Rank the AFC Teams as of Now

The only team I won’t feel great about playing is the Chiefs. 
I’m not saying the Bills beat everyone else, but there is literally not a team from the AFC or NFC that the Bills can’t beat. The Bills roster is as well put together as any other in the NFL.  Baltimore is not better than the Bills.  I think Lamar is going to look like he did in his last game of the year a lot in 2020. 

Also the Pats today have the worst QB room in the league. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm more of a tier guy.  I think the Browns are going to be better than people think.

Tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2 - Bills, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Titans

Tier 3 - Texans, Broncos, Patriots, Raiders, Jets, Chargers

Tier 4 - Dolphins, Bengals, Jaguars

• Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm more of a tier guy.  I think the Browns are going to be better than people think.

Tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

i like this, but in mine, ravens belong in tier 2

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

I like this too

tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

tier 2 - Bills, Steelers, Browns

tier 3 - Colts, Broncos, Titans, Texans 

tier 4 - Chargers, Dolphins, Raiders, Pats

tier 5 - Jets, Bengals, Jags

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

They went 14-2 last year and kept their team largely intact.  Plus they added Campbell and had a very good draft.  Even though they laid an egg last year in the playoffs, I don't see them regressing from last year.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They went 14-2 last year and kept their team largely intact.  Plus they added Campbell and had a very good draft.  Even though they laid an egg last year in the playoffs, I don't see them regressing from last year.

I think they will have more losses. Ol Ben will be back with that defense, and the browns got a lot better too. it’s tough for me to see LJ having another mvp year with all that slug fest going on in that division

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Tier 1 - Chiefs, Ravens

Doc, nice take, but the Browns haven’t proven anything, and last year in the off season, talking heads were placing 5em in the AFC Championship game.  I agree the Colts should ascend this year, and the Texans looks like they will go back down.  If the Titans play like they did at the end of the year, they will be a serious contender.

• Like (+1) 1

The only thing keeping the Bills from being ranked in the top tier with the Ravens and Chiefs is any remaining skepticism about Josh Allen's development.  That's it.  Otherwise, from top to bottom the roster matches up with anyone in the league.  If you're a Josh Allen believer you put the Bills right there with them; if you think he'll stay what he was last season then they are still a top 6 team in the conference.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Controversial but:

1. Ravens - top to bottom the best roster in the NFL and a top 3 coach. Lamar can take a small step back and still have this team win 12 games. If Lamar is as good again they are potentially frightening. 

2. Chiefs - the best Quarterback in the NFL, and a host of weapons for him. The one weakness is their lines are not as strong as they could be. 

3. Bills - very solid roster, very well coached and with three players (including the Quarterback) who could be poised to really breakout. 

4. Steelers - their defense was legit last year and now they get Big Ben back. Well coached, good in the trenches. Slight question about weapons. 

5. Broncos - Vic Fangio can coach defense. And their offensive weaponary is frightening. If Drew Lock is even "decent" in his first year starting then Denver is going to win a lot of football games. 

6. Browns - their coaching has been upgraded and their roster was already talented. An upgraded offensive line should allow their offense to flourish. 

7. Titans - made the AFCCG last year but had some major losses in free agency and trades and reliant on Tannehill repeating a career year. Him regressing to the mean is more likely. 

8. Colts - lots are higher than me on them but Rivers looked totally done to me last season. Like their draft have a solid team. Question mark at Quarterback.

9. Patriots - they have one of the best secondaries in the NFL, their offensive line is strong and they have the GOAT in the headset. Quarterback and skill position players a major question. 

10. Texans - their roster looks like the roster of a team without a GM. It is a mess. But the one area they have got better in the last 12 months is offensive line and while they keep Watson upright they stay competitive. 

11. Dolphins - would expect their offensive line to be better, they have weapons and they improved their defense. Probably a year early for them to really compete a lot of it comes down to Tua. 

12. Raiders - looked like an ascending team the first half of 2019 but Carr remains inconsistent and I haven't loved their offseason approach. 

13. Jets -  they have some talent but coaching is an issue and three of their first four draft picks are big, raw, talents who will need time to develop.

