Healthy Skepticism for This Year's Draft Class...

26 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

As if it's a binary choice.

I want no part of winston OR barkley.

I'll roll with Fromm and make Barkley QB3

Whatever man, I’d gladly have Winston over Barkley or Fromm.

That said, I don’t have a problem with the Bills trying a younger QB to challenge Barkley.

But I bristle at Bills fans turning their nose up at Winston when the Beane McDermott era has started Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That said, I don’t have a problem with the Bills trying a younger QB to challenge Barkley.

But I bristle at Bills fans turning their nose up at Winston when the Beane McDermott era has started Nate Peterman, Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley. 

Good luck with that condition ?.

is there something you can take for it? Over the counter? Prescription? Inoculation? Gun??

It's obvious what OBD is drafting for with their picks. 

Buffalo has a culture and a style now that they have a competent front office. 

In their 3rd draft, they are drafting for pieces to complement what they already have. 

Think of New England for a moment.   They have always had a Welker type of player,  always had strong pass catching TEs, a versatile running back, etc. 

They draft players to fit their scheme, and thats exactly what Buffalo is beginning to do. 

Epenesa...power DE and INSIDE rusher...worst place a Qb can have pressure is up the middle.   Buffalo's identity is pressure up the middle, De's clean it up. 

Moss...fills the role of Gore.   Its clear now more than ever Gore wasn't brought here so much for his veteran presence but because Buffalo has an identity and the wanted to fit it.   They want a power back and evasive back. 

WR....They went out and brought in a number 1 who does everything well and demands attention.   Opposite of that a great route runner with tons of speed in Brown, and a slot reciever in Beasley who gains consistent seperation underneath and across the middle.   What were they missing?   A huge Wr who can stretch the field consistently and create mismatches on deep routes every time hes on the field.  He's their home run hitter. 

Its clear to me going into year 4 what they are now doing with the draft.   They have their base roster in place and are now drafting for scheme and depth. 

This is the most competent front office and coaching staff Buffalo has had in 20 years and the on field results verify that. 

I was a skeptic the first two years, not anymore.   

Is every pick going to pan out?   Hell no.   But as long as the majority of them do I'll keep the faith. 

Trust the process.... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There's no doubt that Winston has more raw talent than those other QBs.

But his personality is... weird. Incredibly cringey most of the time. It was the single thing that put me off of him when he was still at Florida State. I couldnt see him ever becoming a true leader of NFL men. He certainly tries, but it comes off so weird.

All you need to see is the "Eat the W" video to know he shouldnt be in our QB room as supporting cast to Josh.

Big oof right here....

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But his personality is... weird. Incredibly cringey most of the time. It was the single thing that put me off of him when he was still at Florida State. I couldnt see him ever becoming a true leader of NFL men. He certainly tries, but it comes off so weird.

All you need to see is the "Eat the W" video to know he shouldnt be in our QB room as supporting cast to Josh.

Big oof right here....

We’ll just stick with Fromm and Barkley and hope neither one has to play.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Epenesa...power DE and INSIDE rusher...worst place a Qb can have pressure is up the middle.   Buffalo's identity is pressure up the middle, De's clean it up. 

Moss...fills the role of Gore.   Its clear now more than ever Gore wasn't brought here so much for his veteran presence but because Buffalo has an identity and the wanted to fit it.   They want a power back and evasive back. 

WR....They went out and brought in a number 1 who does everything well and demands attention.   Opposite of that a great route runner with tons of speed in Brown, and a slot reciever in Beasley who gains consistent seperation underneath and across the middle.   What were they missing?   A huge Wr who can stretch the field consistently and create mismatches on deep routes every time hes on the field.  He's their home run hitter. 

Trust the process.... 

Epenesa gives the DE some youth. Hughes is over 30, Addison is 33, Murphy is 29 years old.

Beane said that Gore played over Yeldon last year because they wanted a downhill running style. Gore fit the mold of Tolbert and Ivory, because McDermott wants the power run game. 

