NFL.com moved us up 2 spots in power ranking after draft. Now #6

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

I member.  I dont see any weapons that scare me on offense; Ben does not scare me.  Last year that game was a comedy of errors on offense (check out the cover 1 break down below).  Beasley not only doesnt catch a 3rd and long; it turns into a turnover.  Brown alligator armed a pretty important 2nd and long.  Singletary fumbles twice (that was more Steeler D, but fumbles do have a slightly random nature).  Also that was when Frank Gore running no where was really frustrating (15 yards on 10 attempts).  

Never said theyll be worse but I do think Cleveland will be better, and really I dont think the 3rd place spot the Jets (Browns and Colts) have will be much worse than our 2nd place spot (Steelers and Titans).  

Definitely worth noting.  

All AFCE teams play the same schedule sans:

Bills get Titans/Steelers

Jets get Browns/Colts

Pats get Texans/Ravens

Going into the season, I honestly don’t know which tandem of games is the more difficult of the group.  

If forced to guess, I’d say the Jets have the easier of the 3, but Cleveland has a ton of talent and the Colts roster, depending on what Rivers has left, is really strong.   Both teams should be better than the Jets. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, NewEra said:

I rarely argue about stuff that is make believe.  Discussing whether or not Jackson is a SB QB is make believe at this point.  Yes, I think he’ll win one before he’s done.  No, I will not argue about it.  Why? Because I THINK HE IS AND I CAN'T DEFEND IT.

ftfy

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

ftfy

I think he can be.  100%.  I don’t think being a super bowl winning qb is all about the QB.  It’s about the situation.  The coaching staff.  The scheme.  

Nick Foles when toe to toe with Brady & Belichick and came out victorious is a shootout.  

I think lamar landed in the perfect spot in Baltimore.  Great culture and the perfect OC.  Greg romans scheme + Lamar = tough to stop.  A scheme that came within a play of winning a super bowl with colin kaepernick.  

I think their team was really good, lost Yanda (and that’s about it) while gaining Campbell and Derek Wolfe while having what was imo, the best draft.  Again.  

Baltimore has a stud GM to build the perfect storm around Jackson.

so yes. I think lamar Jackson will win a super bowl.  Not because I think he’s the best qb ever, or even great.  But because I believe in what they do in Baltimore.  I see what they’re building and it’s impressive.  If you don’t think the same, cheers ? 

On 4/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, SCBills said:

Oh, I do, and heads will roll if it doesn’t happen.  

OL with a year of continuity.  Josh Allen now in Year 3.  With the addition of Diggs, one of the better WR units in the NFL.  Zack Moss replacing Frank Gore.  

That equals, at least, 6-7 ppg for me. 

Does going from an historically easy schedule to one which is likely to be more difficult, have any impact on your  scoring expectations? 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think he can be.  100%.  I don’t think being a super bowl winning qb is all about the QB.  It’s about the situation.  The coaching staff.  The scheme.  

Nick Foles when toe to toe with Brady & Belichick and came out victorious is a shootout.  

I think lamar landed in the perfect spot in Baltimore.  Great culture and the perfect OC.  Greg romans scheme + Lamar = tough to stop.  A scheme that came within a play of winning a super bowl with colin kaepernick.  

I think their team was really good, lost Yanda (and that’s about it) while gaining Campbell and Derek Wolfe while having what was imo, the best draft.  Again.  

Baltimore has a stud GM to build the perfect storm around Jackson.

so yes. I think lamar Jackson will win a super bowl.  Not because I think he’s the best qb ever, or even great.  But because I believe in what they do in Baltimore.  I see what they’re building and it’s impressive.  If you don’t think the same, cheers ? 

They have struggled in the post season two years in a row, though. We'll have to see if they adjust.

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You keep believing the Lamar hype.

I'll keep waiting until he proves he can win a game on his own.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have won games on their own.  

Lol. I missed this little treasure.  I should make this my sig.

what are you waiting for FIRECHANS?  I’m waiting for Lamar Jackson to win a game on his own.  Brady and Peyton did.  

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

why are you waiting for that?  What would that prove to you?  This is awesome

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

They have struggled in the post season two years in a row, though. We'll have to see if they adjust.

No doubt.  they struggled in the playoffs. 

It was the kids first 2 years in the league.  Ffs.

It happens.  Look at their offseason.  They get more and more stacked every year.  

Lamar does have a big obstacle in Mahomes, who seems destined for more than a couple more Super Bowls.  I think they win it the year the chiefs pay Mahomes and Jackson is still on his rookie scale.  

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Does going from an historically easy schedule to one which is likely to be more difficult, have any impact on your  scoring expectations? 

Not really - we faced tough defenses last year.   Especially down the stretch with NE, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.  Broncos and Titans had good defenses.  We also threw away a game final week of the season.  

I don’t think it can be discounted how much experience and the addition of Diggs and Moss means to the Offense.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Not really - we faced tough defenses last year.   Especially down the stretch with NE, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.  Broncos and Titans had good defenses.  We also threw away a game final week of the season.  

I don’t think it can be discounted how much experience and the addition of Diggs and Moss means to the Offense.  

6pt a game improvement is huge to expect though

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

6pt a game improvement is huge to expect though

I think Beane and our coaches are expecting that increase.  Unless our defense is so dominant that we get up 20-3 on teams and it’s game over, I can’t imagine any scenario where they’re ok with not making that jump. 

Edited by SCBills