Cal's Post Draft Grades (Mod edited) LAMP!!!!

Cal

AJ Epenesa - Love this pick, surprise he dropped to us. Is a better pass rusher than people give him credit and is great against the run....and you don't have to worry about this guy putting in effort. GRADE A

Zach Moss - At first i was not super excited about this pick...but after looking at some more tape. He is low to the ground downhill runner with some power. GRADE B

Gabriel Davis - Not a big fan of this pick. Did most of his damage against lower level teams and nothing pops when you see the tape. GRADE D

Jake Fromm - Worst pick in the draft for us. My buddy went to Georgia and I seen a lot of Fromm. He has a noodle arm. Benefited from playing on a powerhouse team. No way he will be able the cut the ball through Buffalo wind. This looks like a McDermott pick to me. GRADE F

Tyler Bass - We need a kicker, and he may he the best one in the draft. GRADE A

Isiah Hodgins - Great pick. Made some outstanding catches and high points the ball well. Could be the steal of the draft for us, needs more development. GRADE A

Dane Jackson - Looks pretty solid...and we could use some depth at CB. GRADE B

For the record I have no problem with the Bills drafting a QB. Backup QB is very important in the NFL especially now with all the mobile QBs. There were better options for Buffalo than Fromm. Believe me.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which QB should we have taken instead of Fromm?

I don't know if I would of went QB at that point. I liked Morgan and Eason but I believe they were both gone. Maybe could of gone and got a FA QB like Glennon and if Dalton gets released I would of loved that. I expect Barkley to win backup spot and Fromm to PS.

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't know if I would of went QB at that point. I liked Morgan and Eason but I believe they were both gone. Maybe could of gone and got a FA QB like Glennon and if Dalton gets released I would of loved that. I expect Barkley to win backup spot and Fromm to PS.

Glennon.  LOL.

Dalton isn’t coming to Buffalo to be the backup

sorry, but I don’t believe you.  I believe Beane. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

OP just likes the Big 10 more than the SEC. 

I wondered why Jake Fromm though.

Well is that’s true he should stop evaluating college talent now. SEC by far has more superior talent than the Big 10.

i do think the circumstances this year forced many front offices to fall back on conference bias. If all things SEEMED equal, like stats and physical measurements,  take the player that played against better talent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Glennon.  LOL.

Dalton isn’t coming to Buffalo to be the backup

sorry, but I don’t believe you.  I believe Beane. 

You'll see. Follow blindly, I don't care.

32 minutes ago, Cal said:

AJ Epenesa - Love this pick, surprise he dropped to us. Is a better pass rusher than people give him credit and is great against the run....and you don't have to worry about this guy putting in effort. GRADE A

Zach Moss - At first i was not super excited about this pick...but after looking at some more tape. He is low to the ground downhill runner with some power. GRADE B

Gabriel Davis - Not a big fan of this pick. Did most of his damage against lower level teams and nothing pops when you see the tape. GRADE D

Jake Fromm - Worst pick in the draft for us. My buddy went to Georgia and I seen a lot of Fromm. He has a noodle arm. Benefited from playing on a powerhouse team. No way he will be able the cut the ball through Buffalo wind. This looks like a McDermott pick to me. GRADE F

Isiah Hodgins - Great pick. Made some outstanding catches and high points the ball well. Could be the steal of the draft for us, needs more development. GRADE A

For the record I have no problem with the Bills drafting a QB. Backup QB is very important in the NFL especially now with all the mobile QBs. There were better options for Buffalo than Fromm. Believe me.

How do you grade Dane Jackson when you just learned about him yesterday? 

If you're pretending you know anything about this dude, you lose cred.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How do you grade Dane Jackson when you just learned about him yesterday? 

If you're pretending you know anything about this dude, you lose cred.

Watched a little on him after we drafted him

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Cal said:

You'll see. Follow blindly, I don't care.

You’re the one that said there are plenty of other options We could’ve drafted......then proceeded to talked about 2 QBs that we’re selected before Fromm.

then you mentioned Mike Glennon......

then you mentioned a QB that would likely never sign here.

if I’m following blindly, your leading like a brainless mute.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

You’re the one that said there are plenty of other options We could’ve drafted......then proceeded to talked about 2 QBs that we’re selected before Fromm.

Options as a player. Not necessarily a QB. Maybe a LB to add depth. We will revisit this in September and see where your boy Fromm is.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Glennon is better than Fromm. 

I like the Fromm pick simply because QB is so hard to project. He could be Peterman or he could be Cousins. I like taking fliers on guys even if you have one already as long as it’s not too high of a pick. 

the only pick I didn’t like too much was Davis

Also, just a reminder that Fromm beat out Fields and Eason as a rookie 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Awful analysis especial with the Gabriel Davis pick. Just awful.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am excited by the Fromm pick; the kid is an over-achiever who has beaten the odds at GA; his teammates love him; his twitter profile name is hilarious;...Jake Fromm State Farm.

The kid works very-very hard and is very smart (highest wonderlic score for all QBs this year) makes quick 1-2-3 reads and has played at the highest level of college football; is very humble and hungry...and gosh darn it has made an excellent first impression FWIW.

Same agency as Josh so they are already introducing and texting on day one; Fromm is going to add to the qb room with questions and insights so I see this as a plus as well as learning from the others.  Jake has the team first personality so I don't see the kid pouting over sitting as backup.

I betcha that the Pats would have taken him right after us in the draft as he is the kind of guy BB desires as Pats ended-up not drafting a qb to which BB says "not by design"...

Ying-yang with Josh, the uber athlete and Jake the uber intellect.

I see Jake as more of a west coast qb, where they could possibly script 8-10-12 plays for him to come in as a change of pace to give Josh a break of if he does something stupid. 

Could this be a Kelly-Reich mutually beneficial relationship that last several enjoyable years ??? hopefully

As far as arm strength, sure, but how many long throws did Josh make last year given that he only long sporadically and inaccurately ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

I am excited by the Fromm pick; the kid is an over-achiever who has beaten the odds at GA; his teammates love him; his twitter profile name is hilarious;...Jake Fromm State Farm.

The kid works very-very hard and is very smart (highest wonderlic score for all QBs this year) makes quick 1-2-3 reads and has played at the highest level of college football; is very humble and hungry...and gosh darn it has made an excellent first impression FWIW.

Same agency as Josh so they are already introducing and texting on day one; Fromm is going to add to the qb room with questions and insights so I see this as a plus as well as learning from the others.  Jake has the team first personality so I don't see the kid pouting over sitting as backup.

I betcha that the Pats would have taken him right after us in the draft as he is the kind of guy BB desires as Pats ended-up not drafting a qb to which BB says "not by design"...

Ying-yang with Josh, the uber athlete and Jake the uber intellect.

I see Jake as more of a west coast qb, where they could possibly script 8-10-12 plays for him to come in as a change of pace to give Josh a break of if he does something stupid. 

Could this be a Kelly-Reich mutually beneficial relationship that last several enjoyable years ??? hopefully

As far as arm strength, sure, but how many long throws did Josh make last year given that he only long sporadically and inaccurately ?

Guys from much smaller schools went ahead of Fromm for a reason. He is like John Parker Wilson was from Alabama or even Murray recently from Georgia. Benefited from the talent around him. He is a practice squad guy in the NFL.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Which QB should we have taken instead of Fromm?

Someone that can actually be able to throw in NewEra would be nice.

This kid is the same as Barkley...will not be able to hack it in Buffalo, and maybe not anywhere.

It's a 5th rounder, so I don't care too much...just think it's a wasted pick.

• Like (+1) 1