14. Bengals - in an easier division the Bengals could make progress quickly. They had a great draft and still have some pieces in Green, Boyd and Mixon. Defense and oline remain suspect.

15. Chargers - two good receivers, two good pass rushers, two good corners and a swiss army knife back. Holes around that though and who plays Quarterback?

16. Jaguars - are they trying to reset this year or tank for Trevor? Haven't replaced like for like with the talent they lost. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

1. Chiefs (the champs)

2. Ravens 

3. Bills 

4. Steelers 

5. Broncos 

6. Titans

7. Texans

8. Patriots

9. Browns 

10. Colts 

11. Raiders

12. Jets

13. Dolphins 

14. Chargers 

15. Jaguars 

16. Bengals 

I'd drop the Browns one slot and potentially the Dolphins one slot.

What do people see in the Broncos? I would put them at 10. They went 7-9 last year and why should we expect them to be better? Do people have a lot of confidence in Drew Lock?

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the OP in that the only team I would be shocked to beat right now would be KC. Even the Ravens we played tough last season and gave the blue print for how the Titans beat them.

But at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to teams like the Browns, Steelers, even the Jets. The roster looks great right now with Diggs and potentially great 1-2 punch at RB, plus the extra experience for guys like Knox, but until we prove we can score points consistently I don't think we deserve to be one of the favourites in the AFC.

It's all down to Allen. If he can start hitting those deep balls and get going early in games consistently the sky is the limit. Not only will the Bills finally be considered a powerhouse in the AFC but I genuinely think Allen could put himself in the conversation for MVP. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I agree, the only team in tier 1 is KC. We almost beat the Ravens and I don't think we are a tier 1 team  just yet. Both the Bills and Ravens could be tier 1 but it all depends on both QB's improving their passing games.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree with the OP in that the only team I would be shocked to beat right now would be KC. Even the Ravens we played tough last season and gave the blue print for how the Titans beat them.

But at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to teams like the Browns, Steelers, even the Jets. The roster looks great right now with Diggs and potentially great 1-2 punch at RB, plus the extra experience for guys like Knox, but until we prove we can score points consistently I don't think we deserve to be one of the favourites in the AFC.

It's all down to Allen. If he can start hitting those deep balls and get going early in games consistently the sky is the limit. Not only will the Bills finally be considered a powerhouse in the AFC but I genuinely think Allen could put himself in the conversation for MVP. 

Lol the Jets. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

The only thing keeping the Bills from being ranked in the top tier with the Ravens and Chiefs is any remaining skepticism about Josh Allen's development.  That's it.  Otherwise, from top to bottom the roster matches up with anyone in the league.  If you're a Josh Allen believer you put the Bills right there with them; if you think he'll stay what he was last season then they are still a top 6 team in the conference.

The general consensus with fans around the league is that he's the only thing holding us back. I really am shocked by the hate he gets on a national level. I guess people just don't have time to watch all the games and rely on headline cliches to form their opinions. To hear people talk you'd think Allen was terrible. I heard someone say the other day that "if they had a decent QB they would have beat the Texans", like that game was all his fault. It's true the pressure got to him in that game, but it's like people remember the crazy lateral to Knox and forget the fact that he had them in FG range in OT before the penalty. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Lol the Jets. 

Talent wise we're miles above them but the fact is they were leading us LATE in the first game last season. Would you be outright shocked if we played week 1 and the Jets won? I wouldn't. I'd be pissed and disappointed but not shocked.

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The general consensus with fans around the league is that he's the only thing holding us back. I really am shocked by the hate he gets on a national level. I guess people just don't have time to watch all the games and rely on headline cliches to form their opinions. To hear people talk you'd think Allen was terrible. I heard someone say the other day that "if they had a decent QB they would have beat the Texans", like that game was all his fault. It's true the pressure got to him in that game, but it's like people remember the crazy lateral to Knox and forget the fact that he had them in FG range in OT before the penalty. 

Talent wise we're miles above them but the fact is they were leading us LATE in the first game last season. Would you be outright shocked if we played week 1 and the Jets won? I wouldn't. I'd be pissed and disappointed but not shocked.

They BARELY beat our second and third string in the season closer.