Food - Cannot Wait For.

The Warden

2 hours ago, The Warden said:

As the quarantine measures start to dissolve - what is your first in person order at your favorite restaurant? I am torn between a classic Reuben and chimichanga. Wings and beef on week do not count.

I pretty much eat beef every week so no problem there.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Beer in a bar..and yes that is food

One of the five major food groups, I believe! 

Personally, I want wings at Chez Plenz! They are just not the same when you box them up and take them home. 

I’ll get a muffuletta from a place nearby this week, but still as takeout. If our Governor said it was a good idea to come in out of the rain, I’m getting as wet as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

One of the five major food groups, I believe! 

Personally, I want wings at Chez Plenz! They are just not the same when you box them up and take them home. 

I’ll get a muffuletta from a place nearby this week, but still as takeout. If our Governor said it was a good idea to come in out of the rain, I’m getting as wet as possible. 

i really never  realized how much i LOVE sitting at a bar..knew i liked it, but did not know i need it to function. Could be by myself, with my wife, with my boys, even with my MIL....I need to sit at a bar and have non covid conversation!!!!!!

First day bars open in VA..not gunna be pretty ..i am thinking staring at 10AM, ending at midnight

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:57 PM, plenzmd1 said:

i really never  realized how much i LOVE sitting at a bar..knew i liked it, but did not know i need it to function. Could be by myself, with my wife, with my boys, even with my MIL....I need to sit at a bar and have non covid conversation!!!!!!

First day bars open in VA..not gunna be pretty ..i am thinking staring at 10AM, ending at midnight

Uber is your friend! Unless you don’t like riding in a petri dish, of course. Pick a place near home....

I used to have lunch out every day, almost always sitting at the bar. I’m very comfortable there, and often don’t leave for hours! I eat late (3pm or later), read my book and before you know it the early Happy Hour crowd rolls in! Voila! New instant best friends arrive! 

My wife is generally not one to sit at a bar unless we can’t get a table. She rarely drinks, two glasses of wine is a rare and crazy night. I pick up her slack, I’m a team guy! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I’m just looking forward to the experience of sitting in a restaurant for dinner.

The Golden Corral and Taco Bell miss you! 

@plenzmd1 promised me Golden Corral if I take some experimental internal Lysol Study for old folks. How could I pass up that one? Our fearless leader needs my results, AND I get a free meal? Nuff said.....

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

@plenzmd1 promised me Golden Corral if I take some experimental internal Lysol Study for old folks. How could I pass up one that? Our fearless leader needs my results, AND I get a free meal? Nuff said.....

I actually had a legit nightmare about going to a Chinese buffet the other night. All the “meat” was mushy. It was as disgusting in my dreams as it is in real life.   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I actually had a legit nightmare about going to a Chinese buffet the other night. All the “meat” was mushy. It was as disgusting in my dreams as it is in real life.   

Mushy? Is that like....a bad wet dream? 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Mushy? Is that like....a bad wet dream? 

don’t get me wrong— i loves chinese food. But the few times I have eaten at a chinese buffet (for someone’s birthday), the meat is like chicken fat that dissolves in your mouth— it’s like the lowest quality meat you can get. 

It’s no Golden Corral, that’s for sure. 

24 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

don’t get me wrong— i loves chinese food. But the few times I have eaten at a chinese buffet (for someone’s birthday), the meat is like chicken fat that dissolves in your mouth— it’s like the lowest quality meat you can get. 

It’s no Golden Corral, that’s for sure. 

I just HATE buffets, for SO MANY reasons! 

BUT, the one I really enjoyed was at the Aria in Las Vegas. Is wasn’t that expensive (maybe $36?) plus unlimited Bloody Mary’s, Mimosa’s or wine for another $20+. Hell, in Vegas one glass of wine can hit that bar! They had different sections, Asian, Italian, seafood, etc. All good quality. You could do all you can eat crab legs for hours with unlimited beverages for next to nothing in Vegas terms. They are closed today, I’m afraid. ? 

Friends who live there took us. The locals knew the ropes. 

Any buffet, to me, seems like a challenge to seriously  overeat to get my money’s worth. I want some of everything, and a LOT of what I like! Not my style. That doesn’t end well.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

@plenzmd1 promised me Golden Corral if I take some experimental internal Lysol Study for old folks. How could I pass up that one? Our fearless leader needs my results, AND I get a free meal? Nuff said.....

Taco Bell would definitely be something you need to take bleach to your butthole after, "experimentally" of course... If it somehow cured you know what, then you're welcome:worthy:

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

What are you drinking? Budlight Clamatos?!:sick:

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Taco Bell would definitely be something you need to take bleach to your butthole after, "experimentally" of course... If it somehow cured you know what, then you're welcome:worthy:

Anything going up the back door doesn’t  stand a chance against the post Taco Bell  WHOOSH heading out!   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I just HATE buffets, for SO MANY reasons! 

BUT, the one I really enjoyed was at the Aria in Las Vegas. Is wasn’t that expensive (maybe $36?) plus unlimited Bloody Mary’s, Mimosa’s or wine for another $20+. Hell, in Vegas one glass of wine can hit that bar! They had different sections, Asian, Italian, seafood, etc. All good quality. You could do all you can eat crab legs for hours with unlimited beverages for next to nothing in Vegas terms. They are closed today, I’m afraid. ? 

Friends who live there took us. The locals knew the ropes. 

Any buffet, to me, seems like a challenge to seriously  overeat to get my money’s worth. I want some of everything, and a LOT of what I like! Not my style. That doesn’t end well.  

I'm always afraid my buffet experience is going to end in a courtroom explaining why I have the right to stay from open to close:cry:

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'm always afraid my buffet experience is going to end in a courtroom explaining why I have the right to stay from open to close:cry:

My ex-BIL was in a Wendy’s and took one cherry tomato off the salad bar to snack on as he waited.  The manager confronted him, didn’t like the “chill out” response, so he called the cops. He literally had to go to court (while he was finishing medical school and shopping for residency, coulda messed up his life!). The judge was PISSED! “Why are you wasting my time?”  Anyway, that’s my buffet/courtroom story. 

Was it John Pinette who did a bit on the buffets? “NO! We closed for YOU!” 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

My ex-BIL was in a Wendy’s and took one cherry tomato off the salad bar to snack on as he waited.  The manager confronted him, didn’t like the “chill out” response, so he called the cops. He literally had to go to court (while he was finishing medical school and shopping for residency, coulda messed up his life!). The judge was PISSED! “Why are you wasting my time?”  Anyway, that’s my buffet/courtroom story. 

Was it John Pinette who did a bit on the buffets? “NO! We closed for YOU!” 

Wow how freaking petty! Was it dismissed? 

You here four hour!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1