Bills sign Trey Adams

gjv001

I feel like these injury and character concern guys that end up UDFAs never work out, and it's always for reasons that have nothing to do with why they fell. Da'Rick Rodgers didn't do anything stupid off the field, he just wasn't a good receiver. So in the same mold I predict Adams will not make the team because of his footwork rather than his injury history. 

Maybe too soon after his return but his Rose Bowl tape looks pretty awful. Sure Ohio State D line was good but still. Looks like playing 13 straight games of the 2019 season didn't help his combine results or his draft status. Question isn't whether he is healthy because apparently he is. Question is whether the injuries have permanently diminished this player and sadly that appears to be the case. Agility/lateral mobility, balance and footwork seem to be lacking, but completely.  Maybe a player can get by with less of these qualities on the right side but a right tackle (and indeed guards too in today's NFL, whether power man or zone blockers) need to have them too and in no small measure. So I don't hold out much hope for this guy and wouldn't be surprised if he is released outright and is not signed to the PS. Nothing much has been ventured here so it's all basically upside, however unlikely it is to materialize. 

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I feel like these injury and character concern guys that end up UDFAs never work out, and it's always for reasons that have nothing to do with why they fell. Da'Rick Rodgers didn't do anything stupid off the field, he just wasn't a good receiver. So in the same mold I predict Adams will not make the team because of his footwork rather than his injury history. 

You're right, of course.  There's an exception somewhere, I suppose.  

This type of guy has been scrutinized by 32 teams, scrutinized more thoroughly than most because they once demonstrated NFL potential.

He is less likely to make it than most the UDFAs , less likely but greater upside.  Most UDFAS don't have Pro Bowl potential.  

• Like (+1) 1