More comedy gold from Chris Collins

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Must be something about American humour. But to me this is as funny as mouldy cheese.

This is not American humor...this isn't humor period.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

My bad, I forgot everything labeled “comedy” is always funny...

Except for like the 80% of it that’s not... at all. But people who appreciate comedy/comedians also respect those for trying and realize the guts it takes to put yourself out there.

I mean I’m watching SNL and still trying to figure out what’s supposed to be funny about these Pete Davidson songs, and he’s a paid professional comedian... and it didn’t get funny until Adam Sandler came in.  Comedy show, yet often sketches fall flat... but it’s comedy, shouldn’t it be funnny!? 

Why can’t people just not be complete ***** #######s and refer to somebody’s hard work as an “abortion”, and rather try to give the kid some constructive criticism.  It’s way cooler to be mean, I totally get it.

I think we found Chris Colins' account...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It just wasn’t funny. Are they your videos? You seem very upset that people don’t like them

Nope, just on my soap box.  

I love comedy, and respect those for trying.

Never did I say I found it hilarious, but there were some things he can build on going forward.

I just don’t understand why people can’t be respectful of others while critiquing their work.  

Just a basic human decency issue...

Rather than crap all over it, why not just let it fade away into the obscurity of the inter webs?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I mean, people could just not comment rather than take a giant ***** on people with the balls to take creative/artistic choices while you spend quarantine stuffing your face with frozen pizzas and depleting the nations supply of Jergens and Kleenex...

It’s as if people now are raised with the principle “if you don’t have anything nice to say, make sure you really lay it on, just make them feel absolutely worthless. Make everybody a giant miserable turd like yourself”

1 hour ago, teef said:

listen...if you're going to put out something labeled as, "comedy", it better damn will be funny.  what we saw here was an abortion.  if i'm making videos and putting them out there, i'm strong enough to assume that i'm going to here some good, and usually more bad.  sack up.  they were terrible.

I'm trying to be responsible so I have moved back to Vasoline and a tube sock... need to save the Jergens for the Dr's hands after they chap from all the latex and powder in between all the handwashing. The Kleenex, well you know...

8 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Never did I say I found it hilarious, but there were some things he can build on going forward.

I just don’t understand why people can’t be respectful of others while critiquing their work.  

Rather than crap all over it, why not just let it fade away into the obscurity of the inter webs?  

Again, though most of the comments weren’t that harsh.  Take a look at this thread “more comedy gold from Chris Collins.”

I think the overall takeaway was that we didn’t find it to be that funny.  I think you are going a tad overboard.  You have not problem criticizing the Bills coaches or players but when it comes to watching videos labeled “comedy gold,” it’s rude to say it’s not funny?

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Again, though most of the comments weren’t that harsh.  Take a look at this thread “more comedy gold from Chris Collins.”

I think the overall takeaway was that we didn’t find it to be that funny.  I think you are going a tad overboard.  You have not problem criticizing the Bills coaches or players but when it comes to watching videos labeled “comedy gold,” it’s rude to say it’s not funny?

Bills coaches and players get paid obscene amounts of money. They are openly criticized by the media on a regular basis.

This is just a random dude putting himself out there. You’re right that the comments here weren’t that bad other than the “abortion” remark.  It just looked like people were starting to pile on, and I just jumped in before this turned into the YouTube comments section.

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm trying to be responsible so I have moved back to Vasoline and a tube sock... need to save the Jergens for the Dr's hands after they chap from all the latex and powder in between all the handwashing. The Kleenex, well you know...

Smart move. With oil being at negative right now Petroleum jelly should start dropping to all time lows. Overworked Fleshlights around the country collectively breath a sigh of relief.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Bills coaches and players get paid obscene amounts of money. They are openly criticized by the media on a regular basis.

This is just a random dude putting himself out there. You’re right that the comments here weren’t that bad other than the “abortion” remark.  It just looked like people were starting to pile on, and I just jumped in before this turned into the YouTube comments section.

Smart move. With oil being at negative right now Petroleum jelly should start dropping to all time lows. Overworked Fleshlights around the country collectively breath a sigh of relief.

