Food - Cannot Wait For.

The Warden

1 hour ago, Augie said:

My ex-BIL was in a Wendy’s and took one cherry tomato off the salad bar to snack on as he waited.  The manager confronted him, didn’t like the “chill out” response, so he called the cops. He literally had to go to court (while he was finishing medical school and shopping for residency, coulda messed up his life!). The judge was PISSED! “Why are you wasting my time?”  Anyway, that’s my buffet/courtroom story. 

Was it John Pinette who did a bit on the buffets? “NO! We closed for YOU!” 

wow. By the way, tell kids these days that story and their reaction will be, “wait— Wendy’s has a salad bar?”

(I spent years in HS working at Wendy’s, including stocking and re-stocking that salad bar.”).

5 hours ago, Augie said:

The Golden Corral and Taco Bell miss you! 

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Taco Bell would definitely be something you need to take bleach to your butthole after, "experimentally" of course... If it somehow cured you know what, then you're welcome:worthy:

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Anything going up the back door doesn’t  stand a chance against the post Taco Bell  WHOOSH heading out!   ?

Well Taco Bell generally tastes like bleach so maybe taco bell will kill COVID-19.

Not that I ever tasted bleach but smell is a good potion of taste and I have tasted silverware cleaned in bleach and could taste the bleach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I just HATE buffets, for SO MANY reasons! 

BUT, the one I really enjoyed was at the Aria in Las Vegas. Is wasn’t that expensive (maybe $36?) plus unlimited Bloody Mary’s, Mimosa’s or wine for another $20+. Hell, in Vegas one glass of wine can hit that bar! They had different sections, Asian, Italian, seafood, etc. All good quality. You could do all you can eat crab legs for hours with unlimited beverages for next to nothing in Vegas terms. They are closed today, I’m afraid. ? 

Friends who live there took us. The locals knew the ropes. 

Any buffet, to me, seems like a challenge to seriously  overeat to get my money’s worth. I want some of everything, and a LOT of what I like! Not my style. That doesn’t end well.  

Buffets never coming back ..one of my Covid predictions

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

T

What are you drinking? Budlight Clamatos?!:sick:

well, i do 7 AM-10PM most Bills Sundays, been in training my whole life for bar reopeningg day !!!!...

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I blame auto correct, but Rob Petrie married to MTM was one lucky guy! 

how old are we..my fist MILF...MTM in those Capri pants..wowzer!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Buffets never coming back ..one of my Covid predictions

well, i do 7 AM-10PM most Bills Sundays, been in training my whole life for bar reopeningg day !!!!...

how old are we..my fist MILF...MTM in those Capri pants..wowzer!

I was wondering how you last so long:lol: 

I used to be able to hold my drinks well, now I just crash out within the 1st hour of partying... The ol' kidneys and liver can't sustain a months worth of drinks in a 15 minute period anymore:cry:

I remember when I would pregame allnight drinking with a whole nipper of Bacardi 151 straight.:death:

The whole idea of the buffet seems tainted with the Covid 19 concerns, as well as bulk foods, including the Canadian chain 'Bulk Barn', of which I was an avid supporter.  I hope there's a well thought out way of making the bulk food operations still viable.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Uber is your friend! Unless you don’t like riding in a Petrie dish, of course. Pick a place near home....

I used to have lunch out every day, almost always sitting at the bar. I’m very comfortable there, and often don’t leave for hours! I eat late (3pm or later), read my book and before you know it the early Happy Hour crowd rolls in! Voila! New instant best friends arrive! 

My wife is generally not one to sit at a bar unless we can’t get a table. She rarely drinks, two glasses of wine is a rare and crazy night. I pick up her slack, I’m a team guy! 

It looks like some places in Georgia are slowly opening up... don't know why the tattoo parlors would be included but whatever.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-top-news/2020/04/27/georgia-restaurants-allowed-to-reopen-as-restrictions-loosen

On 4/26/2020 at 11:53 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

wow. By the way, tell kids these days that story and their reaction will be, “wait— Wendy’s has a salad bar?”

(I spent years in HS working at Wendy’s, including stocking and re-stocking that salad bar.”).

And Red Barn