Astro’s Bills Draft Recap

4 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Mostly because 99% of NFL teams find their kickers without wasting draft capital to do it. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just unusual. We'll see how it works out. The Bills once drafted Gary Anderson, who turned out to be on an all decade team and might still be the leading scorer in Steeler history, and cut him in training camp. Sometimes it's easier to evaluate kickers when they've been elsewhere and many times they perform better in games once they've had some experience.

Yea because Mr. Anderson tanked camp because he did not want to play in Buffalo and likely told them I will not likely be better in season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yea because Mr. Anderson tanked camp because he did not want to play in Buffalo and likely told them I will not likely be better in season.

That is still one of the most amazing stories in Bills’ history. He purposely missed EVERY FG kick they sent him out for in preseason because he didn’t want to play for Buffalo. The Bills cut him and he goes to the Steelers where he suddenly regains his form and goes on to become one of the all- time great kickers.

Imagine a guy pulling that stunt today. Social media would roast him alive and he would be ostracized from the league.

19 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I still don't get the kicker pick with the players Astro listed on the board. 

At that point it's about who do you think has a chance to make the roster?  Beane said as much.  Getting a young K in here was a priority.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, Logic said:

I have no problem — absolutely none — with using a sixth round pick on a kicker. Further, I would suggest that Bass has a better chance to make the 53-man roster than, say, a linebacker or safety would have. 

In in terms of chances of sticking on the final roster and the long term impact they’ll have on a team, kickers beat special teams-only late round players.

UHHHHHHHH....

Isn't Bass a special teams-only late round player??

On 4/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Thanks for that. I thoroughly enjoyed that read. Brandon Bean is really good at his job!

• Like (+1) 1