Post-Draft Roster Predictions

19 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

My best shot:

QB: (3) Allen/Barkely/Fromm 

Rb: (3) Singletary/Moss/Jones (I think Yeldon might be gone, he was inactive all year, and Jones helps special teams. Who knows how Wade has progressed, he likely won't make it, but it is possible.)

FB: (1) Gillam (Could be a surprise here- the versatility of Gillam might unseat Dimarco, plus if he makes it, we could carry 3 TEs instead of 4)

TE: (3) Knox/Kroft/Sweeney (Not convinced we won't keep Smith, but I hope we cut him)

Wr: (7) Diggs/Brown/Beasely/ Davis/McKenzie/Hodgins/Roberts (If we keep the rest of the offense like that, I could see keeping 7 Wr, Davis and Hodgins mean Duke is gone.)

OT: (4) Dawkins/Ford/Nseke/Williams (Pretty easy group)

IOL: (5) Spain/Morse/Feliciano/Long/Bates (Bates has flexibility to OT too.)

DT: (5) Lotulelei/Butler/Jefferson/Oliver/Phillips

DE: (4) Hughes/Addison/Epenesa/Murphy

Lb: (6) Edmunds/Milano/Klein/Thompson/ Matakevich/Joseph

CB: (5) White/Wallace/Norman/T. Johnson/Jackson (Gaines is too injury prone, might not even make it through camp healthy)

S: Hyde/Poyer/Neal/J. Johnson 

K: Bass

P: Bojorquez 

LS: Ferguson

Think this is pretty close. 

QB: Allen,  Fromm (2)

RB: Singletary, Moss, T. Jones, Yeldon (4)

WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Davis. Hodgins,  McKenzie (7)

TE: Knox, Kroft, Sweeney (3)

OG: Feliciano, Spain, Long, Boehm (4)

OT: Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Bates, Williams (5)

OC: Morse (1)

DL: Oliver, Phillips, Lotulelei, Butler, Jefferson  (5)

DE: Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Murphy, Johnson (5)

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Matakevich, V. Josheph, Thompson (6)

CB: White, Norman, Wallace, Johnson, Jackson (5)

S: Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Johnson, Marlowe (5)

K: Huashcka (1)

P: Bojorquez (1)

LS: Fergusson (1)

Offense: 26

Defense: 26

ST: 3

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

QB: Allen,  Fromm (2)

RB: Singletary, Moss, T. Jones, Yeldon (4)

WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Davis. Hodgins,  McKenzie (7)

TE: Knox, Kroft, Sweeney (3)

OG: Feliciano, Spain, Long, Boehm (4)

OT: Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Bates, Williams (5)

OC: Morse (1)

DL: Oliver, Phillips, Lotulelei, Butler, Jefferson  (5)

DE: Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Murphy, Johnson (5)

LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Matakevich, V. Josheph, Thompson (6)

CB: White, Norman, Wallace, Johnson, Jackson (5)

S: Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Johnson, Marlowe (5)

K: Huashcka (1)

P: Bojorquez (1)

LS: Fergusson (1)

Offense: 26

Defense: 26

ST: 3

Pretty good take here. I’ll take Bass over Hausch and Murphy will get cut and a surprise UDFA will make it. 

I can tell you for sure that people that don’t have Hodgins on their final are wrong. He’s better than Tee Higgins and will 100% make the roster. 

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Hauschka is done.  Leg not strong enuf to kick in NFL any longer.  In today's NFL you have to be able to consistently make from 55.  Bass will end up being our Butker or Lutz.  Anyone know where Blankenship from UGA ended up signing?  

Haus was excellent in houston game.

Finished on a high note.

57 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Pretty good take here. I’ll take Bass over Hausch and Murphy will get cut and a surprise UDFA will make it. 

I can tell you for sure that people that don’t have Hodgins on their final are wrong. He’s better than Tee Higgins and will 100% make the roster. 

Bass needs to show a lot in TC to make Hauschka expendable, I don't think he will. Hauschka had troubles mid season, but he finished the year on a high note, though I can see parting ways with Hauschka only for cap reasons.

