Bills UDFA thread. Signings only. Listed on pg. 9

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This is a general message. Do not take it personally, unless it applies to you (then please, take it personally)

Just spent time I'll never get back cleaning a bunch of religious and political not football related schtuff out of this thread.  If you find that your post has gone AWOL, please take the hint and refrain from similar posts on TSW going forward.  A little joking around or off-topic is one thing but this was drowning the thread.

There are literally thousands of places to discuss your love of or your disdain for religion, politics etc etc - but only a few places to discuss Buffalo Bills football. 

Go Bills!

I wonder how much Trey and the Bills can do with respect to strength and conditioning to help Trey prevent a recurrence of his back injury issues.  The injury issue is the major obstacle that could prevent him from having a nice NFL career.

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Adams makes a ton of sense as an upside add. He’s got length, has had injury issues, but this is the kind of guy you bring along in your weight training program. Very Connor McDermott-ish with more upside. 

Yea he HAS to control his weight ratio. If he cab he has a chance to play in this league. Had a 5th on him surprised he went undrafted but not shocked.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he HAS to control his weight ratio. If he cab he has a chance to play in this league. Had a 5th on him surprised he went undrafted but not shocked.

Washington offensive lineman Trey Adams

Adams, who is 6-foot-8 and 314 pounds, might have been the best lineman in the Pac-12 two years ago but knee and back surgeries derailed his college career. A disastrous combine didn't help. He had a 5.6-second 40-yard dash, a 24.5-inch vertical leap and a 7-foot-8 broad jump, among the worst at the combine. Adams had several offers, before deciding on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Looks like Trey was 274 when he became a Huskey.   Doesnt look like they really forced him in college to train with weights.   After the lengthy recovery from back and knee surguries he lost his speed and athletism that made him so appealing.   He said that after going through all that it made him sit back and re-evaluate life and decide how much he really wanted to play football.   He also said that the hardest thing coming back from an injury is the mental aspect of trusting that your body is healed and everything is ok...he said mentally he feels great and completely trusts body.  Said he feels stronger than before....started all 13 games his final year.    

Hopefully just a case of getting his body built back up physically now.   

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Trey Adams to Bufffalo!! Huge get!!

Trey Adams....

maybe this is why he fell 

He fell because ause he had knee and back surgery and wasn’t the same as in pre injury

im fine signing him as a UDFA who may be a 2 yr project and see if he can return to form.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm still trying to figure out why so many think we need three punters on the roster.

I mean one guy blows and the other guy poops his pants under pressure and is a kicker switching to punter. So I feel like we have zero punters in the roster right now. 

If a punter is an obsession to a lot of people on here, then the Bills must have one helluva roster.

The Niners in their heyday NEVER had a good punter.

It really hurt them from winning a million SB's didn't it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I should add that Vedvik was a K/P in College so it isn’t like he’s never done it before. But banking on him being real competition is like thinking we’d be fine at QB with Jeff Teul. 

Just now, njbuff said:

If a punter is an obsession to a lot of people on here, then the Bills must have one helluva roster.

The Niners in their heyday NEVER had a good punter.

It really hurt them from winning a million SB's didn't it?

They never punted!

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I should add that Vedvik was a K/P in College so it isn’t like he’s never done it before. But banking on him being real competition is like thinking we’d be fine at QB with Jeff Teul. 

They never punted!

I don't think you wanna say that.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Adams makes a ton of sense as an upside add. He’s got length, has had injury issues, but this is the kind of guy you bring along in your weight training program. Very Connor McDermott-ish with more upside. 

Not according to his YouTube interview his ahem length is apparently lacking.  Sorry couldn’t resist ?

• Haha (+1) 3