Love that they doubled down on WR in this draft

6 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

I'm saying 90% of 4th and 6th rounders are Andre Robert's and Mckendrick caliber players and it is unrealistic to expect them to be the 10%. I understand being a fan and what that means but geesh can we please step outside of the bubble on this one.

I think we can do better than Foster & Williams & McKenzie.

Diggs makes McKittrick redundant. Roberts getting any reps at WR is a waste, last year showed. But he's at his peak at the return game so he is a lock at 6/7.

Davis tape looks polished enough for a #5 or #4. Sorry Foster.

Hodgins quicks and hands are stupid. Sorry Duke.

• Like (+1) 1

Anaylitic wise Davis has all the factors you want.  He is also only 21.  Big body guys who is a hand catcher.  UCF played a few good cbs and Davis lit them up.  Im not a scout and havent watch every guy available.  More I see of Davis more I like.  Word before the draft was the wrs were deep, and NFL starters will be had deep into the draft.  As pass catchers, Mckenzie, Foster, and Williams were nowhere near the players coming out as Davis or Hodgins.  I think both make it and they add things the offense hasnt had 2019.  Interested to see if Buffalo will try to develop a big slot.  

2 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

I'm saying 90% of 4th and 6th rounders are Andre Robert's and Mckendrick caliber players and it is unrealistic to expect them to be the 10%. I understand being a fan and what that means but geesh can we please step outside of the bubble on this one.

90% of drafts aren’t as deep as this one at wr. Top WR can come from any round, Diggs was a 5th rounder, Andre Reed a 4th rounder. Who knows if Gabriel or Hoskins turn out to be difference makers but I think they have a good chance of being better than the Fosters and duke’s of the world

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I think we can do better than Foster & Williams & McKenzie.

And the year before we could do better than the year before and the year before was the same and on and on. It is always - this new guy has to be better than this old guy. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And the year before we could do better than the year before and the year before was the same and on and on. It is always - this new guy has to be better than this old guy. 

So there was no reason to draft a WR at all.

Brandon Beane made a mistake in drafting Davis & Hodgins, right?

You are completely fine with who we have at WR depth?

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So there was no reason to draft a WR at all.

Brandon Beane made a mistake in drafting Davis & Hodgins, right?

You are completely fine with who we have at WR depth?

I have said I dont mind the picks. Just have modest expectations and feel they could have no impact this year or ever.

I am speaking more to the reaction to the pick. How much better they are than our current guys. In reality they may not be better than them. Still worth taking a look to see if they are. But if we had jumped up and got one of the top 5 guys that would be a different story. From the tape, reports, combine, etc there is not a lot that screams these guys are better. Which is why they were drafted in the 4th and 6th.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

90% of drafts aren’t as deep as this one at wr. Top WR can come from any round, Diggs was a 5th rounder, Andre Reed a 4th rounder. Who knows if Gabriel or Hoskins turn out to be difference makers but I think they have a good chance of being better than the Fosters and duke’s of the world

Duke gets a bad rap

He will likely survive

Contrary to popular opinion, Duke has good pedigree. coming out of college, he was a 1st/2nd round talent- who fell because of off field issues.

His talent and is better than the drafted rookies.

The key will be if his continued development turns into dependable production.

He does seem to have Josh's attention on the field based on the number of targets

Likely he had nagging injury for most of last season that hindered  him.

42 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I have said I dont mind the picks. Just have modest expectations and feel they could have no impact this year or ever.

I am speaking more to the reaction to the pick. How much better they are than our current guys. In reality they may not be better than them. Still worth taking a look to see if they are. But if we had jumped up and got one of the top 5 guys that would be a different story. From the tape, reports, combine, etc there is not a lot that screams these guys are better. Which is why they were drafted in the 4th and 6th.

Fair enough.

I don't know how it will work out, none of us do. I think the odds favor Davis & Hodgins more than some of the other players.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Funny thing is Roberts and Mckendrick would probably garner a 5th-7th round pick if traded this offseason which would then place their value at roughly the same as their replacements.

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Funny thing is Roberts and Mckendrick would probably garner a 5th-7th round pick if traded this offseason which would then place their value at roughly the same as their replacements.

McKenzie would not get anything in a trade. We signed him for next to nothing. That means that if a team wanted him, they easily could have given a bigger offer and not had to give up a pick. I also don't think teams value the return game enough to give up picks for whatever upgrade Roberts gives. 

4 hours ago, spartacus said:

Duke gets a bad rap

He will likely survive

Contrary to popular opinion, Duke has good pedigree. coming out of college, he was a 1st/2nd round talent- who fell because of off field issues.

His talent and is better than the drafted rookies.

The key will be if his continued development turns into dependable production.

He does seem to have Josh's attention on the field based on the number of targets

Likely he had nagging injury for most of last season that hindered  him.

I'm curious where you see him being a first/second round talent. I looked at draft profiles of him, and most said 7th round or undrafted. Yes, that is lower due to issues, but nothing about the profiles demonstrated first round talent. They said he would have a difficult time getting separation at the NFL level, and he would have to make his living on contested catches. That doesn't show 1st/2nd round talent to me.

43 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I'm curious where you see him being a first/second round talent. I looked at draft profiles of him, and most said 7th round or undrafted. Yes, that is lower due to issues, but nothing about the profiles demonstrated first round talent. They said he would have a difficult time getting separation at the NFL level, and he would have to make his living on contested catches. That doesn't show 1st/2nd round talent to me.

Duke Williams Combine

Auburn receiver Duke Williams responds to a question during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine Thursday, Feb. 25, 2016, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings)

D'haquille Williams' draft status is in limbo.

The receiver many considered to be a first- or second-round prospect a year ago is suddenly persona non grata for many. It's possible the former Auburn receiver could fall out of the draft because of his off-the-field antics that led to his dismissal in October.

Williams faced the media and NFL personnel Thursday at the NFL Combine. He was reflective, he openly shared his regrets, apologized about his past and promised he is working to become a better man.

"I'm a first-round pick no matter what, but off the field I'm a seventh-round pick," Williams said. "My character is a seventh-round pick."

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

McKenzie would not get anything in a trade. We signed him for next to nothing. That means that if a team wanted him, they easily could have given a bigger offer and not had to give up a pick. I also don't think teams value the return game enough to give up picks for whatever upgrade Roberts gives. 

If a team was willing to give a 5th for Zay Jones I'll go out on a limb and say we could get a 6th for McKenzie.