Bills sign FA safety/linebacker Mike Bell.

PIZ

Went to Fresno as a CB.  Crazy. Looks like he can’t hang in man.  Strict zone coverage with whichever position he plays.  Was 205 before the 2019 draft. 

sounds like a leader, a hitter and a special teams player. ie: camp body hoping to make the PS

This is a clue to who I think Beane mentioned he tried to move up "3-4 picks" and make a trade "With a NFC team" but while on the phone. "our guy" got drafted. 

I looked over the draft for players Beane would be interested and the 5th round stood out to me. as it was the first like truly surprising pick

Instead of "taking BPA on the board, Jake fromm"

I think its possible they were on the phone with the bears, 4 picks ahead of them... the player selected right before them by the Redskins was this safety linebacker type Khaleke Hudson out of Michigan. Undersized LB but 30 Reps of 225...4.56-40 yard dash.. 10' broad jump. great tackler with good instincts. I really think this was "our guy"

30! 30 reps of 225, 4.56 40 yard dash. like what a bowling ball

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khaleke-hudson?id=32194855-4444-8091-9618-834bc38fda6c

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, buffalover4life said:

This is a clue to who I think Beane mentioned he tried to move up "3-4 picks" and make a trade "With a NFC team" but while on the phone. "our guy" got drafted. 

I looked over the draft for players Beane would be interested and the 5th round stood out to me. as it was the first like truly surprising pick

Instead of "taking BPA on the board, Jake fromm"

I think its possible they were on the phone with the bears, 4 picks ahead of them... the player selected right before them by the Redskins was this safety linebacker type Khaleke Hudson out of Michigan. Undersized LB but 30 Reps of 225...4.56-40 yard dash.. 10' broad jump. great tackler with good instincts. I really think this was "our guy"

30! 30 reps of 225, 4.56 40 yard dash. like what a bowling ball

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khaleke-hudson?id=32194855-4444-8091-9618-834bc38fda6c

Nope - Beane said today that the guy they targeted was an olineman. It was Either in the 4th round to move up for stenberg trading with Dallas, moving up in the 5th with Washington trading up for Harris or moving up in the 6th trading with Carolina moving up for Muti or onwenu. My guess is they tried trade their 6th and 7th to Carolina to trade up for Muti as they had several meetings/calls with Muti.

• Like (+1) 1

With a 4.83 40 he was a slow safety.  Now he's a slow and underweight linebacker.  If you're slow you'll have a challenge to make a competitive NFL team like the Bills.  If you're slow and underweight, you need to be looking for a new line of work.

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

With a 4.83 40 he was a slow safety.  Now he's a slow and underweight linebacker.  If you're slow you'll have a challenge to make a competitive NFL team like the Bills.  If you're slow and underweight, you need to be looking for a new line of work.

How the hell do you run a 4.83 and play safety? Is this the 1980's?

14 hours ago, TigerJ said:

If he really is that slow in the game then he will not make the team- he is definitely a camp body if he is that small and slow. 

This guy ain’t making the team, but I’m happy to have him and hope that maybe he can open some eyes. I mean right out of college he was a tryout player and could not even be added to the 90 man, and now, after a year of no football, he is somehow a better prospect? This is the longest of long shots.