A Good Read On AJ Epenesa

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they have some similarities, but Watt is a slightly more athletic guy. Better 40 and 3 cone and just a bit more speed in his pass rush game. 

That’s what I was going to say.  Watt has much more burst off the edge.  I think there’s a lot of similarity with Aaron Schobel.  Hopefully his sacks come at bigger moments.  

• Like (+1) 5

Personality and background wise it sounds like he is going to be a great fit in Western New York and will mesh well with our guys.  Do not underestimate the fantastic job Beane and McDermott have done bringing players with the right character fit.  I LOVE the team we have been building.

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That’s what I was going to say.  Watt has much more burst off the edge.  I think there’s a lot of similarity with Aaron Schobel.  Hopefully his sacks come at bigger moments.  

My comp was like a longer Derek Wolfe, kind of a Aaron Smith of the Steelers a few years ago. I feel like Schobel was a bit smaller and not as long, but yeah Epenesa has a power game that I am excited to watch. 

Thank you for posting, it’s a great read. I must admit, when Beane and McDermott first started and was preaching about process, chemistry etc etc I believed it to a certain degree but no where’s close to what they actually have already accomplished! They are A++ in my book, especially their draft picks as a whole they have been outstanding! 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My comp was like a longer Derek Wolfe, kind of a Aaron Smith of the Steelers a few years ago. I feel like Schobel was a bit smaller and not as long, but yeah Epenesa has a power game that I am excited to watch. 

was thinking Aaron Smith exactly! Solid, stout, Productive 3-4 DE. 

21 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Sign me up!

I'll take a JJ Watt without all the injuries.

Then we better find him quick before someone else signs him, because he’s not on our team at the moment 

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

And he was available at 58 why?  Quickness?

I read a while back he had slow feet or some such a thing, he appears to be athletic enough and reasonably quick/fast, and had a successful college career, we shall see how he adapts as a pro. Good scheme need pick imo. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I read a while back he had slow feet or some such a thing, he appears to be athletic enough and reasonably quick/fast, and had a successful college career, we shall see how he adapts as a pro. Good scheme need pick imo. 

And this says he is not quite JJ Watt.  I will take almost JJWatt.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878147-nfl-scouting-combine-notebook-did-aj-epenesa-crater-his-draft-stock

Watching video tonight, the guy plays like a monster.  

That body and that attitude. Looks like a great value at 58.  Goodness 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they have some similarities, but Watt is a slightly more athletic guy. Better 40 and 3 cone and just a bit more speed in his pass rush game. 

its crazy to think if AJ's 40 and 3 cone time was slightly better (just barely) he would most likely be considered a top 10 pick 

• Like (+1) 3