Jake Fromm on Netflix

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

QB1 is one of the great shows when there is no football on. 
The Fromm season is a good one. It does show more about his family and where he comes from. Not to mention his mom is very attractive .

I know I’m getting old when most of these draft picks’ mothers look as old as me (and I’m only 32).

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I know I’m getting old when most of these draft picks’ mothers look as old as me (and I’m only 32).

Haha. I’m in my mid 40’s. His mom I believe was a fitness instructor. Anyway she is probably 40 in the show, and there is nothing wrong with her. All of her sons are good athletes. The dad is a bit of a goof. Jake is very close with his grandpa. They still hunt together. 
Fromm is an ‘aw shucks’ country boy. He is also a fierce competitor, and very religious.

There are a lot worse guys you could have as your backup. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Haha. I’m in my mid 40’s. His mom I believe was a fitness instructor. Anyway she is probably 40 in the show, and there is nothing wrong with her. All of her sons are good athletes. The dad is a bit of a goof. Jake is very close with his grandpa. They still hunt together. 
Fromm is an ‘aw shucks’ country boy. He is also a fierce competitor, and very religious.

He seems like a great kid . Tate Martell on the other hand.... that show didn’t do him any favors 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He seems like a great kid . Tate Martell on the other hand.... that show didn’t do him any favors 

Agreed on Martell. And honestly was a foreshadowing for What’s happened to the kid. It’s a shame. Good show for all parents with kids in sports to watch. 
Fromm is as solid kid as you are gonna find. He really does love to hunt and fish. Hopefully Jimbo will give him the Mario Williams tour.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I came away from the first few episodes of QB1 marveling at how much Jake reminds me of Josh Allen, personality-wise

Genuinely a good dude, great family guy, hard worker, great leader, and there's no doubt the whole team follows/soaks up his leadership

Build-wise, he's got some broad-ass shoulders, like Jimbo used to. 

And JakefromStateFromm also showed some strong game with the ladies...

(as he posed as homecoming king w/ smokeshow queen)

"hey you know you're supposed to kiss me, right?"

no, i'm not, that's not how this works!

"you can act like you like me, ok? because we all both know it's true" ?

Definitely worth a watch now that he'll be ours for mere peanuts on a 4 year deal!

In the Process I do trust ?

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree about your take re both Fromm and Tate Martell in this show.  

I am a Miami Hurricane fan and watched this after he decided to transfer.  I think he has grown ups. some, but he did not come across well at all in that show. Fromm and his family, on the other hand, come across really well.

i watched all seasons a few weeks ago.  i came away thinking all those kids are annoying except Fromm.  I dont watch any college football but because of the show I was keeping an eye out on where Fromm would land.  I never thought it would be be the Bills.  When i saw his name called, I smiled.

• Like (+1) 2

Its an excellent show.  I originally watched it when his season first came out. And came away very impressed with Fromm. I'm now rewatching the season.

The show is fun for football, but it also brings back a lot of highschool nostalgia and just how quickly you go from being a kid to a man.  Highly recommend the show.

Its interesting too that Fromm held off competition from Justin Fields (who stars in season 2 of QB1) forcing Fields to transfer to Ohio State whee he went on to beat out Tate Martell (another QB featured in season 1).

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Beach said:

i watched all seasons a few weeks ago.  i came away thinking all those kids are annoying except Fromm. 

I do know what you mean on the other QBs; Fromm was far & away the most impressive & mature

In one of the first couple episodes, I remember him saying that he 'always goes for the pro QB look'

Not many HS kids command the whiteboard like he showed

In hindsight it's so easy to see why he took right over at UGA

• Like (+1) 2

It’s a good watch. Martell is ridiculously athletic but never made anything of himself at Ohio state/Miami

from is ridiculously competitive- his younger brother Tyler (TE at Auburn now) is the better athlete and is 6’5” now

Edited by Turbo44