McD is a great believer in keeping his defensive front fresh, so I can see Murphy making the team at first.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Bass needs to show a lot in TC to make Hauschka expendable, I don't think he will. Hauschka had troubles mid season, but he finished the year on a high note, though I can see parting ways with Hauschka only for cap reasons.

McD is a great believer in keeping his defensive front fresh, so I can see Murphy making the team at first.

I don’t think so and Beane even alluded to it. Bass was drafted with the intention of taking the job. Unless he falls on his face it is his job to lose. He has a massive leg and was considered the top kicker in the draft. He wasn’t drafted to be cut and end up on someone else’s roster. 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Can someone explain exactly how guys 54 & 55 work? Are they protected? 

Yea and for me please.... I am totally confused.

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think so and Beane even alluded to it. Bass was drafted with the intention of taking the job. Unless he falls on his face it is his job to lose. He has a massive leg and was considered the top kicker in the draft. He wasn’t drafted to be cut and end up on someone else’s roster. 

From what Beane said yesterday it will either be Hausch and they will keep the Scandinavian for kick offs and long FGs or it is Bass. That is where they are at with Hausch. They think he basically can't handle the whole job. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

Whatcha got, Bills fans? I need help with mine:

K (1): Hauschka

P (1): Bojorquez

LS (1): Ferguson

QB (2): Allen, Barkley

RB (4): Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Jones

FB (1): DiMarco

WR (6): Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Roberts

TE (3): Kroft, Knox, Sweeney

T (4): Dawkins, Williams, Nsekhe, Ford

G (3): Spain, Feliciano, Boehm

C (2): Morse, Long

DT (5): Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Lotulelei, Phillips

DE (5): Hughes, Epenesa, Addison, Murphy, D. Johnson

LB (6): Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Thompson, Matakevich, Joseph

S (4): Hyde, Poyer, Neal, J. Johnson

CB (5): White, Wallace, T. Johnson, Norman, Gaines

My analysis: I had to cut too much talent! I couldn't even fit the last 4 draft picks (Fromm, Bass, Hodgins, Jackson) on the final 53, and it's probably not safe to store any of them on the practice squad. Wade and Foster also have too much natural talent to leave off the roster.

My conclusion: Goodell needs to cancel the 2020 NFL season immediately, but it has nothing to do with the coronavirus. The Buffalo Bills have already won the 55th Super Bowl with their roster additions. Brandon Beane is a GM magician who has mastered the dark arts of pro football roster assembly.

nice attempt. Unlike last year when a majority of the 53 was set after the draft - this time there will be some competition to get into the 53.

K (1): Bass that leg is just too strong - and he was reasonably accurate to actually give Haushka a run for his money

QB (3): Allen, Barkley, Fromm (we cant go with 2 QBs on the roster ever - too important a position)

RB (4): Singletary, Moss, Wade, Jones (Jones over Yeldon since he contributes on ST)

FB (0): no more DiMarco

WR (7): Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Williams, McKenzie, Foster, Roberts (will be hard for Davis and Hodgins to crack the roster this year - maybe next - also no one else has Foster's speed for ST)

TE (3): Knox, Kroft, Sweeney - Knox is #1 on the depth chart and no Smith please

T (4): Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Adams - Daryl Williams has a contract that one can easily walk away from & Bates can play T.

G (3): Spain, Feliciano, Bates (Ford and Long can play inside)

DT (4): Oliver, Butler, Lotulelei, Phillips - Jefferson can play DT if necessary

DE (5): Hughes, Epenesa, Addison, Jefferson, Murphy - replace Murphy with D. Johnson if Murphy is traded

LB (5): Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Matakevich, Joseph

EDIT: OMG, FORGOT about the 55 man roster for 2020 season. Add Gillam / DiMarco and Dane Jackson (cant have enough CBs) to the roster to make it 55!

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's hard for me to think that Beane would put a rookie kicker after he went all in this year.

Edited by Fixxxer

Note to those putting the roster at 55: The roster is still 53. The 55 is from 2 practice squad players that are brought up on Sunday every week to the active roster, and then returned. These players can be poached! For this exercise, treat the roster as 53 players, and if you want to, designate a couple practice squad eligible players to be those 2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

It's hard for me to think that Beane would put a rookie kicker after he went all in this year.

