Patriots got a little weaker - James Devlin retires

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

James Devlin FB retires. He was a very good blocker for them. Sorry that he is hurt, but glad that he creates a hole for the Patsies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111928/article/roundup-patriots-fb-james-devlin-retiring-from-nfl

Seems like Bill knew, and told him to wait til post-draft.  They grabbed Keene to sort of play a FB/H-Back role for them.

Good player - ST contributor too.  

Edited by dneveu

I honestly don't know why ANYONE is scared of this team.

If anybody else was going into camp with Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham at the top of their QB depth chart, they would be a laughing stock.  Not to mention, they have done absolutely nothing to upgrade their offensive skill positions (which were pretty bad last season).  Because it's Bill Belichick, everyone assumes he just knows something everyone else doesn't.  

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

As of today at 4:01pm EST, this is an average team. Now if they sign Dalton or Cam, that changes completely. But they are not good. Lost a lot.

Your mileage (and opinion) may vary.

The moves they'd have to make to free up cap space required to sign Dalton or Cam would negate adding either of those QBs.

Would mean Sanu and Thurney would get cut.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank goodness.

I was really worried that he had ruined Tremaines career 2 years ago with that devastating block.  That was a man destroying a kid block.  Wasn’t sure Tremaine would ever be the same after getting smashed like that

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

If anybody else was going into camp with Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham at the top of their QB depth chart, they would be a laughing stock.  Not to mention, they have done absolutely nothing to upgrade their offensive skill positions (which were pretty bad last season).  Because it's Bill Belichick, everyone assumes he just knows something everyone else doesn't.  

I’m not scared of the team just scared they end up with Trevor Lawrence 

25 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

James Devlin FB retires. He was a very good blocker for them. Sorry that he is hurt, but glad that he creates a hole for the Patsies.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111928/article/roundup-patriots-fb-james-devlin-retiring-from-nfl

Creating holes. Even in retirement. 

Color me impressed.

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Well - they cheat. So they have that going for them.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, notwoz said:

The Patriots might be a bit weaker. But as long as Bill Belichick is running the show, they will be dangerous. 

Belichick is 51-65 without Brady.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Their new kicker has a tattoo on his arm representing a right wing militia.  He's been told to obiiterate or cover it.  Yes, things are slipping in beantown. 

Lol, that's a feature not a bug in Boston.

I'd honestly be surprised if Belichick signs a 'known'' QB. I think he's going to be so motivated to do well this season with this roster so he can show what a genius he is, that he can do it without Brady and a roster people are writing off. 

At this point Brady and Belichick are like two songwriting partners who have had a bunch of hits but each one feels the other guy unfairly gets too much of the credit. 

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

As of today at 4:01pm EST, this is an average team. Now if they sign Dalton or Cam, that changes completely. But they are not good. Lost a lot.

Your mileage (and opinion) may vary.

They have no money to sign either, Cam is in the 18 million range along with Dalton, Pats are negative in salary cap. Belichick would literally have to  gut the team just to get out of the negative, and that means he would have to trade Gilmore since he has an expensive contract.

At this point they would be lucky to be able to sign Matt Moore

Edited by BuffaloBills1998