The Way Too Early Over Under Topic

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s more share of team TDs. Aaron Jones scored 16 TDs, Singletary and Gore combined for 4. 

Only Allen scores TDs for the Bills. If he doesn’t score 30+ we don’t win games. You realize the amount of close games we played this year when he scored 29 TDs? 10 one score games.

Well that's what I'm saying. The increase in points needs to come from other areas besides Josh. Running backs is the big one.

Gore became pretty useless and he was the short yardage and goal line back. Hopefully Moss can be better and get more production. And hopefully Singletary can score more as well with more playing time.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well that's what I'm saying. The increase in points needs to come from other areas besides Josh. Running backs is the big one.

Gore became pretty useless and he was the short yardage and goal line back. Hopefully Moss can be better and get more production. And hopefully Singletary can score more as well with more playing time.

Imo it’s more likely Allen scores more TDs than it is to bank on a rookie backup RB making up that difference. Personally I think Allen might score 40+ combined.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Imo it’s more likely Allen scores more TDs than it is to bank on a rookie backup RB making up that difference. Personally I think Allen might score 40+ combined.

He better be in MVP consideration then.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You can’t see Singletary and Moss combining for 8 or 9 TD’s this season?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You can’t see Singletary and Moss combining for 8 or 9 TD’s this season?

Sure I could. I could also see special teams and defense chipping in. 

My point was how outside Allen there was very little scoring production, very different from Green Bay.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sure I could. I could also see special teams and defense chipping in. 

My point was how outside Allen there was very little scoring production, very different from Green Bay.

Yeah I think that was more out an outlier than anything tbh. I think it’s very likely that Allen’s TD production remains unchanged and the rest of the team catches up. Another huge difference between the Bills and say the Chiefs is that they made 12 more FG’s on the year. More drives and more RZ opportunities will beget points.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

So you think Josh Allen needs to be better than Aaron Rodgers? I don't get it.

The extra points will come from the running backs, special teams, and hopefully the defense (who didn't get many if any scores), and yeah, some from Josh Allen too.

If we want to get to 23 points per game, which would make our team average, we only have to score 4 more points per game. Obviously we want to be better than that, but I don't expect our offense to be much better than average this year. So that's about 9 more TD's over the course of the season. Half from Josh to get him to about 30 and half from the running backs and other areas of the team. That's doable and that would make our team average scorers.

Yeah, if we want our offense to be top 10 this year, something I don't know is super realistic, then Josh may have to account for more than 30 TD's. But top ten only means 24.5 points per game, so another 3.5 TD's over the season.

Aaron Rodgers accounted for less than 30 TD's and his team got 13 wins. Jimmy G had 29 and his team went to the super bowl. Pat Mahomes had 28 total TD's and he WON the Superbowl.

I really don't get it. If Allen gets more than 30 TD's he's in elite company.

If the offense isn't much better after all of these changes, you don't get why that's a problem?  Even with a very good Defense again this season, that would not make them a 13 win team. 

Josh Allen's ceiling, with all these new weapons shouldn't be Aaron Rodgers basement. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If the offense isn't much better after all of these changes, you don't get why that's a problem?  Even with a very good Defense again this season, that would not make them a 13 win team. 

Josh Allen's ceiling, with all these new weapons shouldn't be Aaron Rodgers basement. 

The offense will be improved. I just don't think Allen is going to be a top 5 QB yet. Do you? You think it will be a failure if he isn't among the elite QB's by the end of this season?

I expect him to improve, I just don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be elite yet.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

The offense will be improved. I just don't think Allen is going to be a top 5 QB yet. Do you? You think it will be a failure if he isn't among the elite QB's by the end of this season?

I expect him to improve, I just don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be elite yet.

No won't be "elite" (comparing his best output to the declining or worst outputs of truly, perennially elite QBs is a very poor argument) next season.  If he doesn't pass for over 25-26 TDs then yes something is wrong.  It's his 3rd year.  He has all the weapons now.  This Offense obviously has been retooled for the passing game. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No won't be "elite" (comparing his best output to the declining or worst outputs of truly, perennially elite QBs is a very poor argument) next season.  If he doesn't pass for over 25-26 TDs then yes something is wrong.  It's his 3rd year.  He has all the weapons now.  This Offense obviously has been retooled for the passing game. 

