Singletary & Moss: RB1a / RB 1b - but dont forget about a certain former Rugby star

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:
ok how about he isn’t good enough. If he was they wouldn’t have drafted a RB. Signed a RB and Signed another RB as an UDFA 

another way to look at it is - Beane filled every other position within days in FA and only Jones late to a min contract - but maybe he felt comfortable enough with Wade to defer his pick to the draft

How are you so emphatic that he wont make the team? Maybe he wont. But are you just going by Sal's opinion or do you know something we dont?

where I sit, it is not clear that Jones and Yeldon dominate Wade. In fact, I posted a link to Wade's interview this offseason where he himself said his goal is to make the 53. If he does not have the chance to make the 53 as you appear to imply  - why keep him on the roster? All I am saying is that there is a chance.

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

another way to look at it is - Beane filled every other position within days in FA and only Jones late to a min contract - but maybe he felt comfortable enough with Wade to defer his pick to the draft

How are you so emphatic that he wont make the team? Maybe he wont. But are you just going by Sal's opinion or do you know something we dont?

where I sit, it is not clear that Jones and Yeldon dominate Wade. In fact, I posted a link to Wade's interview this offseason where he himself said his goal is to make the 53. If he does not have the chance to make the 53 as you appear to imply  - why keep him on the roster? All I am saying is that there is a chance.

Nope because he won’t make the team. Every player signed and drafted are further along in their football development. Are years younger. And also Don’t have An extra roster spot attached to him. He has a HUGE uphill climb a much steeper climb than anyone on the roster to include the UDFA Antonio Williams. Don’t get blinded by a couple of good runs against guys that are now insurance salesmen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't know why either.  I don't get the Taiwan Jones lock either.  Bills brought in some guys that could bump him off the roster.

Everyone knows how McDermott and Beane like guys that can do more than 1 thing.

I see Perry and Roberts as targets to replace.  Maybe 1 makes the roster but 2 is a stretch.

Perry is already gone

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think its going to be extremely tough for him to make the team now

Singletary/Moss are going to get the majority of the work

Probably keep Yeldon because he is actually a excellent pass catcher

yeah but he was an excellent pass catcher last year and they didnt use him...     Moss is an excellent pass catcher.   im not sure why yeldon is even on the team..unless his contract doesnt make it sensable to get rid of him.   

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He’s turning 29 in a few weeks. I hope he makes the most of training camp because another year on PS and then boom 30 where injuries seem to pop up more frequently especially while playing running back

If Wade makes the team it's likely as a kick/punt return guy. Andre Roberts may be squeezed out with all the new WR talent. He's 32, his dead cap hit is just $500,000. There's more room on the roster for a guy who may be able to play a little RB instead of a little WR. I hope Wade makes it!

1 hour ago, philholbroo said:

I really would like Wade to be looked at as the kick returner and move on from Roberts, opening up another WR spot. I think he would be a good returner at the least.

You beat me to it.

• Like (+1) 1

He was a SUPER STAR in a very similar professional sport. I'm not writing him off.  It's a long shot to make it, but if guys like Antonio Gates can make it, why can't he?  I am sorry, with exactly zero 1000 yard rushers on this roster, its not exactly an insurmountable taks to win a spot.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, dneveu said:

We get an extra PS squad spot for him, but i guess someone could sign him off of it.  But signing someone off someone elses practice squad requires putting them on the active roster... so... thats a pretty big leap for a guy whos played like 25 preseason snaps

He will be Bills Property this year. If he clears waivers when cut at camp (he will) he will be placed on the PS 11th IPP exempted roster spot (meaning just like last year can’t move). 

now he is off the IPP program after this year and will be like any other player with no roster exemption 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He will be Bills Property this year. If he clears waivers when cut at camp (he will) he will be placed on the PS 11th IPP exempted roster spot (meaning just like last year can’t move). 

now he is off the IPP program after this year and will be like any other player with no roster exemption 

Even if he wasn't exempt i doubt someones signing him to their active roster.  At least UDFA RBs have film, i can identify strengths and weaknesses from that.  They have combine and pro day workouts etc.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

MAJBobby I believe you’re the one who has the best understanding of the new roster rules this year. 

I’m familiar with how the IPP works, but is there any language in the new rules that would allow us to activate him on game day and return him after the game like we would any other PA guy? Or it still remains that once he’s put on the PS he can’t be activated at all during 2020?

18 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Been really excited about the Singletary / Moss pairing in the backfield. I just realized that I had forgotten about Wade. I am excited to see what he can do with a full year of adapting to American football rules. 

this is the 2nd reference to the Rugby star I saw today

Christian Wade but I see now you did use it in your post.

I'd like to see him play just out of curiosity.  I think he could be good. 

But you will fine may here to say he'll need many more years or training to learn NFL football. 

as I sure will be stated a number of times in this thread 

looking on page 2 I see I wasn't wrong 

Christian Wade joins a long line of Bills nobodies who basically have to prove they suck or get cut for them to be thought of as anything other than trash. Despite 99% of all football players not being close enough to being good enough to play in the NFL, he will have several topics made about “giving him a shot” or how he’s being “slept on” despite failing to even dress or get called up to the 53. 

Brandon Reilly, I’m looking at you bud. 

Edited by FireChans

I think Wade could easily make the PS coming out of camp. I am not sure if he will unseat Yeldon as the third RB but it certainly is possible. I think another year on the PS would be good and then he can make the roster at 30 and get a good 2-3 year run as a backup RB and a return man. 

Take away the one or two great preseason runs, and no one cares about Christian Wade.

He's 29 years old. Even if he suddenly, somehow, miraculously proved himself to be more than a mere curiosity, what's he gonna give you -- one good season? Two?

I'd understand the fascination a little bit more if he were 24 instead of 29. As it stands now, by the time he grasps the mental side of the game well enough to compete for a roster spot, he'll be 30+.

I'd also understand the fascination a little bit more if played special teams. As far as I know, he doesn't. In order to get a gameday jersey as an RB3, a player needs to play special teams.

He seems like a nice guy. He's a Buffalo Bill, so I'll root for him. The truth is, though, that the odds of him ever making meaningful regular season contributions in the NFL is very low.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s where I’m at with it. 
Motor 

Moss

Taiwan will be active, Yeldon the inactive again. Wade back to the PS another season. Things can change due to injuries or something but I just can’t see any real outcome where he’s an active player on this team. 

I guess what you like about Yeldon is he is versatile  in relief duty, but man he’s getting 2 mil to be a fourth stringer? 

I m sure they keep wade on PS one more year because why not.  If so I means he probably never going to play his way into a real NFL game. 

Just goes to show, elite in Rugby still doesn’t touch what these nfl guys can do. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood