Seahawks release Fluker and Britt

GreggTX

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are ppl trying to replace Jon F.

For christ sake

Especially for a guy who’s team thinks he’s bad enough to cut, evidently no one wanted to trade for him... John F plays RG well, he is mean, and is our primary back up center, which he also plays well, rolls eyes, shakes head...

35 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Because he's very upgradeable? I don't know if Fluker would be any better but Feliciano isn't anything special.

Then why a lateral move at best ? 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Especially for a guy who’s team thinks he’s bad enough to cut, evidently no one wanted to trade for him... John F plays RG well, he is mean, and is our primary back up center, which he also plays well, rolls eyes, shakes head...

Between him and Ford I really like the way they get after ppl that take cheap shots at our QB

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Just saw this on NFL Network. Flucker would be a nice uqgrade at RG. I don't think we need Britt, but I'd love to see Fluckere in Bills blue for 2020. Thoughts?

Don't know Britt.  I live in San Diego, so I've seen Fluker - meh.  Not worth the contract.  I like Feliciano's tenacity.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could you define "ordinary"

or·di·nar·y

/ˈôrdnˌerē/

adjective

1. with no special or distinctive features; normal.

He's not bad, but he's easily the weakest of our starters on offense who wasn't a rookie last year. 

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I'm not saying we should sign Fluker. I'm saying that people talked about potentially upgrading RG this offseason because Feliciano is a very ordinary player.

So in other words he’s average/sold, upgrade him? Sure like we would do at any position, but above average/above sold OL is a pretty rare item in the league, especially with what’s coming out of the college farm leagues. 

52 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So in other words he’s average/sold, upgrade him? Sure like we would do at any position, but above average/above sold OL is a pretty rare item in the league, especially with what’s coming out of the college farm leagues. 

I never said we need to upgrade him. This whole thing was in response to someone saying "I don't understand why people wanna upgrade Feliciano", and me saying that it's probably cause he's not that great.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Just saw this on NFL Network. Flucker would be a nice uqgrade at RG. I don't think we need Britt, but I'd love to see Fluckere in Bills blue for 2020. Thoughts?

Whoa. Completely disagree. Fluker is replacement level. Britt was a good center. However, as others have said coming off an injury I'd pass on both.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Whoa. Completely disagree. Fluker is replacement level. Britt was a good center. However, as others have said coming off an injury I'd pass on both.

I could see bringing in Britt as another depth guy competing and recovering. He can play RT, G and C but was terrible at RT. Essentially you would be reuniting the Mizzou O-line circa 2013 with Morse, Britt, Boehm. But I am guessing Britt goes somewhere to start with the lack of good center options around.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

or·di·nar·y

/ˈôrdnˌerē/

adjective

1. with no special or distinctive features; normal.

He's not bad, but he's easily the weakest of our starters on offense who wasn't a rookie last year. 

So maybe you would want to preface it with "ordinary for a starting offensive linemen?"

By the way.....I actually think MORSE was the guy that would fit that description and that was the guy we paid huge money to

I think we are (finally) past the point where we need to consider every piece of other team’s trash just because we might have  heard of them, or they might have been good at some time in the past.  Hard no on these two.  Not upgrades, either of them.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are ppl trying to replace Jon F.

For christ sake

Didn't  ESPN keep showing a stat that the Bills were pressured on 33% of their dropbacks, was worst in the league? Was Wondering if anyone else saw that. 

7 minutes ago, noacls said:

Didn't  ESPN keep showing a stat that the Bills were pressured on 33% of their dropbacks, was worst in the league? Was Wondering if anyone else saw that. 

I would be curious in a deeper dive in what positions are giving up those pressures and how they compare to the other teams.

Our OG play is definately better (Spain didnt give up one sack) then previous years....the interesting thing is poor offensive line play is a problem for a LOT of teams.

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be curious in a deeper dive in what positions are giving up those pressures and how they compare to the other teams.

Our OG play is definately better (Spain didnt give up one sack) then previous years....the interesting thing is poor offensive line play is a problem for a LOT of teams.

I agree. Was just wondering if I miss read something on draft broadcast saturday. 

Dont get me wrong I love Feliciano's attitude and toughness but I wonder if he would be better as G and C backup.