Bills UDFA thread. Signings only. Listed on pg. 9

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This is a general message. Do not take it personally, unless it applies to you (then please, take it personally)

Just spent time I'll never get back cleaning a bunch of religious and political not football related schtuff out of this thread.  If you find that your post has gone AWOL, please take the hint and refrain from similar posts on TSW going forward.  A little joking around or off-topic is one thing but this was drowning the thread.

There are literally thousands of places to discuss your love of or your disdain for religion, politics etc etc - but only a few places to discuss Buffalo Bills football. 

Go Bills!

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did we?  Did anyone?

He’s still unsigned. I personally would sign him and release the other guy, but doesn’t seem like Beane’s way.

turk:

46 yards per punt

bloodlines - Dad Matt punted in the NFL for 17 years

and  irrelevant but still impressive: 4.79 40 time and 25 reps on the bench.

pretty surprised he hasn’t signed with anybody as of yet

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Havent seen an update on that. He and the South Carolina punter still out there. Maybe we should all start tweeting at Turk to get him to come to Buffalo?

Not a bad idea. Does he have a twitter account?

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He’s still unsigned. I personally would sign him and release the other guy, but doesn’t seem like Beane’s way.

turk:

46 yards per punt

bloodlines - Dad Matt punted in the NFL for 17 years

and  irrelevant but still impressive: 4.79 40 time and 25 reps on the bench.

pretty surprised he hasn’t signed with anybody as of yet

Not a bad idea. Does he have a twitter account?

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelmpturk?lang=en

Religious dude

I think Turk is Pat McAfee without the schenanigans. 

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

The shanked punts are one issue. When he's having a bad day, his punts also have only two options. 

Option A is a very long punt, but he out-kicks his coverage and there's usually a decent return.

Option B is hangtime with a huge sacrifice to distance. 

The ideal punter would be able to do something in between. Like 50 yards with good hangtime is better than 65 with none or 42 with too much....and I'm not sure he's got that in the tool bag 

My view too.  I think Bojo is a leg with no real finesse.  Spec teams coordinator wants to rely on him for different kicks in different situations.  Coffin corner. Directional.  Hang time.  Low line drive types.   With Boji you never know what you're going to get. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

My view too.  I think Bojo is a leg with no real finesse.  Spec teams coordinator wants to rely on him for different kicks in different situations.  Coffin corner. Directional.  Hang time.  Low line drive types.   With Boji you never know what you're going to get. 

This hurts the coverage team as well

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Damn Shaw, now if he is still our punter I going to be thinking about a box of chocolates when he goes back to punt..

This may be an unpopular view but this guys religious fervor may be a turn off even for McDermott.  Not everybody is a believer or follower of  Turk's ideas. And a guy who is so religious and it seems to be his only subject can be a divider in a Lockerroom.  I don't have a problem with anybody's religion but I just dont want it shoved down my throat 24/7

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

This may be an unpopular view but this guys religious fervor may be a turn off even for McDermott.  Not everybody is a believer or follower of  Turk's ideas. And a guy who is so religious and it seems to be his only subject can be a divider in a Lockerroom.  I don't have a problem with anybody's religion but I just dont want it shoved down my throat 24/7

That’s a problem for Fromm as he thanked Jesus in his intro interviews, basically said God has a plan for him and, no matter what, has a place for heaven for him. Said this right after he said he can’t wait to fish and hunt in buffalo. Too funny 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Come on Beane....Turk should have been signed by now....or maybe you enjoy having the worst punter in the league? 

Maybe he thinks he has something in Vedvik?? After researching, 44.0 avg in his senior year and maybe can get better when fully concentrating on punting? He’s a huge dude too, 6,4” 220ish and would be the kickoff guy too if Hauskhe remains The kicker

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Maybe he thinks he has something in Vedvik?? After researching, 44.0 avg in his senior year and maybe can get better when fully concentrating on punting? He’s a huge dude too, 6,4” 220ish and would be the kickoff guy too if Hauskhe remains The kicker

It’s a trap. Vedvik has got a number of shots and sucks when the lights are on. From what I saw he was rugby punting in college a lot as well which gives guys a running start. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It’s a trap. Vedvik has got a number of shots and sucks when the lights are on. From what I saw he was rugby punting in college a lot as well which gives guys a running start. 

He didn't punt last year.  And was pretty good on KO's.  I guess in the absence of signing a guy, he's probably going to get the job.