Rank the AFC Teams as of Now

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was tempted to put the Bills in their own tier right after KC and Baltimore. For me the Bills are right there with them but the schedule this year is really tough. That’s what pushed them into tier 2 for me.

The Ravens are just overloaded with talent. They remind me of that 49er team years ago. 

Edited by FireChans

People still pretending that Big Ben wasn't horrific in his appearances last year before a gruesome throwing arm elbow injury that drove him to look like Matt Patricia.

Steelers have a nice roster, but zero at quarterback.

Edited by arcane

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Ravens are just overloaded with talent. They remind me of that 49er team years ago. 

I agree. They had a really strong draft too. They have talent and depth. I thought that they may take a 1/2 step back this year but changed my mind again after this weekend. They really are loaded.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. They had a really strong draft too. They have talent and depth. I thought that they may take a 1/2 step back this year but changed my mind again after this weekend. They really are loaded.

Campbell was such a clutch add. Jake Fromm is the next Brady, but I would have traded that pick for Campbell.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd drop the Browns one slot and potentially the Dolphins one slot.

What do people see in the Broncos? I would put them at 10. They went 7-9 last year and why should we expect them to be better? Do people have a lot of confidence in Drew Lock?

Lock played well when he went in and they lost a lot of tight games last year. They have one of the best young receivers in the league and an ascending tight end. They added serious weapons and they have a coach who never has a bad defense. Denver will be good. 

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

People still pretending that Big Ben wasn't horrific in his appearances last year before a gruesome throwing arm elbow injury that drove him to look like Matt Patricia.

Steelers have a nice roster, but zero at quarterback.

He was already hurt and trying to play through it for a game and a half. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

You have the colts wayyy to low. They will be competing for the #2 seed, they are loaded and we'll coached. 

Ravens will take a big step back imo. A lot of QBs regress in year three, I expect that to be the case for Lamar. Still not sold on him as a QB.

You think Rivers has anything left? I have always been a fan but he looked like final season Manning to me last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I basically agree with this ranking, but unlike a bunch of other folks I think the Bills are closer to the Ravens than they are to the Steelers/Broncos.  

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. For all anyone knows Ben could be done and I don’t think the Broncos are anything.

1. Chiefs (the champs)

2. Ravens 

3. Bills 

4. Steelers 

5. Broncos 

6. Titans

7. Texans

8. Jets

9. Browns 

10. Colts 

11. Raiders

12. Patriots

13. Dolphins 

14. Chargers 

15. Jaguars 

16. Bengals 

Swapped Jets and Pats. To me the Patriots feel like when the Bills Superbowl team started to dismantle. Watching my favorite star players move on and play for other teams was terrible.. but after playing so well for so many years it just seemed like enough talent was left to plug in the holes and keep moving forward. Then Todd Collins happened and the rest is bitter history.

49 minutes ago, Chemical said:

1) there’s no guarantee he will improve. I personally think he will, but plenty of QBs have regressed or plateaued at age 24 for various reasons. His stats should at least improve with Diggs. 

2) the game day stuff is THE gripe. It was all last season. Even dating back to the Colts overtime win in the snow. McDermott just wants the game to be over the second we get a lead even if it’s the first half.

Some posters called it out all last season even in wins, saying that kind of thinking will cost is games in the future. Those people were told to shut up and enjoy the wins, but what happened in the playoffs? You can blame the refs or take a critical look at your team. 

3) I’d be legitimately interested to compare the Bills’ record against playoff teams with other top teams to see if there’s a statistically significant difference. 

edit: having said all that I put the bills behind KC, BAL, IND, HOU, TEN

The Bills can't have lost to the Texans both because they were too conservative with the lead AND because they threw it too much instead of pounding Singletary. 

I hear both criticisms on here consistently. Only one can be true. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Campbell was such a clutch add. Jake Fromm is the next Brady, but I would have traded that pick for Campbell.

Ha ha, I hope you’re right on Fromm.

