The Way Too Early Over Under Topic

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They wouldn't. Which is why it was a strange thing I asked about.

If only there was another number that might have made sense, that literally every other poster in the thread was able to deduce on their own.

Very well, I will edit the OP and humor you.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If only there was another number that might have made sense, that literally every other poster in the thread was able to deduce on their own.

Very well, I will edit the OP and humor you.

Nope, there were others who made comments about it too.

• Haha (+1) 1

Why are so many taking "under" for JA TDs?

This list Is kind of bogus:

Allen had 29 TDs last year (O/U is only 30.5)

Singletary had nearly 1000 yards last year (and hardly played), Diggs had 1100 last year and over 1000 the year before.

They will all hit those numbers because they really aren't that tough to beat.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Nope, there were others who made comments about it too.

I didn’t see anyone not figure it out it meant ranking. But like I said, for those of you who found defense o/u 3.5 in points allowed terribly confusing, I edited the OP.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Singletary had nearly 1000 yards last year (and hardly played), Diggs had 1100 last year and over 1000 the year before.

I expect Allen to not have as many rushing TD's this year due to having more options to pass the ball and not needing to scramble as much. I expect about 30 TD's total for him with only 4 or 5 of them rushing TD's, so just slightly under the 30.5.

Singletary might be part of a committee. Moss might take a lot of snaps, but I still took the over. Diggs is in a new system, but yeah, I expect him to get more than 1000.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because Josh had 7 more rushing TD’s than our RB’s each individually. I see his rushing TD’s dropping.

Fair point about Singletary actually, I didn’t realize he had 200 yards recieving. I probably should have just done rushing total.

Diggs well, we’ll see. We can revisit the topic next year and see what was what. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn’t see anyone not figure it out it meant ranking. But like I said, for those of you who found defense o/u 3.5 in points allowed terribly confusing, I edited the OP.

You seem stressed.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bills wins o/u 9.5 - OVER

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5 - UNDER

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards - UNDER

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage - OVER (edited same day - originally thought it was rushing yards)

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks - OVER

Bills defense o/u 3.5 in points allowed - UNDER

Bills offense o/u 14.5 in points scored - OVER

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5 - OVER

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5 - OVER

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5 - OVER

Just for anyone keeping score, Gugny edited all these at the conclusion of the 2020 season.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

16-0 reg season

19-0 full season 

That’s the expectation going forward.  Don’t care about the score or stats so long as the players are happy with their contributions 

What if we win the Superbowl but one of the players isn't happy with his contribution?

57 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Because Josh had 7 more rushing TD’s than our RB’s each individually. I see his rushing TD’s dropping.

Fair point about Singletary actually, I didn’t realize he had 200 yards recieving. I probably should have just done rushing total.

Diggs well, we’ll see. We can revisit the topic next year and see what was what. 

If JA's passing TDs' don't rise as equally as his rushing TDs drop, something vey bad happened.  He only had 20 passing TDs...

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

I expect Allen to not have as many rushing TD's this year due to having more options to pass the ball and not needing to scramble as much. I expect about 30 TD's total for him with only 4 or 5 of them rushing TD's, so just slightly under the 30.5.

Singletary might be part of a committee. Moss might take a lot of snaps, but I still took the over. Diggs is in a new system, but yeah, I expect him to get more than 1000.

See above.  If he only has 25-26 passing TDs the Offense will have the same scoring difficulties.  This team was top 8 in rushing yards, 18th in TDs.

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

What if we win the Superbowl but one of the players isn't happy with his contribution?

They wouldn't be because they all trust the process and the subsequent culture ?

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Go on record!

Bills wins o/u 9.5

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks

Bills defense o/u 3.5th in points allowed

Bills offense o/u 14.5th in points scored

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5

I'll take the ovaries across the board.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If JA's passing TDs' don't rise as equally as his rushing TDs drop, something vey bad happened.  He only had 20 passing TDs...

See above.  If he only has 25-26 passing TDs the Offense will have the same scoring difficulties.  This team was top 8 in rushing yards, 18th in TDs.

If he passes for 26 TD's that would have made him top 10 last year. Aaron Rodgers threw for 26 TD's and had 13 wins. Rodgers had one rushing TD. I am failing to see what you are talking about.

41 minutes ago, MJS said:

If he passes for 26 TD's that would have made him top 10 last year. Aaron Rodgers threw for 26 TD's and had 13 wins. Rodgers had one rushing TD. I am failing to see what you are talking about.

25-26 TDs by JA will not get them to 13 wins.

The FO didn't just go all in on Offense for 5 more passing TDs over 16 games.  You don't fail to see that, I think....

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Go on record!

