Bills sign Trey Adams

gjv001

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

For a case study, here’s his film from the OSU game this past year to give a taste how he’d do against elite rushers (Adams #72, Chase Young #2) - note, not all his snaps go against Young at LT, and he does get spelled at times during the game. Quite a few cut blocks, and being caught off balance and flat-footed during speed rushes to the outside. Long reach comes in play, and difficult to move off his spot, but I can see him struggling with speed rushers at the next level, more so than Ford currently. For an UDFA though - fantastic zero risk signing. 

Not an expert in the least, but being local I fortunately saw him play every week, and never doubted he’d be on an NFL roster at this point. Overall, he has the size and physicality, but if you hated Ford’s feet this isn’t going to make anyone feel better. Agreed, hopefully strength and conditioning helps him with agility and balance when attained. But given where he was in his recovery for this game last year, many pros and cons are visible:

Why he went undrafted but you can't deny the Pedigree is there and people this naturally big are rare. 

48 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So they can keep him and get him healthier and not have him count towards the 53,  like they did with Vosean this past year. 

Go Bills!!!

well, they’ll have to come up with more ‘creative medical diagnosis’ again, following the final preseason game..

Never ceases to amaze me how promising, late Round rookies get “injured” significantly enough following the last preseason game that they’re ‘lost for the year’, yet never any update on their ‘rehab’ nor League investigations...?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

well, they’ll have to come up with more ‘creative medical diagnosis’ again, following the final preseason game..

Never ceases to amaze me how promising, late Round rookies get “injured” significantly enough following the last preseason game that they’re ‘lost for the year’, yet never any update on their ‘rehab’ nor League investigations...?

Not like a 6' 8" man can't limp off the field or hold his back. He has had knee and back issues. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

For a case study, here’s his film from the OSU game this past year to give a taste how he’d do against elite rushers (Adams #72, Chase Young #2) - note, not all his snaps go against Young at LT, and he does get spelled at times during the game. Quite a few cut blocks, and being caught off balance and flat-footed during speed rushes to the outside. Long reach comes in play, and difficult to move off his spot, but I can see him struggling with speed rushers at the next level, more so than Ford currently. For an UDFA though - fantastic zero risk signing. 

Not an expert in the least, but being local I fortunately saw him play every week, and never doubted he’d be on an NFL roster at this point. Overall, he has the size and physicality, but if you hated Ford’s feet this isn’t going to make anyone feel better. Agreed, hopefully strength and conditioning helps him with agility and balance when attained. But given where he was in his recovery for this game last year, many pros and cons are visible:

Wow, he was pretty impressive in this game. He did allow a sack & a few pressures vs Chase Young, but that's an elite pass rusher who is as fast as just about any DE in the NFL. If Adams can get a little quicker, he can certainly be a starting-caliber OT in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, USABuffaloFan said:

17 straight games he played from end of 2018 to 2019. The question isn't if he is healthy, he is. The question is will his foot work allow him to be the Bills starter. Surprised another team didn't take him he could start RT on a lot of bad teams now. Bills have talent so he needs to beat out Williams or Ford for RT starting position. He will be groomed to be LT backup if he isn't ready to steal job at RT now. That said he is healthy.

To be fair, my son tore his ACL in high school. Yes, he was playing again in less than a year. But it wasn’t until 2 years later that he wasn’t thinking about it and playing like himself, and he didn’t have a giant body to be supported. It can take time to get the old confidence back. 

NOW, I’m positive that Adams has footwork and technique issues to clean up, and it looks like conditioning as well from the film above. I’m just saying it could be a combination of things and I’ll hope for the best once we get to work with him. A year with our trainers and waiting on the PS, and who knows what we might have. There’s a reason he was undrafted, but he is an intriguing prospect. Not any more, but not any less. Definitely worth a shot! 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So true, the league just doesn’t want to know, la la la la, I’m not listening... did you say ratings... ?

Go Bills!!!

8 minutes ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

1231d07ca52a4a5ca98d72132a0c0e6f_md.jpg

This place is so special ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Appreciate the link, thanks. But that was painful to watch. If he can get his hands on somebody he can neutralize them, but his mobility is shot; just no footwork to speak of. That said, if it’s just a question of getting healthy in order to regain his movement, then like others have said, we just may have something.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Washington offensive lineman Trey Adams

Adams, who is 6-foot-8 and 314 pounds, might have been the best lineman in the Pac-12 two years ago but knee and back surgeries derailed his college career. A disastrous combine didn't help. He had a 5.6-second 40-yard dash, a 24.5-inch vertical leap and a 7-foot-8 broad jump, among the worst at the combine. Adams had several offers, before deciding on the Bills.

In terms a UDFA this looks like a great pickup

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love this for an UDFA. The chances are he’s shot and won’t recover. If he does however it’s a home run. Adams was a top talent not that long ago. Great work by the Bills on this one.

Kind of reminds me of when the Pats grabbed Cannon while he was recovering from lymphoma.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Appreciate the link, thanks. But that was painful to watch. If he can get his hands on somebody he can neutralize them, but his mobility is shot; just no footwork to speak of. That said, if it’s just a question of getting healthy in order to regain his movement, then like others have said, we just may have something.

I’d give him the season on the PS to develop that and show progress at the next level. Everything within the UDFA context, no harm if nothing comes of it, and an excellent bonus if something does.

• Like (+1) 1