At WR, I really think they wanted more competition for the #4, #5, #6 spots. McKenize has yo-yo’d off an on the game day roster, Foster has been in the dog house and Duke was MIA for 90% of last season. 

Neither Davis (4.54) or Hodgins (4.61) are burners though, so we’ll see if Davis can get deep or if Hodgins can separate enough to be effective. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

this roster is freaking loaded....2nd and 3rd rounders make it....the rest who knows probably keep 1 wr. We are not looking for a crop of rookies on the club we are past that.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Big oof right here....

how do you get a locker room to under preform?  Guys like this - nope

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Epenesa gives the DE some youth. Hughes is over 30, Addison is 33, Murphy is 29 years old.

Beane said that Gore played over Yeldon last year because they wanted a downhill running style. Gore fit the mold of Tolbert and Ivory, because McDermott wants the power run game. 

At WR, I really think they wanted more competition for the #4, #5, #6 spots. McKenize has yo-yo’d off an on the game day roster, Foster has been in the dog house and Duke was MIA for 90% of last season. 

Neither Davis (4.54) or Hodgins (4.61) are burners though, so we’ll see if Davis can get deep or if Hodgins can separate enough to be effective. 

Think Kelvin Benjamin.   They want a big reciever to fit one of them Wr roles, that is their identity.    That player now,  is Davis.   Double move, down field, mismatched against everyone TD or big play. 

As far as the running game they want both styles.   Imagine this.  3rd and two, Motor in the backfield.   How much respect do you have for the run game?  Now ask yourself the same question with Moss in there. Demanding respect for that run just opened up a whole lot of opportunities and mismatches. 

5th round on was value and depth IMO. 

As far as Epenesa, he fits the scheme.

"Oliver became one of the most efficient pass rushing tackles in the league during the second half of the 2019 season. He finished the year with five sacks, and the rookie had the seventh-highest pass rush win rate of any interior lineman.

Now to add next to Oliver and replace Phillips, the Bills bring in Jefferson, who, in his prime at 27-years-old, is coming off an extremely productive season where he finished with the fifth-highest pass rush win rate of all defensive tackles.

The Bills now have two of the seven most-efficient pass rushers on the inside. They compliment that with Butler, who is also coming off a career-year in 2019 with six sacks of his own.

Quarterbacks hate pressure up the middle, and there might only be a few teams that will generate it on a more consistent basis than Buffalo in 2020."

Edited by TwistofFate

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I'd take Winston for $5M/year, and especially $1.1M. 

• Like (+1) 1

The guy has all the talent in the world. He just makes poor decisions on and off the field. I hope he learns in NOLA and grows into what he can be. My son was at FSU when he was there, so I followed somewhat closely. I want a QB who makes good decisions. He’s had no recent legal troubles that I know of, but 35 TO’s in one season balances out all the yards and TD’s.

Again, hope he figures it out. I’m not a hater, just want the right kind of decisions from a QB. If he’s a LB or CB, I might have a little different view. He should benefit from his role with the Saints, and his lack of a big contract may be an eye opener. 

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

It's obvious what OBD is drafting for with their picks. 

Buffalo has a culture and a style now that they have a competent front office. 

In their 3rd draft, they are drafting for pieces to complement what they already have. 

Think of New England for a moment.   They have always had a Welker type of player,  always had strong pass catching TEs, a versatile running back, etc. 

They draft players to fit their scheme, and thats exactly what Buffalo is beginning to do. 

Its clear to me going into year 4 what they are now doing with the draft.   They have their base roster in place and are now drafting for scheme and depth. 

This is the most competent front office and coaching staff Buffalo has had in 20 years and the on field results verify that. 

I was a skeptic the first two years, not anymore.   

Is every pick going to pan out?   Hell no.   But as long as the majority of them do I'll keep the faith. 

Trust the process.... 

If there were a FO Pro Bowl ... Pegs, Beane and McD would be on it.  Beane would be the friggin QB. 

I cant think of a better regime.  Not even RW/Polian/Levy.  We are on our way.

• Like (+1) 1