NFL.com moved us up 2 spots in power ranking after draft. Now #6

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I am looking at our schedule and I just don’t see 10+ wins.

Maybe we go 6-0 in our division. I am not guaranteeing that. I could see 5-1 or 4-2.

NFC West - 2-2 at best

AFC West - 3-1 or 2-2

Tennessee and Pitt - 1-1

I think 9 wins is extremely possible this year, which may not be enough.

You can see whatever you want to see.

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think we don’t make the playoffs unless we win the division. Luckily, the division is up for grabs and we should win it easily if we are as good as we say we are.

But Brady gone doesn’t mean we are guaranteed 6 wins. We have swept the Jets once in the last 10 years or so. Pats1 last year, Brady played his worst game of the year and we still lost. 

Win the division and we have nothing to fear. Don’t win the division and suddenly we are competing with a couple other good teams and we’re facing the Chiefs/Rams/Titans/Seahawks/49ers. 

It’s taking me a bit to come around to the fact that, now, those teams also have to face US.  

I won’t truly buy in until I see Josh Allen has made the progression into being, at least, an adequate Franchise QB.  However, I look at our roster and can’t deny how talented, deep and well coached, this team is.  

Chiefs will be tough, but those other 4, I think we have a great shot at beating, as long as Allen makes the expected jump with the new weaponry around him.  

Even a modest jump from Allen should get us from 20 ppg to about 26 ppg.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It’s taking me a bit to come around to the fact that, now, those teams also have to face US.  

I won’t truly buy in until I see Josh Allen has made the progression into being, at least, an adequate Franchise QB.  However, I look at our roster and can’t deny how talented, deep and well coached, this team is.  

Chiefs will be tough, but those other 4, I think we have a great shot at beating, as long as Allen makes even a modest jump with the new weaponry around him.  

I keep thinking about all of the top defenses we faced last year. Many of the top teams are there more because of their offense than defense. Those team don't scare me because I think our defense can slow them down. If our offense consistently puts points up, it's game over for many teams we'll face.  The real question is can we score better against those top defenses?  I really think our defense matches up well against the Chiefs offense and I think our offense can perform like it did against Dallas when playing the Chiefs. Maybe even better.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

You can see whatever you want to see.

You’re welcome to disagree. I don’t have a crystal ball. 

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs will be tough, but those other 4, I think we have a great shot at beating, as long as Allen makes the expected jump with the new weaponry around him.  

Even a modest jump from Allen should get us from 20 ppg to about 26 ppg.  

Well, yeah they have to play us. I’m hopeful we beat some of them as well. 

I don’t know if we hit 26 ppg a game either, I don’t see a 15 TD difference between this year and last years offense.

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Here's hoping they move us back to #32. I feel like nothing good happens when the National Media gets on the Bills bandwagon! ;)

You could be right, but it's been so many years since that happened that I can't remember if it was a problem..

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t know if we hit 26 ppg a game either, I don’t see a 15 TD difference between this year and last years offense.

Oh, I do, and heads will roll if it doesn’t happen.  

OL with a year of continuity.  Josh Allen now in Year 3.  With the addition of Diggs, one of the better WR units in the NFL.  Zack Moss replacing Frank Gore.  

That equals, at least, 6-7 ppg for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It sounds like you DO have a crystal ball.

I suggest we wait and see what the offense can do. Seasons never turn out as expected. There will be teams we thought would be bad, but turn out good, and there will be teams we thought would be good that turn out bad. Plus, key injuries always play a part in changing the fates of teams.

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I am not so sure about Steelers.  What does Ben have left in the tank....?  I think the Browns are gonna be better than them this year.  Colts look good although I'll admit that the Titans are better.  So I agree with the assertion that there is not much difference between the 2nd and 3rd slots.  Hell Pats might have it easier than both with the Texans.

I agree with all of this.

Steelers - they are no good on the road, Ben doesn't have much IF anything

Browns - will be better, but, in a tough division, 1st year HC, 9-7 would be a good year

Colts - I don't get all the hype, once again good, but, 9-7

Titans - Meh, decent, 9-7

Pats* - BB will pull out 9-7 or better

KC and Baltimore 1 & 2.  If we take care of business on the road and in our division and get to 10-6 I think we get the 3 seed.  We need to finish above the Pats*.  11-5 will get it done this year and 10-6 might.

I like our chances.  And, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore most likely won't all finish 9-7 or better.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

It sounds like you DO have a crystal ball.

I suggest we wait and see what the offense can do. Seasons never turn out as expected. There will be teams we thought would be bad, but turn out good, and there will be teams we thought would be good that turn out bad. Plus, key injuries always play a part in changing the fates of teams.

Why because I made a prediction? I hope you’re mad at people who gave the Bills draft grades, because they don’t know how good everyone is going to be!

You’re welcome to not make a prediction. I’m certainly not forcing you to make one. I made mine and I stand by it. You’re welcome to disagree and discuss it, or disagree and not discuss it. I don’t really care.

8 minutes ago, Manther said:

I agree with all of this.

Steelers - they are no good on the road, Ben doesn't have much IF anything

Browns - will be better, but, in a tough division, 1st year HC, 9-7 would be a good year

Colts - I don't get all the hype, once again good, but, 9-7

Titans - Meh, decent, 9-7

Pats* - BB will pull out 9-7 or better

KC and Baltimore 1 & 2.  If we take care of business on the road and in our division and get to 10-6 I think we get the 3 seed.  We need to finish above the Pats*.  11-5 will get it done this year and 10-6 might.

