My Thoughts on the Draft.

MAJBobby

On 4/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Mat68 said:

Im suprised by Hodges.  His athletic profile is bizare to say the least.  Has elite movement on a tall lanky frame.  I think he could become our big slot very quickly.  

Hopefully better, but, similar to David Nelson being a tall slot WR with good hands?

17 hours ago, hjnick said:

Great analysis and writeup...

Couple of things:

1) RBs better get used to having more competition constantly.  I'm hoping that Beane drafts a RB in every draft and creates a whole stable of RBs to run.  Play the best one and if they need a breather, bring in the second one.  We need to keep fresh young legs in the backfield...

2) IMO, Fromm was a good pick.  He looks like he can be a more than adequate backup in the NFL.  Also, (I'm not hoping this) if Josh Allen doesn't work out like we all hope he does, we will have a QB with 2 years of experience under his belt and we can put in if needed.  I think this is a good backup insurance policy at QB.

3) What I like about our WRs is they were their teams #1 receiver (UCF and Oregon State).  So they got the other teams best CB every week.  Look at the production these guys produced for their teams.  I'm not saying they will do the same in the NFL, but I feel pretty confident they will compete for WR spots 4,5,6.

Agreed with all!

• Like (+1) 1

Another thought is the Best pick is the ones they didnt.

2 times Beane said he was trying to trade up - Didnt happen

1 time Beane said an offer to move back that included a future pick (didnt make the move)

I'm confident that Beane knew what he was doing in drafting Gabriel Davis over Gandy-Golden.   The later has gotten the Redskins much kudos for getting the steal of the draft... and he was sitting there for Buffalo.