Post Draft Zoom Call

TroutDog

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/watch-bills-virtual-post-draft-party

Thought this was interesting. Beane admitted they were trying to jump up to get Moss and it didn’t work out. 

Love Tasker to pieces but the initial questions boggled my mind: did he REALLY think they would answer those??? He was much less bumbly in this video which was nice. 

Some good stuff in here about how the upper echelon works together...including during the pandemic vs how it normally is done. 

EDIT: This was initially done for season ticket holders. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Super interesting. I loved how Beane described how they go about and get coaches input. That the scouts have a meeting with coaches after they set the board and scouts are just flies on wall in this meeting even if they disagree. And then scouts go back and take a 2nd look at tape and see if they missed something that coaches noticed. Really shows a great system of checks and balances in our organization. That is scout or personnel department miss something then coaches have chance to bring this up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks TD.  I watched it today.  Brandon, Joe and Dan really are a seamless team.  The only ego seems to be a collective one to make the Bills better.  Joe and Dan are going to be NFL GMs one day.  Amazing group that Brandon has assembled.

I was also happy to hear that Brandon is the conservative/measured/patient one...we have our gamblers!

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Super interesting. I loved how Beane described how they go about and get coaches input. That the scouts have a meeting with coaches after they set the board and scouts are just flies on wall in this meeting even if they disagree. And then scouts go back and take a 2nd look at tape and see if they missed something that coaches noticed. Really shows a great system of checks and balances in our organization. That is scout or personnel department miss something then coaches have chance to bring this up.

Agreed: the ‘fly on the wall’ quote was absolutely superlative. It shows, to me, how one ‘silo’ does their job but the other ‘silo’s’ aren’t removed from the equation. Critical in any business scenario. 

Lordy, sports are so fun!!! ? 

43 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Thanks TD.  I watched it today.  Brandon, Joe and Dan really are a seamless team.  The only ego seems to be a collective one to make the Bills better.  Joe and Dan are going to be NFL GMs one day.  Amazing group that Brandon has assembled.

I was also happy to hear that Brandon is the conservative/measured/patient one...we have our gamblers!

I wholeheartedly agree on the ego statement. Being dictatorial never works. Thinking you can do it all on your own is a recipe for disaster. Look no further than Abraham Lincoln and his ‘team of rivals’. As a leader, you should intentionally seek out dissenting views.

This is an extraordinarily solid FO and the coaching staff isn’t far behind. Don’t get me wrong, I love McD, but think he needs another season under his belt to reach the level of the FO. 

Edited by TroutDog

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/watch-bills-virtual-post-draft-party

Thought this was interesting. Beane admitted they were trying to jump up to get Moss and it didn’t work out. 

Easy to admit when they ended up getting him anyway for no additional cost.  

But I see no evidence that Beane is the kind of guy who would make that up, so that just means he got his man, which I like to hear.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

But I see no evidence that Beane is the kind of guy who would make that up

I guess I’m wondering why bring it up, then? Seemed to me he was filling in gaps from his previous statements that had people trying to figure it out...including on this board. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Also I was very shocked to hear that Brian Gaine isnt at the head table. Being a recent GM you think he would.

Here's my thoughts on the subject, don't know for sure if they are true. Gaines is a "senior personel advisor", That sounds to me like a job that has less to do with the draft, and more with vets. If that is the case, it would make sense for him to not be at the head table for the draft.

8 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Here's my thoughts on the subject, don't know for sure if they are true. Gaines is a "senior personel advisor", That sounds to me like a job that has less to do with the draft, and more with vets. If that is the case, it would make sense for him to not be at the head table for the draft.

I could see that but i thought the role was he helped with personel where ever deemed fit. He would advise Beane with all things personnel. I think the senior title is just to show that Gaine is over other advisors on the totem pole and that he is a top guy in charge.