Beane post-draft conference calls/interviews

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok questions! Who did they try to trade for? And who was higher on their board than Hodgins when they took him and why did they not take him?

Translated GM talk: We liked you. We think you can make it if you work your butt off. Get to work!!

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Beane has a trade worked out with an nfc team 3 or 4 spots ahead but the player was taken before that pick

Bryan Edwards fits that scenario in round 3. Cowboys four spots ahead of us. Edwards goes to the raiders the pick before 

But is he not talking about a pick today?

He said yesterday that they were trying to trade up to take Moss earlier in the third..

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Beane has a trade worked out with an nfc team 3 or 4 spots ahead but the player was taken before that pick

Bryan Edwards fits that scenario in round 3. Cowboys four spots ahead of us. Edwards goes to the raiders the pick before 

I believe he said yesterday they were trying to trade up to make sure they got Moss.  I'm thinking it might've been Eason in the 4th....?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

But is he not talking about a pick today?

He said yesterday that they were trying to trade up to take Moss earlier in the third..

Yes I mean if you listened to his zoom call you know it wasn’t the 2nd or 3rd round. I don’t think it was the 7th either so we’re looking at rounds 4-6. 4th round doesn’t fit what he said. Gabriel high on the board, picks 3-4 ahead we’re AFC teams so that leaves rounds 5 and 6.

The 5th round makes the most sense. They took the unexpected guy in Fromm, 4 picks ahead was the Bears. He admitted he wasn’t expecting to take Fromm, so the question is now who did they want that went off the board before them. 

The guys who make sense are # 158 Bryce Hall, # 162 Khaleke Hudson, and # 160 Nick Harris OL Washington made the most sense

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1