Singletary & Moss: RB1a / RB 1b - but dont forget about a certain former Rugby star

On 4/26/2020 at 7:16 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Been really excited about the Singletary / Moss pairing in the backfield. I just realized that I had forgotten about Wade. I am excited to see what he can do with a full year of adapting to American football rules. 

Wade will be on the PS yet again with the roster exemption. 

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So who isn't good enough out of Diggs, Brown and Beasley because they drafted 2 WRs.

If he can get the Xs and Os down then I believe there will be a lot of DBs limping the day after they play the Bills.  Between getting their ankles broke by Singletary and getting run over by Moss, Wade and Allen it could make for a really long game for a Defense.

The Rest of the WR group That is who.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:52 PM, FireChans said:

Yeldon doesn’t contribute on ST. He’s insurance at this point. He’s hardly given anyone reason to believe in him as an RB2

Reasons he can be a RB 2/3

1 - He carries a 4.0 YPC career average - not bad

2 - Has produced over 3000 scrimmage yards in 5 seasons

3 - Has good hands, this allows him to be a 3 down replacement if there's injuries at RB

4 - Is younger than Wade (Yeldon 26, Wade 29)

5 - He's still cheap at a sub 2 million dollar cap hit.  

On 4/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

I hope you're wrong.  Wade would be a dynamite player.  

It's also just wrong to give a team exclusive rights to a guy for two years only to sideline him.  Wade isn't getting any younger.  Please save the "he's learning how to play the game" replies, the reserve clause was struck down in the '70s.

A lot of players spend more than 1 year on a practice squad, it's not unusual. I would guess that when the Bills originally contacted him, they probably told him to expect to spend 2 years as the exempt 11th player. He signed on knowing that.

10 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

My point to the post exactly.  Moss and Singletary are 1 and 2 on the depth chart.  Nobody else is a lock.  Sorry if I was clear with the sarcasm.

No!  They have to leave in free agency so se can get comp picks.

No!  They have to leave in free agency so we can get comp picks.

?

Planning ahead, good job. Beane would be proud.

59 minutes ago, klos63 said:

A lot of players spend more than 1 year on a practice squad, it's not unusual. I would guess that when the Bills originally contacted him, they probably told him to expect to spend 2 years as the exempt 11th player. He signed on knowing that.

Just because you sign something doesn't make it right (or legal).

Don't get me wrong, I like Wade. But he's entering only his 2nd year of Pro Football when most NFL players have played the game their whole life. And they're going to get another year of exemption with him. So I'd be shocked if his status is any different from last season. The feeling from writers in the loop is the same. I have a friend who's big on Wade and was miffed I was pulling for RB's in Round's 2 or 3. I told him the same thing I'll tell you now. Watch this video from 39:25

https://youtu.be/jlcDGViemCs

On 4/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

People are already working him off. Not sure why. I guess they know something we don't.

Football isn't quantum theory. It can be learned.

Exactly.  Timing, space are the same in rugby and football. The fellow seems to have some natural physical gifts.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, Penfield45 said:

If she shows signs of improvement this season I don't see why he can't be the 3rd string back. 

Your 3rd RB needs to a special teamer, and that isn't Wade. 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:06 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

I hope you're wrong.  Wade would be a dynamite player.  

It's also just wrong to give a team exclusive rights to a guy for two years only to sideline him.  Wade isn't getting any younger.  Please save the "he's learning how to play the game" replies, the reserve clause was struck down in the '70s.

If it wasn't for the exclusive rights and extra spot, he would be on a PS in the league at all. 

On 4/27/2020 at 1:29 AM, philholbroo said:

I really would like Wade to be looked at as the kick returner and move on from Roberts, opening up another WR spot. I think he would be a good returner at the least.

Yeah, let's get rid of an All Pro returner for a guy who has never returned kicks. 

In Rugby Union he played wing, not full back, so it's not he has experience from the 1 position in Rugby Union which is even remotely similar to an NFL returner

On 4/26/2020 at 7:43 PM, Rc2catch said:

That’s where I’m at with it. 
Motor 

Moss

Taiwan will be active, Yeldon the inactive again. Wade back to the PS another season. Things can change due to injuries or something but I just can’t see any real outcome where he’s an active player on this team. 

I wonder If Dimarco and Jones BOTH make the team. Who exactly is Jones  replacing on the roster? Bills managed without him in 19. Rookies like Gilliam and Antonio Williams might compete for ST work

1 minute ago, Georgie said:

I wonder If Dimarco and Jones BOTH make the team. Who exactly is Jones  replacing on the roster? Bills managed without him in 19. Rookies like Gilliam and Antonio Williams might compete for ST work

Jones is replacing senorice Perry as the ST guy