Taysom Hill extends - 2 years, $21 Million

I feel thats a decent amount of coin for a guy with a combined 380 yards last season. He did have 6 receiving TDS but it came on just 230 yards receiving and 19 receptions. That doesn’t seem sustainable. 

edit: I was today years old when I found out Hill is 29 years old. I thought he was far younger. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

Just now, Bangarang said:

I feel like he gets a lot of attention for no reason 

Samesies. He is better than most gadget guys but when you simplify things how much better is the offense with his trick plays vs. Drew Brees, Kamara and MT in conventional sets?

I’d say minimally if any.

34 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

When the Saints play on the national stage it’s almost unwatchable. The Sunday night football crew fawns over Hill every time he is out there. Also, why hasn’t a coach figured out to blitz whenever he is at QB? He runs 99% of the time he is in at QB. The other 1% of the time I’ll take my chances that he can’t make a perfect throw under heavy pressure against cover zero. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

When the Saints play on the national stage it’s almost unwatchable. The Sunday night football crew fawns over Hill every time he is out there. Also, why hasn’t a coach figured out to blitz whenever he is at QB? He runs 99% of the time he is in at QB. The other 1% of the time I’ll take my chances that he can’t make a perfect throw under heavy pressure against cover zero. 

Sometimes coaches just outsmart themselves. Happens weekly in the NFL 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s honestly the most unique football player I can remember. Passing TD’s, rushing TD’s, recieving TD’s, punt blocks.

He’s fascinating because he makes no sense. He has no position, which is usually the kiss of death at this level. But here he is contributing in unique ways. Some may call it luck, but luck can’t be sustained this long, imo. His 7 TD’s last year would have led the Bills in skill positions last year.

• Like (+1) 2

That's my boy!! Get paid bro and don't listen to the haters you are a legit beast:wub: Just sad I can't have a Bills Taysom jersey:cry:

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He’s honestly the most unique football player I can remember. Passing TD’s, rushing TD’s, recieving TD’s, punt blocks.

He’s fascinating because he makes no sense. He has no position, which is usually the kiss of death at this level. But here he is contributing in unique ways. Some may call it luck, but luck can’t be sustained this long, imo. His 7 TD’s last year would have led the Bills in skill positions last year.

So when are people gonna stop calling it luck? Who gives a **** that he's a QB first... same disrespect was paid to Joshy and he caught a TD all over Houston and make defenses look stupid on his runs. I like my QB able to trick people!!

If Brees weren't still playing you'd get to see Taysom up close and personal.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

That's my boy!! Get paid bro and don't listen to the haters you are a legit beast:wub: Just sad I can't have a Bills Taysom jersey:cry:

So when are people gonna stop calling it luck? Who gives a **** that he's a QB first... same disrespect was paid to Joshy and he caught a TD all over Houston and make defenses look stupid on his runs. I like my QB able to trick people!!

Nah, I don’t think Hill will ever start at QB in NO, personally.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

If you like Hill, which it sounds like you do, I don’t think you ever want to see him play QB full time. He would be far less effective than he is currently as a nomad. 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If you like Hill, which it sounds like you do, I don’t think you ever want to see him play QB full time. He would be far less effective than he is currently as a nomad. 

Well I mean he could loft the ball to himself for a TD:wub: 

It's a damn injustice we didn't get Taysom in the league years ago, instead we got him as an old rookie:cry:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Do you know that Jameis Winston has more career completions to saints than Taysom Hill does?

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

And he is ENTERTAINING. Fun to watch, for sure. I do wonder about taking snaps away from a total stud QB like Brees though. But dude is a pleasure to watch. He does it all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

overpay

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

Agreed

I will third that emotion.  That's a lot of money for a gimmick play guy.

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You must have loved Flutie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1