the 8th is consistent with what Beane was saying.  He also said the player was picked by an AFC team.  He may have been trying to trade w/ the Panthers or Giants, but the Broncos jumped on him before they got to the team being on the clock.

I assumed Claypool second round...

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I heard that the Bills tried to trade up for Devin Duvernay

Man that would’ve been a good get.  I like the receivers they drafted but he would’ve added a fun speed and YAC element to the offense - McKenzie but good.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I assumed Claypool second round...

Man that would’ve been a good get.  I like the receivers they drafted but he would’ve added a fun speed and YAC element to the offense - McKenzie but good.

I’m wondering if Beane saying it was an OL was BS so as to not cause controversy when he took Davis with the next pick? I heard Duvernay. Maybe my info is bad? I doubt it though. It’s easy to say it was an OL when you didn’t draft another one after to have to answer to, “hey we wanted someone else instead.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m wondering if Beane saying it was an OL was BS so as to not cause controversy when he took Davis with the next pick? I heard Duvernay. Maybe my info is bad? I doubt I though. It’s easy to say it was an OL when you didn’t draft another one after to have to answer to, “hey we wanted someone else instead.”

Muti would’ve been an interesting get as well - if not for injury issues he’s a top interior lineman prospect - if he stays healthy he could end up being one of the steals of the draft.  Would’ve been a fan favorite here.  Ah well.

• Like (+1) 2