Bills wins o/u 9.5

Josh Allen Total TDs o/u 30.5

Stefon Diggs o/u 1000.5 yards

Devin Singletary o/u 1000.5 yards from scrimmage

Ed Oliver o/u 6.5 sacks

Bills defense o/u 3.5th in points allowed

Bills offense o/u 14.5th in points scored

McD challenges lost o/u 3.5

Shots of Brian Daboll rubbing his head o/u 5.5

Bills divisional wins o/u 4.5

over 9.5 wins

under 30 JA TD’s

Over Diggs 1k

under Singletary 1k

Oliver BARELY over 6.5

Bills D over 3.5 (6/7th) (Team) total points allowed 

Bills O over 14.5 (10th) (Team) points scored

McD challenges WAY over 3.5 lost

Division wins =4

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

25-26 TDs by JA will not get them to 13 wins.

The FO didn't just go all in on Offense for 5 more passing TDs over 16 games.  You don't fail to see that, I think....

So you think Josh Allen needs to be better than Aaron Rodgers? I don't get it.

The extra points will come from the running backs, special teams, and hopefully the defense (who didn't get many if any scores), and yeah, some from Josh Allen too.

If we want to get to 23 points per game, which would make our team average, we only have to score 4 more points per game. Obviously we want to be better than that, but I don't expect our offense to be much better than average this year. So that's about 9 more TD's over the course of the season. Half from Josh to get him to about 30 and half from the running backs and other areas of the team. That's doable and that would make our team average scorers.

Yeah, if we want our offense to be top 10 this year, something I don't know is super realistic, then Josh may have to account for more than 30 TD's. But top ten only means 24.5 points per game, so another 3.5 TD's over the season.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Can’t see the over in wins w the under on Allen TDs personally

Aaron Rodgers accounted for less than 30 TD's and his team got 13 wins. Jimmy G had 29 and his team went to the super bowl. Pat Mahomes had 28 total TD's and he WON the Superbowl.

I really don't get it. If Allen gets more than 30 TD's he's in elite company.

30 minutes ago, MJS said:

The extra points will come from the running backs, special teams, and hopefully the defense (who didn't get many if any scores), and yeah, some from Josh Allen too.

If we want to get to 23 points per game, which would make our team average, we only have to score 4 more points per game. Obviously we want to be better than that, but I don't expect our offense to be much better than average this year. So that's about 9 more TD's over the course of the season. Half from Josh to get him to about 30 and half from the running backs and other areas of the team. That's doable and that would make our team average scorers.

Yeah, if we want our offense to be top 10 this year, something I don't know is super realistic, then Josh may have to account for more than 30 TD's. But top ten only means 24.5 points per game, so another 3.5 TD's over the season.

Aaron Rodgers accounted for less than 30 TD's and his team got 13 wins. Jimmy G had 29 and his team went to the super bowl. Pat Mahomes had 28 total TD's and he WON the Superbowl.

I don’t think folks realize that big gaudy TD numbers are kinda down around the league these last few years. The Vikings had the 8th best offense in points scored and Cousins had 27 TD’s. The rest of his team had 18 on the ground. Which also means that Diggs having 6 TD’s, the same as John Brown, may not be a huge additive portion as well.

In 2017, 30 TD’s would have been at the top of the NFL, 6th or better. 30 TD’s has been consistently top 12 to top 8 in total TD’s across the season. Josh doesn’t have to have 40 TD’s for us to have a good offense, although it would certainly help. 

What matters more more is the number of red zone trips and sustained drives. We need to get close more. The TD’s and points will come from there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think folks realize that big gaudy TD numbers are kinda down around the league these last few years. The Vikings had the 8th best offense in points scored and Cousins had 27 TD’s. The rest of his team had 18 on the ground. Which also means that Diggs having 6 TD’s, the same as John Brown, may not be a huge additive portion as well.

In 2017, 30 TD’s would have been at the top of the NFL, 6th or better. 30 TD’s has been consistently top 12 to top 8 in total TD’s across the season. Josh doesn’t have to have 40 TD’s for us to have a good offense, although it would certainly help. 

What matters more more is the number of red zone trips and sustained drives. We need to get close more. The TD’s and points will come from there.

Yeah, if people are expecting Allen to produce more than 30 TD's, that's unfair, I feel. I don't think he's at the point yet where he can be a top 5 QB, and that's what more than 30 TD's would make him.

But the real reason is fans unconsciously (or perhaps consciously) value a passing TD higher than a rushing TD. Since Josh scores a lot of rushing TD's they discount them. They'd rather he pass for 30 TD's and no rushing than 25 passing and 5 rushing. They expect more production than is reasonable, I think.

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

It’s more share of team TDs. Aaron Jones scored 16 TDs, Singletary and Gore combined for 4. 

Only Allen scores TDs for the Bills. If he doesn’t score 30+ we don’t win games. You realize the amount of close games we played this year when he scored 29 TDs? 10 one score games.