Bills UDFA thread. Signings only. Listed on pg. 9

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This is a general message. Do not take it personally, unless it applies to you (then please, take it personally)

Just spent time I'll never get back cleaning a bunch of religious and political not football related schtuff out of this thread.  If you find that your post has gone AWOL, please take the hint and refrain from similar posts on TSW going forward.  A little joking around or off-topic is one thing but this was drowning the thread.

There are literally thousands of places to discuss your love of or your disdain for religion, politics etc etc - but only a few places to discuss Buffalo Bills football. 

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Kind of upset I missed all the religious and political stuff the Mods apparently scrubbed from this thread. Love being at odds with my neighbors in WNY. Oh, well.

I guess let's talk about punters, then. My money is on the dual threat guy, Vedvik (sp?). 

Also intrigued by the hybrid FB/HB guy. Love me a good west coast-style movement H-Back, if that's in fact what he is. Little help on this one?

Gilliam, the TE/FB from Toledo, had very few catches in his career, but 6 blocked kicks or punts. Listed at 6'1, 255, he sounds intriguing indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:59 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Top Prospects still available...

• CB Manny Patterson, Maine
  • OG Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon
  • DT Tyler Clark, Georgia
  • LB Michael Pinckney, Miami
  • CB Kiante Hardin, Pittsburg State
  • S Jovante Moffatt, Middle Tennessee
  • TE Joey Magnifico, Memphis State
  • RB Dre Brown, Illinois
  • RB Lavante Bellamy, Western Michigan
  • DE/OLB Oluwole Betiku, Illinois
  • LB David Woodward, Utah State
  • P Michael Turk, Arizona State
  • WR Jeff Thomas, Miami
  • LB Jordan Mack, Virginia

Gotta get Joey Magnifico, am i right!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Kind of upset I missed all the religious and political stuff the Mods apparently scrubbed from this thread. Love being at odds with my neighbors in WNY. Oh, well.

I guess let's talk about punters, then. My money is on the dual threat guy, Vedvik (sp?). 

Also intrigued by the hybrid FB/HB guy. Love me a good west coast-style movement H-Back, if that's in fact what he is. Little help on this one?

It’s hard to tell. Gilliam looks to be a pretty good blocker from all accounts. Posted a combine video of himself running in the 4.5s but it is hard to say how accurate that is. I think out of our UDFA, Gilliam, Adams, and Williams seem most intriguing. Unless of course we decide to sign Turk. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeldon is still young, a 2nd round draft pick in 2015. People are so quick to think new is better...

Of whom are we supposed to be reminded?

Shady 

Yeldon hasn’t shown ability to break tackles, doesn’t play ST and couldn’t get on the field last year unless Singletary was hurt which i why i think he can and will be easily replaced regardless of where he was drafted. He just hasn’t proven anything with Jax or Buffalo to not have his roster spot challenged. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think it’s clear the Bills feel they can get better, younger, and cheaper at a couple positions. I expect Gilliam to take Dimarcos spot, Bass to take Hauschka, Epenesa to take Murphy, and maybe Antonio Williams taking Yeldons 

Unless the offseason get shortened, otherwise I agree

On 4/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, Logic said:

I'd trade ScottLaw's left arm for a punter!

His left arm is busy...

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think it’s clear the Bills feel they can get better, younger, and cheaper at a couple positions. I expect Gilliam to take Dimarcos spot, Bass to take Hauschka, Epenesa to take Murphy, and maybe Antonio Williams taking Yeldons 

For 2021.

This season, with abbreviated practices (however they play out) continuity will be a distinct advantage in the NFL.

24 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I'll be keeping an eye on Trey Adams. If healthy, he could stick. I suppose Reggie Gilliam has a shot too.

For Gilliam - 1.4 mil cap savings by cutting dimarco - keeping Gilliam would cost 600k so a savings of 800K.  Thats not enough to justify a roster move.  Its competition at its finest.  

Gilliam blocked 4 kicks at toledo, and is a high character type of player.  I don't see anything dimarco has done to guarantee anything.  No huge blocks, nothing major in the RZ, no big plays on offense and nothing super notable on special teams.  

Edited by dneveu

47 minutes ago, dneveu said:

For Gilliam - 1.4 mil cap savings by cutting dimarco - keeping Gilliam would cost 600k so a savings of 800K.  Thats not enough to justify a roster move.  Its competition at its finest.  

Gilliam blocked 4 kicks at toledo, and is a high character type of player.  I don't see anything dimarco has done to guarantee anything.  No huge blocks, nothing major in the RZ, no big plays on offense and nothing super notable on special teams.  

Hopefully Gilliam shows something and makes the practice squad. I think DiMarco plays out his contract honestly.