What are you talking about? It would be on par with Pat Mahomes, Jimmy G, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers. Literally all of the best QB's in the league, young or old, last year were around 30 total TD's or less. Only Lamar Jackson, the league MVP, had significantly more than 30.

If he passes for 25 or 26 TD's he's in great company, as long as he keeps his INT's low.

You are simply choosing to ignore the actual data here and holding on to your argument without any substance.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

What are you talking about? It would be on par with Pat Mahomes, Jimmy G, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers. Literally all of the best QB's in the league, young or old, last year were around 30 total TD's or less. Only Lamar Jackson, the league MVP, had significantly more than 30.

If he passes for 25 or 26 TD's he's in great company, as long as he keeps his INT's low.

You are simply choosing to ignore the actual data here and holding on to your argument without any substance.

Jimmy G is not an elite QB

Brees, Rodgers are approaching the end of their careers and both had down years 2 of the last 3 years.

Mahomes missed  games and played injured for several.

Wilson had his lowest output last year in 3 seasons.

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jimmy G is not an elite QB

Brees, Rodgers are approaching the end of their careers and both had down years 2 of the last 3 years.

Mahomes missed  games and played injured for several.

Wilson had his lowest output last year in 3 seasons.

Who are elite QB’s? Watson has 33 TD’s last year. Wilson had 34 last year and 35 the year prior.

Who is your comparison?

Edited by FireChans

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Who are elite QB’s? Watson has 33 TD’s last year. Wilson had 34 last year and 35 the year prior.

Who is your comparison?

I covered that.

Anyone would agree that Wilson, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes are elite.  But JA having his best year next year equivalent to elite QB's down or worst years doesn't make his performance more elite, does it?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I covered that.

Anyone would agree that Wilson, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes are elite.  But JA having his best year next year equivalent to elite QB's down or worst years doesn't make his performance more elite, does it?

Down or worst years? That’s not how it works. Their performances fluctuate every year. Wilson’s last year was not a down year.

Wilson passed for 26 TD’s as a rookie. In his third year, he passed for 20 TD’s. Hardly “elite” numbers and extremely distant from his “down year” last year.

I don’t expect Josh Allen to have an “elite” performance next year. He just needs to have a good season. Wilson, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes all had good seasons last year. None of those teams are panicking about the QB position after those seasons last year. They all performed well enough to be playoff teams and Super Bowl teams. That’s literally all I care about. I don’t need Josh to have a Matt Stafford year where he leads the league in TD’s and it’d be really silly to expect that.

Edited by FireChans

On 4/27/2020 at 2:22 PM, FireChans said:

Go on record!

Bills wins o/u 9.5 Over

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5 Over

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards Over

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage Over

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks Over

Bills defense o/u 3.5th in points allowed Over (worse than 3rd)

Bills offense o/u 14.5th in points scored Under (better than 15th)

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5 Over

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5 Over

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5 Over

• Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 1:22 PM, FireChans said:

Go on record!

Bills wins o/u 9.5   OVER

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5   OVER

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards   OVER

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage  UNDER

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks   OVER

Bills defense o/u 3.5th in points allowed  UNDER

Bills offense o/u 14.5th in points scored UNDER

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5  OVER

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5  OVER

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5  OVER

• 7 months later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:22 PM, FireChans said:

Go on record!

Bills wins o/u 9.5 OVER (PROBABLY)

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5 OVER

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards OVER

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage UNDER

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks UNDER (WOOF)

Bills defense o/u 3.5th in points allowed  OVER

Bills offense o/u 14.5th in points scored UNDER

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5 DONT REMEMBER

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5 EASILY OVER

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5 TBD BUT LIKELY OVER

Hellllllllllllloo gang.

We are in the final Q of the season and here's where we stand!

How did we do so far?

Looks like everyone got hosed on the Oliver and Singletary ones so far.

• Awesome! (+1) 1