More comedy gold from Chris Collins

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Must be something about American humour. But to me this is as funny as mouldy cheese.

What's the matter?  "Pining for the fjords", are you?  ?

I read the title, and couldn't believe Promo was flaunting the  rules by putting a political thread in TSW.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What's the matter?  "Pining for the fjords", are you?  ?

Look, strange woman laying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derived from the mandate of the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.  If I went around calling myself some sort of Emperor because some moistened bink lubbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away...

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Must be something about American humour. But to me this is as funny as mouldy cheese.

Yeah, that didn't move the needle for me, either.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Woah, woah, woah.... you just put an entire country into a comedy box like that?

The US is a big place, we’ve got more than enough varieties for everyone. 

As for me, the punch was the funniest part of the video. And even that didn’t make any part of my face move a smidge. 

I mean, people could just not comment rather than take a giant ***** on people with the balls to take creative/artistic choices while you spend quarantine stuffing your face with frozen pizzas and depleting the nations supply of Jergens and Kleenex...

It’s as if people now are raised with the principle “if you don’t have anything nice to say, make sure you really lay it on, just make them feel absolutely worthless. Make everybody a giant miserable turd like yourself”

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I mean, people could just not comment rather than take a giant ***** on people with the balls to take creative/artistic choices while you spend quarantine stuffing your face with frozen pizzas and depleting the nations supply of Jergens and Kleenex...

It’s as if people now are raised with the principle “if you don’t have anything nice to say, make sure you really lay it on, just make them feel absolutely worthless. Make everybody a giant miserable turd like yourself”

We just said it wasn’t funny.  I don’t think that’s making anyone feel worthless

4 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

listen...if you're going to put out something labeled as, "comedy", it better damn will be funny.  what we saw here was an abortion.  if i'm making videos and putting them out there, i'm strong enough to assume that i'm going to here some good, and usually more bad.  sack up.  they were terrible.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

listen...if you're going to put out something labeled as, "comedy", it better damn will be funny.  what we saw here was an abortion.  if i'm making videos and putting them out there, i'm strong enough to assume that i'm going to here some good, and usually more bad.  sack up.  they were terrible.

To be fair, the thread title was “Comedy Gold!”

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, teef said:

My bad, I forgot everything labeled “comedy” is always funny...

Except for like the 80% of it that’s not... at all. But people who appreciate comedy/comedians also respect those for trying and realize the guts it takes to put yourself out there.

I mean I’m watching SNL and still trying to figure out what’s supposed to be funny about these Pete Davidson songs, and he’s a paid professional comedian... and it didn’t get funny until Adam Sandler came in.  Comedy show, yet often sketches fall flat... but it’s comedy, shouldn’t it be funnny!? 

Why can’t people just not be complete ***** #######s and refer to somebody’s hard work as an “abortion”, and rather try to give the kid some constructive criticism.  It’s way cooler to be mean, I totally get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest problem is there's 30-45 seconds of material in a 2 minute video. I did like the shot of ranch dressing in the first one. Put three times as many jokes in each video, and don't stand on every punch line going, "Ta Daaa!" 

12 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

My bad, I forgot everything labeled “comedy” is always funny...

Except for like the 80% of it that’s not... at all. But people who appreciate comedy/comedians also respect those for trying and realize the guts it takes to put yourself out there.

I mean I’m watching SNL and still trying to figure out what’s supposed to be funny about these Pete Davidson songs, and he’s a paid professional comedian... and it didn’t get funny until Adam Sandler came in.  Comedy show, yet often sketches fall flat... but it’s comedy, shouldn’t it be funnny!? 

Why can’t people just not be complete ***** #######s and refer to somebody’s hard work as an “abortion”, and rather try to give the kid some constructive criticism.  It’s way cooler to be mean, I totally get it.

It just wasn’t funny. Are they your videos? You seem very upset that people don’t like them