Post Your Re-Draft

ngbills

No trades, just who would you pick if the draft fell the way it did. 

2 - DE Epenesa - Options: RB Dobbins, WR's Jefferson/Mims, LB/DE Uche/Okwara

3 - RB Moss - Options: CB Dantzler, DE Greenard

4 - WR Davis - Options: LB Quarterman, WR AGG/T Johnson, C Biadasz, CB Hall

5 - QB Fromm - Options: DT Murchison, DE Anae, G Muti, S Gilman, WR Peoples-Jones, 

6 - K Bass - Options: OT Runyan, LB Weaver, S Brooks/Fuller/Metellus

6 - WR Hodgins - Options: OT Wanogho, WR Hill, RB Benjamin, DE Willekes

7 - CB Jackson - Options: UDFA (CB Guidry, LB Divinity, TE Breeland, CB Bassey, TE Bryant, OT Adams, DE Coe, TE Moss)

2 - DE Epenesa - Options: RB Dobbins, WR's Jefferson/Mims, LB/DE Uche/Okwara no change

3 - RB Moss - Options: CB Dantzler, DE Greenard no change

4 - WR Davis - Options: LB Quarterman, WR AGG/T Johnson, C Biadasz, CB Hall 

5 - QB Fromm - Options: DT Murchison, DE Anae, G Muti, S Gilman, WR Peoples-Jones, no change - was thinking of getting him in the 4th round itself

6 - K Bass - Options: OT Runyan, LB Weaver, S Brooks/Fuller/Metellus no change - was not aware of Bass at all - but I like what I have read

6 - WR Hodgins - Options: OT Wanogho, WR Hill, RB Benjamin, DE Willekes - actually it was a toss up between Wanogho and Trey Adams - glad we got the latter as an UDFA

7 - CB Jackson - Options: UDFA (CB Guidry, LB Divinity, TE Breeland, CB Bassey, TE Bryant, OT Adams, DE Coe, TE Moss) no change

The only thing I’d be curious about is what it would have looked like if they took Dobbins in the 2nd and an Edge in the 3rd.

I’m glad they went Epenesa/Moss, mind you. Quality Edge players are of higher importance than committee running backs. 

Still, I can’t help but wonder how things would’ve gone if they’d flipped it and gone, say, Dobbins and Zuniga instead.

• Like (+1) 2

The only one I might have changed is Gabe Davis for Tyler Biadasz actually who if he can stay healthy is gonna be a beast for the Cowboys. I'd have probably taken Davis (because I do really like that pick) and then tried to package my 5th and my first 6th (so Fromm and Bass) to get back up for Biadasz who went with the final pick of the round.

I love Anae as well but I'm not sure he was a pure fit for the Bills scheme sadly (lacks the arm length McDermott likes). I might have drafted him anyway over Fromm... but I am nit picking. I thought it was a good draft. They did a nice job.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with this draft.

Yes, I really liked Josh Uche, and I think McDermott & Frazier could have worked wonders with him, but I'm fine with Epenesa.

I wanted two WR's, and we got two. I would have loved Michael Pittman, Donovan Peoples-Jones or James Proche, but i'm not crying about it. I do like Gabriel Davis, and Isaiah Hodgins is a good under the radar pick.

With the wonderful benefit of hindsight, I'd go:

54: AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa

86: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State 

128: Troy Dye, LB, Oregon 

167: Jason Huntley, RB, New Mexico State

188: Tyler Bass, K, Georgia Southern 

207: Isaiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State

239: Tyrie Cleveland, WR, Florida 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

2 - DE Epenesa - Options: RB Dobbins, WR's Jefferson/Mims, LB/DE Uche/Okwara no change

3 - RB Moss - Options: CB Dantzler, DE Greenard no change

4 - WR Davis - Options: LB Quarterman, WR AGG/T Johnson, C Biadasz, CB Hall 

5 - QB Fromm - Options: DT Murchison, DE Anae, G Muti, S Gilman, WR Peoples-Jones, no change - was thinking of getting him in the 4th round itself

6 - K Bass - Options: OT Runyan, LB Weaver, S Brooks/Fuller/Metellus no change - was not aware of Bass at all - but I like what I have read

6 - WR Hodgins - Options: OT Wanogho, WR Hill, RB Benjamin, DE Willekes - actually it was a toss up between Wanogho and Trey Adams - glad we got the latter as an UDFA

7 - CB Jackson - Options: UDFA (CB Guidry, LB Divinity, TE Breeland, CB Bassey, TE Bryant, OT Adams, DE Coe, TE Moss) no change

Dobbins

Greenard

Biadasz

DPJ

No change

Bryant

I am sucker for players that fall due to red flags in the later rounds. Sure, some bust, but that’s where the Tyreek Hill’s and Honey Badger’s come from too.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

No trades, just who would you pick if the draft fell the way it did. 

2 - DE Epenesa - Options: RB Dobbins, WR's Jefferson/Mims, LB/DE Uche/Okwara

3 - RB Moss - Options: CB Dantzler, DE Greenard

4 - WR Davis - Options: LB Quarterman, WR AGG/T Johnson, C Biadasz, CB Hall

5 - QB Fromm - Options: DT Murchison, DE Anae, G Muti, S Gilman, WR Peoples-Jones, 

6 - K Bass - Options: OT Runyan, LB Weaver, S Brooks/Fuller/Metellus

6 - WR Hodgins - Options: OT Wanogho, WR Hill, RB Benjamin, DE Willekes

7 - CB Jackson - Options: UDFA (CB Guidry, LB Divinity, TE Breeland, CB Bassey, TE Bryant, OT Adams, DE Coe, TE Moss)

The only pick I would change is the 6th round Kicker.  I would have drafted the Punter Mann instead.  Dude is a beast punting the ball.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

The only thing I’d be curious about is what it would have looked like if they took Dobbins in the 2nd and an Edge in the 3rd.

I’m glad they went Epenesa/Moss, mind you. Quality Edge players are of higher importance than committee running backs. 

Still, I can’t help but wonder how things would’ve gone if they’d flipped it and gone, say, Dobbins and Zuniga instead.

Zuniga is the complete opposite of Epenesa, and really doesn't fit the "left end" mold of our defense.

I think with Hughes and Addison, Zuniga would be struggling to find the field this year.  That type of atheletic/flashy guy will be next year or the year after, once Hughes and or addison is gone.  

Also, this staff values availability and zuniga has been fighting the injury bug

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The only one I might have changed is Gabe Davis for Tyler Biadasz actually who if he can stay healthy is gonna be a beast for the Cowboys. I'd have probably taken Davis (because I do really like that pick) and then tried to package my 5th and my first 6th (so Fromm and Bass) to get back up for Biadasz who went with the final pick of the round.

I love Anae as well but I'm not sure he was a pure fit for the Bills scheme sadly (lacks the arm length McDermott likes). I might have drafted him anyway over Fromm... but I am nit picking. I thought it was a good draft. They did a nice job.

Agree.completely about Tyler, and your point of sticking with Davis.  I think Tyler would have been the pick over Fromm, if he was available.  Would have been nice.

I'm not as big on Anae, but admittedly watched only a couple Utah full games.  I like his energy/motor/attitude, but as you said, lacks certain traits to be successful in our defense.  Not athletic enough to play the "right end" and I question if he's stout enough to play left end, but after taking epenesa I don't think there's room for another def end this year

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Wait until Dobbins runs wild for the already dangerous Ravens. The pitchforks will come out claiming they knew Beane was wrong again. They won’t consider what he might have done had he ended up on the Bengals. Hopefully Moss does enough to quiet that reaction. The guy runs like a wrecking ball! 

Let’s play some football! 

• Like (+1) 1