Bills sign Trey Adams

gjv001

Who cares what he runs the 40 yard dash in?  As long as he can get our of his stance and move 10 feet in either direction and put his hands on someone when he gets there.  I'd care about his first step more than his foot speed.  Hopefully he can play.

• Like (+1) 1

Best case in a year he is ready to compete at left or right tackle depending on what happens with Dion and Ford. 

Maybe he replaces Nsehke as the swing guy and we flip Ty to some team for a draft pick. At worst I think Ty is a free agent after this year, so maybe Adams is ready to contribute there. I do fee like he is probably a year away from making a significant impact. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The one thing I will say about Trey is though he has heavy feet. He better work on his footwork if he wants to make this team. 

Maybe he has a high motor to lift those heavy feet. Does he have slow eyes?

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

50 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He saying all the right things about his back and knee in that interview, but that didn’t show up during the combine and it definitely sounded like he was not fully recovered

Seems like he needs a year or two in an NFL conditioning program. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Washington offensive lineman Trey Adams

Adams, who is 6-foot-8 and 314 pounds, might have been the best lineman in the Pac-12 two years ago but knee and back surgeries derailed his college career. A disastrous combine didn't help. He had a 5.6-second 40-yard dash, a 24.5-inch vertical leap and a 7-foot-8 broad jump, among the worst at the combine. Adams had several offers, before deciding on the Bills.

Actually 330lbs so the speed is fine cause his wing span is HUGE. Basically a better shaped Howard Ballard. He needs to get some speed back to start but he has played 4 years and could backup now. He will make this team unless hurt then he will be on IR anyway available at some point, even next year. This is the steal!

• very strong, will stand up defenders at the point of contact;
  • above-average football IQ understands all blocking schemes;
  • grip strength is off the charts;
  • has a tremendous length as a blocker;
  • stays on blocks often find blocks at the second level.
Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1