Singletary & Moss: RB1a / RB 1b - but dont forget about a certain former Rugby star

Very nice Wade interview (Feb 2020) about the Bills organization, Bills Mafia, Wade's goals - to make the 53 etc.

9 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

do we get another exemption for him this year?

I thought we dont. If he is on the PS, another team can sign him this year off our PS, no?

3 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Very nice Wade interview (Feb 2020) about the Bills organization, Bills Mafia, Wade's goals - to make the 53 etc.

I thought we dont. If he is on the PS, another team can sign him this year off our PS, no?

We have the exemption 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We have the exemption 

Did I misunderstand the only here? Is it that he will be a practice squad player only - or his exemption is only for 2019 season?

International player allocation, Christian Wade, was added as the exempt 11th practice squad player, meaning he cannot be elevated to Buffalo's active roster. He'll be a practice squad player only for the 2019 season.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-begin-to-assemble-practice-squad-christian-wade-holds-11th-exempt-spot

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wade will not make the football team again and will be on the PS with his international exemption again 

That’s where I’m at with it. 
Motor 

Moss

Taiwan will be active, Yeldon the inactive again. Wade back to the PS another season. Things can change due to injuries or something but I just can’t see any real outcome where he’s an active player on this team. 

There’s just too much nuance to the game to be learned at this late of an age.  Picking up blitzes, learning how to take what the defense is giving you sometimes (not trying to turn every run into a touchdown), plus the extreme complexity of NFL offenses in terms of number of plays, terminology, and concepts.

We love the underdog here in Buffalo, but I don’t think he’s the next Fred Jackson.

45 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wade will not make the football team again and will be on the PS with his international exemption again 

I hope you're wrong.  Wade would be a dynamite player.  

It's also just wrong to give a team exclusive rights to a guy for two years only to sideline him.  Wade isn't getting any younger.  Please save the "he's learning how to play the game" replies, the reserve clause was struck down in the '70s.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Did I misunderstand the only here? Is it that he will be a practice squad player only - or his exemption is only for 2019 season?

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-begin-to-assemble-practice-squad-christian-wade-holds-11th-exempt-spot

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I hope you're wrong.  Wade would be a dynamite player.  

It's also just wrong to give a team exclusive rights to a guy for two years only to sideline him.  Wade isn't getting any younger.  Please save the "he's learning how to play the game" replies, the reserve clause was struck down in the '70s.

ok how about he isn’t good enough. If he was they wouldn’t have drafted a RB. Signed a RB and Signed another RB as an UDFA 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

People are already writing him off. Not sure why. I guess they know something we don't.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

There’s just too much nuance to the game to be learned at this late of an age.  Picking up blitzes, learning how to take what the defense is giving you sometimes (not trying to turn every run into a touchdown), plus the extreme complexity of NFL offenses in terms of number of plays, terminology, and concepts.

We love the underdog here in Buffalo, but I don’t think he’s the next Fred Jackson.

Football isn't quantum theory. It can be learned.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People are already working him off. Not sure why. I guess they know something we don't.

I don't know why either.  I don't get the Taiwan Jones lock either.  Bills brought in some guys that could bump him off the roster.

Everyone knows how McDermott and Beane like guys that can do more than 1 thing.

I see Perry and Roberts as targets to replace.  Maybe 1 makes the roster but 2 is a stretch.

Edited by ColoradoBills

How many are the going to keep? 

Reggie Gilliam

Taiwan Jones 

Zack Moss - Will Make the Roster 

Devin Singletary - Will Make the Roster 

Antonio Williams

T.J. Yeldon 

Patrick DiMarco

Christian Wade (ONLY ONE THAT HAS AN EXEMPTION) 

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't know why either.  I don't get the Senorise Perry lock either.  Bills brought in some guys that could bump him off the roster.

Everyone knows how McDermott and Beane like guys that can do more than 1 thing.

I see Perry and Roberts as targets to replace.  Maybe 1 makes the roster but 2 is a stretch.

Perry isn’t on the Roster 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many are the going to keep? 

Reggie Gilliam

Taiwan Jones

Zack Moss

Devin Singletary

Antonio Williams

T.J. Yeldon

Patrick DiMarco

Christian Wade (ONLY ONE THAT HAS AN EXEMPTION) 

Perry isn’t on the Roster 

oops, meant Taiwan Jones.

9 minutes ago, philholbroo said:

I really would like Wade to be looked at as the kick returner and move on from Roberts, opening up another WR spot. I think he would be a good returner at the least.

love this idea & it has merit

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-helmets-required/2019/nov/28/christian-wade-rugby-england-wasps-nfl-buffalo-bills

In training are you taking part in more than just offensive drills?
“I’m involved with everything: punt teams, punt returns, kick offs, playing in all four special team phases and offence. I’m getting a good feel of every position in offence, making myself more versatile and available to ‘coach’.”

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2