Reminder: Bills-Cowboys 2007 MNF Game on ESPN Tonight 4/27 at 8 PM ET

Rico

I drove up from VA with my brother who’s a Cowboys fan. Had great seats, the atmosphere was amazing, and the game was going perfectly.

Even after the last TD, I thought ok, they still need 2. Then, they missed in what could’ve likely been called PI on Greer I think it was, and everyone was going nuts. Who would’ve thought they’d get the onside, the yardage they needed, and make 2 kicks. Seemed so unlikely.

Needless to say, we left the game and I drove till about Erie, PA before I finally stopped for a hotel, and not one word was spoken until the next day. He knew if he were to say something, I probably would’ve left him on the side of 90 somewhere 

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I were at that game. I have no desire whatsoever to relive it. The Bills choked it away and we were sitting about three seats down from a mouthy, d-bag Cowboys fan (is there any other kind?) who was running his mouth the whole time. Ugh. What a frustrating loss.

Flew in for the game. Everything was awesome about that night (tailgate & game), until the final few minutes. Was drunk and pissed (a bad combo). I went back to the hotel and literally tried to flush my Bills hat down the toilet. Wouldn't go at first but I used the plunger to jam it down the hole about halfway. Housekeeping must have had to yank it out of there the next day. I was stupid, but so were the Bills for losing that game.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Nope, not watching this. This game is in the locked buried vault with SB 25 and January's playoff game. I was extremely close to being highly violent in my basement and smashing many objects late at night.

I have a problem. @Virgil

Same.   This one hurt big time.   Not a night I'd like to relive.

• Like (+1) 1

That is a weird mixed emotional night for me to remember.  A lot of things in play that night, Columbus day weekend, first home Monday night game in over a decade, the weather was mid summer weather as it heated up to 80 degrees that day.  I remember taking the day off, going golfing in the morning, getting back taking a quick nap & then we headed up to the stadium.  It was an epic tailgating night for all the reasons I mentioned above plus we had like 20 guys at our tailgate that night.  The game was a weird one, we had 2 pick sixes, kickoff return, but for some reason I never felt we were going to win the game.  I remember thinking when they missed the 2 point conversion to tie that now the pokes are going to get the onside kick and sure enough they did.  I remember the final fg kick to win it, my friend said right before the first kick "no worries this guy hasn't kicked a 50 yard fg in his whole college career."  Then he went on to boom two kicks that would of been good from 70 yards out.  Even though the Bills weren't going anywhere that year(I think they were 2-4 going into the game) this one hurt.  I remember getting home pretty late, going on the back patio and having a beer, my wife came down from our bedroom and said "I don't know why you put yourself through this every year"