That is all in. He wouldn’t have drafted him if his expectation was cutting him. He took a shot on an elite talent with the hopes of upgrading the kicking game. He wasn’t an UDFA. They drafted 2 more players after him. Bass was a priority. They didn’t use that asset to cut him where he will almost certainly end up on someone else’s active roster. He saw a chance to upgrade and took it. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say he was planning on that going into the draft. He may have had Mann targeted as well but he went too soon. I don’t think Hauschka or Bojorquez are on the roster this year. They want more power and more consistency. 

8 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Note to those putting the roster at 55: The roster is still 53. The 55 is from 2 practice squad players that are brought up on Sunday every week to the active roster, and then returned. These players can be poached! For this exercise, treat the roster as 53 players, and if you want to, designate a couple practice squad eligible players to be those 2.

That was my question. Basically someone Fromm and Davis (as an example) will be on the 53 not players 54 & 55. The Bills won’t expose those guys to getting poached. That changes the roster building strategy some. Thanks @Watkins101!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

My best shot:

QB: (3) Allen/Barkely/Fromm 

Rb: (3) Singletary/Moss/Jones (I think Yeldon might be gone, he was inactive all year, and Jones helps special teams. Who knows how Wade has progressed, he likely won't make it, but it is possible.)

FB: (1) Gillam (Could be a surprise here- the versatility of Gillam might unseat Dimarco, plus if he makes it, we could carry 3 TEs instead of 4)

TE: (3) Knox/Kroft/Sweeney (Not convinced we won't keep Smith, but I hope we cut him)

Wr: (7) Diggs/Brown/Beasely/ Davis/McKenzie/Hodgins/Roberts (If we keep the rest of the offense like that, I could see keeping 7 Wr, Davis and Hodgins mean Duke is gone.)

OT: (4) Dawkins/Ford/Nseke/Williams (Pretty easy group)

IOL: (5) Spain/Morse/Feliciano/Long/Bates (Bates has flexibility to OT too.)

DT: (5) Lotulelei/Butler/Jefferson/Oliver/Phillips

DE: (4) Hughes/Addison/Epenesa/Murphy

Lb: (6) Edmunds/Milano/Klein/Thompson/ Matakevich/Joseph

CB: (5) White/Wallace/Norman/T. Johnson/Jackson (Gaines is too injury prone, might not even make it through camp healthy)

S: Hyde/Poyer/Neal/J. Johnson 

K: Bass

P: Bojorquez 

LS: Ferguson

D johnson de must stay

Edited by John from Riverside

When I look at this roster, I agree with this updated roster more as I would not risk either of the drafted receivers going to the Practice squad. But can someone explain why we are keeping both Roberts and McKenzie? I just don't think either brings much to the team. I would keep Foster over these guys because of what he did on special teams and he has shown that he can be an effective receiver. I was always rooting for Duke but I do think this draft will make him not needed.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Hauschka is done.  Leg not strong enuf to kick in NFL any longer.  In today's NFL you have to be able to consistently make from 55.  Bass will end up being our Butker or Lutz.  Anyone know where Blankenship from UGA ended up signing?  

Blankenship went to the Colts. Will compete with our UDFA from last year Chase McGlaughlin.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Blankenship went to the Colts. Will compete with our UDFA from last year Chase McGlaughlin.

Thanks for that info.  That should be a real interesting competition.  I guess Vinitieri is done, just in time for his 50th bday.  The George Blanda of the modern era.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

Whatcha got, Bills fans? I need help with mine:

K (1): Hauschka

QB (2): Allen, Barkley

RB (4): Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Jones

FB (1): DiMarco

WR (6): Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Roberts

TE (3): Kroft, Knox, Sweeney

T (4): Dawkins, Williams, Nsekhe, Ford

G (3): Spain, Feliciano, Boehm

DT (5): Oliver, Butler, Jefferson, Lotulelei, Phillips

DE (5): Hughes, Epenesa, Addison, Murphy, D. Johnson

LB (6): Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Thompson, Matakevich, Joseph

The only two changes I make to this are substituting McKenzie for Hodgins at WR and substituting TE Lee Smith for DE Trent Murphy, who I think will be a cap cut.