Buffalo Draft Grades From National News

Rigotz

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Its like 4 topics down... it even says compilation.

One is a single twitter post, one has actual links and analysis.

I'll go with mine and you can stick to the other one. Enjoy the other thread!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

One is a single twitter post, one has actual links and analysis.

I'll go with mine and you can stick to the other one. Enjoy the other thread!

The graph is very hard to read also. Thanks again for your work and post.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

C+ ? I don't see how this draft could be less than a B.

It's a C if you think RT and edge rusher needed to be addressed and you think Fromm is a waste of pick. Also maybe if you don't include Diggs.

For me I'm fine with Ford at RT. Epenesa is a solid if not dynamic choice. I would have preferred an OTlate but getting Adam's in UDFA is cool.

Only miss is a punter.

I went with a B. Diggs, Epenesa, Moss and maybe Bass will all have immediate impacts

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's a C if you think RT and edge rusher needed to be addressed and you think Fromm is a waste of pick. Also maybe if you don't include Diggs.

For me I'm fine with Ford at RT. Epenesa is a solid if not dynamic choice. I would have preferred an OTlate but getting Adam's in UDFA is cool.

Only miss is a punter.

Ok, but I don't see how a fifth rounder can be seen as a waste.

Would have been pretty incredible to draft both s kicker and a punter. Not sure teams would be willing to invest that much into the kicking game.

If edge was a need, they drafted Epenesa...

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Would have been pretty incredible to draft both s kicker and a punter. Not sure teams would be willing to invest that much into the kicking game.

Way too much was made about Fromm in the fifth. A winning QB from a big time program with good backup potential is a decent pick in the fifth. Way too many people hate that pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Way too much was made about Fromm in the fifth. A winning QB from a big time program with good backup potential is a decent pick in the fifth. Way too many people hate that pick.

I feel like all the analysts wanted him to go to a QB needy team. And when the Bills drafted him that automatically meant backup. That's the only reason why I can think of all the analysts saying they are "so surprised" he landed with the Bills.

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

I completely agree on taking chances on day 3.

The 4-3 edge player needs to have some pass rush ability.  Epenesa doesn't have the speed to be a great pass rusher.  He should be a very good run stopper with 4-5 sacks a year.  

These “grades” crack me up. If a team drafts according to a draftnik’s predictions (usually erroneously based solely on need), then that team gets an A. If a team should go outside of their faulty predictions, then they get knocked down a grade or two. Nice. 

Simple fact is, it will be a few years before this draft can be adequately evaluated. Just like it’s always been. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The 4-3 edge player needs to have some pass rush ability.  Epenesa doesn't have the speed to be a great pass rusher.  He should be a very good run stopper with 4-5 sacks a year.  

I disagree. He doesn't have 40 speed, but from what I have watched he has good burst off the line and makes quick moves to rush the passer. And he has great technique. He looks fluid. I also saw him TRIPLE teamed, at times.

My opinion, and honestly it isn't worth much, I think when analysts are doing those draft do-overs a couple years from now Epanesa will be one of those that goes WAY higher. I think we got a steal.

By far, the player I am most excited about for the Bills contributing immediately (and in the future, BTW) is Epanesa. But hey, I've been wrong before.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Double digit sacks isn't "some pass rush ability"?

• Like (+1) 1