Baltimore, outside of maybe WR, is just a really good roster. They are big, physical and have players up and down the depth chart. I do think that their division is better across the board but they should still be there at the end. That division improvement though may prevent them from the bye. That is going to be a big advantage this year. If the Bills played last year’s schedule with this year’s team I may have them as the favorite to land the bye. 

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Titans 

4. Ravens

5. Patriots (I think we are better, but have to beat them first).

6. Bills

7. Colts

8. Texans

9. Raiders

10. Broncos

11. Jets

12. Browns

13. Bengals

14. Chargers 

15. Jaguars 

16. Dolphins

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They went 14-2 last year and kept their team largely intact.  Plus they added Campbell and had a very good draft.  Even though they laid an egg last year in the playoffs, I don't see them regressing from last year.

Ravens are going to run on everyone next year.

Texans fall out of top 10.

Broncos on the move. 

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I hope you’re right on Fromm.

Baltimore, outside of maybe WR, is just a really good roster. They are big, physical and have players up and down the depth chart. I do think that their division is better across the board but they should still be there at the end. That division improvement though may prevent them from the bye. That is going to be a big advantage this year. If the Bills played last year’s schedule with this year’s team I may have them as the favorite to land the bye. 

Last year's schedule, this team, and Brady gone. Yes. Even as a reduced threat last year probably his best game came against the Bills! Some things never change haha. 

4 hours ago, eball said:

The only thing keeping the Bills from being ranked in the top tier with the Ravens and Chiefs is any remaining skepticism about Josh Allen's development.  That's it.  Otherwise, from top to bottom the roster matches up with anyone in the league.  If you're a Josh Allen believer you put the Bills right there with them; if you think he'll stay what he was last season then they are still a top 6 team in the conference.

pretty much. at this point Allen is the only thing holding this team back from being a super bowl contender 

Edited by Penfield45

55 minutes ago, Cal said:

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Titans 

4. Ravens

5. Patriots (I think we are better, but have to beat them first).

6. Bills

7. Colts

8. Texans

9. Raiders

10. Broncos

11. Jets

12. Browns

13. Bengals

14. Chargers 

15. Jaguars 

16. Dolphins

This is slowly becoming a pet peeve of mine. Why does every team get evaluated on who they are today but the Patriots get evaluated on who they’ve been for 20 years? If you think we are better we should be higher than them. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is slowly becoming a pet peeve of mine. Why does every team get evaluated on who they are today but the Patriots get evaluated on who they’ve been for 20 years? If you think we are better we should be higher than them. 

I do understand it. You gotta beat the bully before you can say you stood up to him. If Brady was still there I would even subscribe to it. But he isn't. And they went from still a top 10 QB situation to the 32nd QB situation. That has to factor in. 

2 hours ago, Process said:

You have the colts wayyy to low. They will be competing for the #2 seed, they are loaded and we'll coached. 

Ravens will take a big step back imo. A lot of QBs regress in year three, I expect that to be the case for Lamar. Still not sold on him as a QB.

Meh...I think the Titans are better.  I'm not sold Rivers still has it.  I'm definitely sold he doesn't have the weapons he had in San Di... excuse me, L.A.  Hilton is going to be 31 and has lost steps.  And Mack can't stay on the field.   

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

pretty much. at this point Allen is the only thing holding this team back from being a super bowl contender 

I don’t think that he’s holding them back from that. I think it’s unknown whether he can take another step. He isn’t a hole though. He’s an unknown.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Meh...I think the Titans are better.  I'm not sold Rivers still has it.  I'm definitely sold he doesn't have the weapons he had in San Di... excuse me, L.A.  Hilton is going to be 31 and has lost steps.  And Mack can't stay on the field.   

They did draft two excellent players. But I agree overall. Rivers looks done to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills can't have lost to the Texans both because they were too conservative with the lead AND because they threw it too much instead of pounding Singletary. 

I hear both criticisms on here consistently. Only one can be true. 

running Frank Gore was more the issue for me 

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

running Frank Gore was more the issue for me 

The ones the QB checked into you mean? Gore was out there because he was the superior pass protector. Blame Beane for insisting on having a fella who was done on the roster.