Beane post-draft conference calls/interviews

28 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Don't we need another OT? If Ford moves inside, the only backup is Nsekhe

The Bills organization hasn't shown much interest in trying to move him inside especially before he has a chance to fail at tackle. 

It's the fans posting on message boards that keep wanting him to move inside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Williams is going to compete for a roster depth position.  

I can’t imagine the Bills wants to move Ford to guard. Think Williams will backup multiple spots if he makes the team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I can’t imagine the Bills wants to move Ford to guard. Think Williams will backup multiple spots if he makes the team.

I agree, that the Bills are giving the impression of confidence in Ford as their right tackle.  I suppose training camp could change that, but it seems to be the reason there was little apparent urgency to draft a tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thanks Yolo for what you do..,

Anyone want to speculate on the player they missed out on?

James Morgan went 4 picks earlier in the 4th..

i'm going to say we had a deal in place with the Cowboys and we were going to trade up for Jacob Eason, who went 1 pick in front of the Boys. That's just specualtion of course but Eason is the type of QB that the front office usually covets (Cam Newton/Josh Allen) which I was a little bit surprised to see them go Fromm since this offense looks like it's built for the long ball and Eason would have made alot of sense. I still like the Fromm pick alot and I don't think Barkley has a chance in hell to retain his job, just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

i'm going to say we had a deal in place with the Cowboys and we were going to trade up for Jacob Eason, who went 1 pick in front of the Boys. That's just specualtion of course but Eason is the type of QB that the front office usually covets (Cam Newton/Josh Allen) which I was a little bit surprised to see them go Fromm since this offense looks like it's built for the long ball and Eason would have made alot of sense. I still like the Fromm pick alot and I don't think Barkley has a chance in hell to retain his job, just my opinion.

I agree, think it was Eason too. Would have made a lot more sense than Fromm. Though I’m optimistic Fromm can become a solid backup in a few years.

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Colts 4th round # 122 - Eason. 

Cowboys 4th round # 123. 

Bills 4th round # 128 - Gabriel Davis. 

James Morgan QB went to the Jets at #125. Wonder if the Bills would have taken him at # 128. Sometimes the trades not happening turn out for the best. Time will tell. Reading about Eason, I can’t imagine he’d accept being a backup for long. Fromm is a football player who is just happy to be on a team. I think he’s an ideal #2.

You could be right. 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Colts 4th round # 122 - Eason. 

Cowboys 4th round # 123. 

Bills 4th round # 128 - Gabriel Davis. 

James Morgan QB went to the Jets at #125. Wonder if the Bills would have taken him at # 128. Sometimes the trades not happening turn out for the best. Time will tell. Reading about Eason, I can’t imagine he’d accept being a backup for long. Fromm is a football player who is just happy to be on a team. I think he’s an ideal #2.

You could be right. 

The reason i don't think it was James Morgan is that Beane said it was an NFC team he had a deal in place with, the only other NFC team was the Eagles and they were only 1 pick in front of us and if they wanted Morgan they could have traded with the Cowboys and got him. I'm happy with Fromm also, I think he can be an excellent player and teammate. If he becomes even more than that then hey we hit the mother load but to me I think he'll be a better version of Matt Barkley, a stable game manager who can win you some games which you can't ask for much more out of your backup.

• Like (+1) 1