I just hope I don't get raided for my stockpile of Vasoline and Socks, I'm not hoarding, I swear I'll burn through 20 cases a week:unsure:

I liked the videos. They weren't incredible or anything but good for a one time watch. I agree with Ridgeway that everyone is in a race to dump on something because they feel it props them up a bit. 

Edited by Needle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

My bad, I forgot everything labeled “comedy” is always funny...

Except for like the 80% of it that’s not... at all. But people who appreciate comedy/comedians also respect those for trying and realize the guts it takes to put yourself out there.

I mean I’m watching SNL and still trying to figure out what’s supposed to be funny about these Pete Davidson songs, and he’s a paid professional comedian... and it didn’t get funny until Adam Sandler came in.  Comedy show, yet often sketches fall flat... but it’s comedy, shouldn’t it be funnny!? 

Why can’t people just not be complete ***** #######s and refer to somebody’s hard work as an “abortion”, and rather try to give the kid some constructive criticism.  It’s way cooler to be mean, I totally get it.

This post is an abortion.   The sensitivity thing...it’s a bit much. Just some constructive criticism for you. 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

It just wasn’t funny. Are they your videos? You seem very upset that people don’t like them

Of course they are.  

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

This is a message board where people share opinions. 

Someone posted these videos and people, wait for it... gave their opinions. 

Just like about the draft, free agents, etc. it would be a boring world if we all felt exactly the same and liked and disliked all the same things. 

But it would be even more boring if we weren’t allowed to discuss why we don’t like/dislike something. 

Thats kind of the entire point of message boards and conversation, no? 

Fact is, if it was good I’d say so, IMO it wasn’t, so I said so. Some people said it in more of a comedic way. Kind of funny you’re all for someone expressing their comedy and getting on others for expressing themselves with their own brand. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This is a message board where people share opinions. 

Someone posted these videos and people, wait for it... gave their opinions. 

Just like about the draft, free agents, etc. it would be a boring world if we all felt exactly the same and liked and disliked all the same things. 

But it would be even more boring if we weren’t allowed to discuss why we don’t like/dislike something. 

Thats kind of the entire point of message boards and conversation, no? 

Fact is, if it was good I’d say so, IMO it wasn’t, so I said so. Some people said it in more of a comedic way. Kind of funny you’re all for someone expressing their comedy and getting on others for expressing themselves with their own brand. 

I honestly wasn’t going to respond to the thread or even watch the videos until I saw his response. He may not know it, but he’s the only reason this thread is amusing.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I thought they were good. Not anything to write home about, but decent.

No you didn’t. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

No you didn’t. 

I did. But my expectations were pretty low. Kind of like that live action Speed Racer movie. My expectations were so low that when I watched it I kinda liked it!

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I did. But my expectations were pretty low. Kind of like that live action Speed Racer movie. My expectations were so low that when I watched it I kinda liked it!

You are a good man. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

This post is an abortion.   The sensitivity thing...it’s a bit much. Just some constructive criticism for you. 

Of course they are.  

The point is clearly over your head.  But you’re obviously too cool for school so I digress.

Wouldn’t expect much more from a dude who spends all his time pining over one liners on a football message board under the guise of total anonymity...

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

The point is clearly over your head.  But you’re obviously too cool for school so I digress.

Wouldn’t expect much more from a dude who spends all his time pining over one liners on a football message board under the guise of total anonymity...

I got the point. I just enjoyed your tantrum. I found it amusing and just wanted to poke a bear with a stick. 

Isn’t it sad that more people find my one liners more amusing than some guy who spent hours to develop sub par videos?  It’s about working smart, not working hard. 

Edited by teef

3 minutes ago, teef said:

I got the point. I just enjoyed your tantrum. I found it amusing and just wanted to poke a bear with a stick. 

Isn’t it sad that more people find my one liners more amusing than some guy who spent hours to develop sub par videos?  It’s about working smart, not working hard. 

“Tantrum”, Nice way to try and trivialize a simple point being made. All I’m saying it’s a lot ***** cooler to be kind and not ***** on people for trying to do something.

If you don’t like it keep on moving instead of stoping to cop a squat in somebody’s Cheerios. 

But whatever, you’re clearly oozing elitist snark, so I doubt this zebra is changing its stripes any time soon.