I like our chances.  And, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore most likely won't all finish 9-7 or better.

Go Bills!

If the Pats win 10 games, I may never stop drinking.

Edited by FireChans

Why because I made a prediction? I hope you’re mad at people who gave the Bills draft grades, because they don’t know how good everyone is going to be!

You’re welcome to not make a prediction. I’m certainly not forcing you to make one. I made mine and I stand by it. You’re welcome to disagree and discuss it, or disagree and not discuss it. I don’t really care.

I'm disagreeing with your prediction and discussing it. Is that a problem? Who is mad?

6 points per game, 96 points extra for the season.

The Bills recorded one touchdown outside of their offense last year. Zero defensive scores. One special teams touchdown. Well below league average in non-offensive TDs, which is pretty surprising but for the fact that randomness probably plays a big role in these specific stats.

if the Bills could get closer to league average in these areas next year, 11ish extra offensive TDs would get you that extra 6 ppg.

playcalling will be important too; with more weapons/confidence in the offense, perhaps the Bills won’t revert to their “play-not-to-lose” mentality that often snuck up on them when leading at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Lamar has a great defenses and he faced defenses that were scared of him and over perused him.

Buffalo had him contained in all but 1 blown play and the 2 playoff games he was completely shut down.  

He is a running QB with a fair passing game.  If it were on his shoulders alone he'd fail 

Fair passing game? He was statistically better in every category than Allen. His QB rating was 113 with 36 TD against only 6 INT. 

What would you call an above average passing game? 

8 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I am not so sure about Steelers.  What does Ben have left in the tank....?  I think the Browns are gonna be better than them this year.  Colts look good although I'll admit that the Titans are better.  So I agree with the assertion that there is not much difference between the 2nd and 3rd slots.  Hell Pats might have it easier than both with the Texans.

Do you not remember the Steelers defense? Predatory. I don't think they will be worse than last year. 

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

What are you even talking about?  Name ONE QB that that has one a SB on his own.  Please, enlighten us.   

lamar jackson has played 2 seasons.  He made the playoffs both years.  In the first year, his team was weak.  They made the playoffs because of lamar.  

last year, his team was better.  He was mvp.  Easily the best player in the league through the regular season.  We played him well.  We stifled him. And he still beat us.  

you can say w/e you like regarding the future.  No one is listening.  You can’t see the future

Oh how I hate to say it ..   Tom Brady.

ummm   The ghost of himself Peyton Manning

DEFENSE dude.  No Lamar.  

Best player  again LMAO

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

19 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I like that ranking to be real, but, I just don't know yet.  We will see.  The Bills had an easy schedule last year....and won't this year.  Second place  schedule much harder than a fourth place schedule.

The schedule this year will be harder (at least on paper) because of the divisions the AFCE plays this year.  It isn't because the Bills have a 2nd place schedule vs a 4th place version.  That accounts for all of 2 games (they face last years 2nd place finishers from the 2 AFC divisions they aren't scheduled to play all 4 teams), but they also get 2 games vs the Fish that the Fish don't get to play.

Plus, the Bills had a 3rd place schedule last year; not a 4th place schedule.  They were 3rd in the AFCE in '18.

10 hours ago, foreboding said:

Do you not remember the Steelers defense? Predatory. I don't think they will be worse than last year. 

I member.  I dont see any weapons that scare me on offense; Ben does not scare me.  Last year that game was a comedy of errors on offense (check out the cover 1 break down below).  Beasley not only doesnt catch a 3rd and long; it turns into a turnover.  Brown alligator armed a pretty important 2nd and long.  Singletary fumbles twice (that was more Steeler D, but fumbles do have a slightly random nature).  Also that was when Frank Gore running no where was really frustrating (15 yards on 10 attempts).  

Never said theyll be worse but I do think Cleveland will be better, and really I dont think the 3rd place spot the Jets (Browns and Colts) have will be much worse than our 2nd place spot (Steelers and Titans).  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Oh how I hate to say it ..   Tom Brady.

ummm   The ghost of himself Peyton Manning

DEFENSE dude.  No Lamar.  

Best player  again LMAO

You just said Tom Brady and Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl on their own?  And you believe this to be true?

In Jacksons rookie year, the team was free falling, losing 4 out of 5 games, then Lamar was inserted into the starting lineup, where they won 6 out of 7, only loss coming to KC in OT.  And the defense is the reason they made the playoffs?  The d was good.  Lamar was the reason they made the playoffs.  

lamar was MVP.  He was the best player during the 2019 season.   Their D was very good.  Not sure why anyone would LMAO @ that unless they’re just trolling.  

You can hate on Lamar all you want.  Doesn’t make what you say true

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He sin't in the same league as Mahomes, or Brees, or R Wilson, or D Watson.

One blown play cost the Bills their matchup and gave them the go ahead TD.  

So what?  What does that have to do which Lamar jacksons 2019 mvp season?  One of the better teams (the Bills) lost to the ravens because of one blown play (a TD pass thrown by Lamar jackson).  

What does that mean??  That means that Lamar shouldn’t have won MVP?  That means Lamar sucks? What does it mean?