NFL.com moved us up 2 spots in power ranking after draft. Now #6

I know off season power rankings mean nothing, but still good to see our front office getting the respect it deserves.

Previous rank: No. 8 

The Bills' draft was a productive one before it began, thanks to the four-pick package that became trade acquisition Stefon Diggs. Buffalo then addressed an area of need with second-round pick A.J. Epenesa, a powerful and versatile defensive lineman who will help mitigate the loss of Shaq Lawson. Third-round pick Zack Moss brings some fresh legs to the backfield and Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm -- who took a surprise fall to the fifth round -- gives Buffalo a compelling prospect whose passing skill set greatly contrasts with starter Josh Allen. It's impossible to look at Buffalo's roster and not see it as the strongest in the AFC East -- by a substantial margin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111841/article/nfl-power-rankings-cowboys-get-major-boost-from-2020-draft

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I like that ranking to be real, but, I just don't know yet.  We will see.  The Bills had an easy schedule last year....and won't this year.  Second place  schedule much harder than a fourth place schedule.

Is it really? I mean there are only 2 teams that are different from the 4th place schedule and regardless we have no idea who are going to be surprise teams and what teams will take a step back.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Here's hoping they move us back to #32. I feel like nothing good when happens when National Media gets on the Bills bandwagon! ;)

They won't be able to avoid it this year. Many of the "experts" have them as the favorite to win the division. My guess is when the schedule comes out they will get two primetime games as well as be the national game on Sunday afternoon quite often.

To me it's confirmation bias. 

I truly believe this is a Superbowl roster.

Loved the Diggs trade , 2 rookie WR with high ceilings and upgraded our DL more than ppl are saying , they were weakest unit on defense.

Great draft

Also Joseph the 4th Rd LB from Florida is basically a rookie too! 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I like that ranking to be real, but, I just don't know yet.  We will see.  The Bills had an easy schedule last year....and won't this year.  Second place  schedule much harder than a fourth place schedule.

Agreed, we had a really easy schedule last year and also got lucky that we faced a few backup QBs along the way (Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, Brandon Allen, Duck Hodges) which all resulted in wins. I think we will have our hands full all season in 2020.

6 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Agreed, we had a really easy schedule last year and also got lucky that we faced a few backup QBs along the way (Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota, Brandon Allen, Duck Hodges) which all resulted in wins. I think we will have our hands full all season in 2020.

The games should be exciting. Can't wait.

• Like (+1) 3

Wow, I'm surprised they had us at 8 to begin with. I'd probably rank the following teams ahead of us:

- Chiefs

- 49ers

- Ravens

- Saints

- Packers

- Seahawks

- Eagles (They killed us in the regular season)

- Texans (Although that shouldn't last long, but they did just beat us in the playoffs)

So that would put the Bills at 9th. Could definitely entertain moving the Bills above the Eagles and Texans, but given our recent losses to them I'm not quite ready to do that.

7 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Just to clarify the schedule differences with our division opponents:

Bills:  Steelers, Titans

Pats: Ravens, Texans

Fish: Bengals, Jags

Jets: Browns, Colts

Wow. Chock up two automatic wins for the Dolphins. Unless the Bengals start Burrow and he is sensational.

Edited by MJS

25 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Just to clarify the schedule differences with our division opponents:

The fish have the easiest obviously, but otherwise I don't see a huge difference between the other 3.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know off season power rankings mean nothing, but still good to see our front office getting the respect it deserves.

Previous rank: No. 8 

The Bills' draft was a productive one before it began, thanks to the four-pick package that became trade acquisition Stefon Diggs. Buffalo then addressed an area of need with second-round pick A.J. Epenesa, a powerful and versatile defensive lineman who will help mitigate the loss of Shaq Lawson. Third-round pick Zack Moss brings some fresh legs to the backfield and Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm -- who took a surprise fall to the fifth round -- gives Buffalo a compelling prospect whose passing skill set greatly contrasts with starter Josh Allen. It's impossible to look at Buffalo's roster and not see it as the strongest in the AFC East -- by a substantial margin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111841/article/nfl-power-rankings-cowboys-get-major-boost-from-2020-draft

Patriots 15th  BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

To me it's confirmation bias. 

I truly believe this is a Superbowl roster.

Loved the Diggs trade , 2 rookie WR with high ceilings and upgraded our DL more than ppl are saying , they were weakest unit on defense.

Great draft

Also Joseph the 4th Rd LB from Florida is basically a rookie too! 

It’s a super bowl roster.  Is our QB a super bowl Qb yet?  

that is the question that we all eagerly await the answer 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, I'm surprised they had us at 8 to begin with. I'd probably rank the following teams ahead of us:

So that would put the Bills at 9th. Could definitely entertain moving the Bills above the Eagles and Texans, but given our recent losses to them I'm not quite ready to do that.

...in overtime, in their house... BEFORE they traded away D Hop for a bag of potato chips...

The Bills are clearly better than the Texans now by any fair expectation.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, NewEra said:

It’s a super bowl roster.  Is our QB a super bowl Qb yet?  

that is the question that we all eagerly await the answer 

Was Trent Dilfer a super bowl QB, or Jeff Hostetler? 

Hell, I'll argue that the pumped up Lamar Jackson is not a super bowl QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Was Trent Dilfer a super bowl QB, or Jeff Hostetler? 

Hell, I'll argue that the pumped up Lamar Jackson is not a super bowl QB.

Yeah.  Dilfer and Hostetler were both super bowl QBs. They won Super Bowls.  Were they the reasons their teams won the SB? No.  But they didn’t lose the SB for their teams.  QBs have lost many a SB based on their play.  I’m not saying Josh lost the Houston playoff game for us, but his play in the 2nd half was poor and he made some bad decisions.  If he was a super bowl qb last year, we would’ve won that game.

You don’t find out if someone is a super bowl qb until the season is over. It’s definitely not something you can find out the answer to in April.

edit:  You’ll argue that Lamar isn’t a SB QB because he isn’t one.  Yet.  

I rarely argue about stuff that is make believe.  Discussing whether or not Jackson is a SB QB is make believe at this point.  Yes, I think he’ll win one before he’s done.  No, I will not argue about it.  Why? Because it’s stupid 

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Here's hoping they move us back to #32. I feel like nothing good happens when the National Media gets on the Bills bandwagon! ;)

Yes brother, but the old days are behind us. Our team, leadership, on down, expect to win.

We will win many close games, our coach will not be manhandled and he will put our players in a position to win against any team. 

It feels good and the schedule does not scare me.

We got good players, good coaches, we will get it done.

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The fish have the easiest obviously, but otherwise I don't see a huge difference between the other 3.   

Really? Browns Colts vs Steelers and Titans? HUGE difference. Titans, AFC championship game and Steelers get Ben back and that defense is a brutal monster. I think we will win both, but wayyyy harder.

57 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Eli and Mariota only became backups AFTER we played them.  Would facing Daniel Jones and Tannehill for the 50th time really make that much of a difference??

• Like (+1) 1

Who cares about preseason rankings and all that nonsense, but when was the last time the Bills were rated as high as #6 at anything other than "team most likely to fire their coach mid-season?"

Exciting times.

• Haha (+1) 1