Bills UDFA thread. Signings only. Listed on pg. 9

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This is a general message. Do not take it personally, unless it applies to you (then please, take it personally)

Just spent time I'll never get back cleaning a bunch of religious and political not football related schtuff out of this thread.  If you find that your post has gone AWOL, please take the hint and refrain from similar posts on TSW going forward.  A little joking around or off-topic is one thing but this was drowning the thread.

There are literally thousands of places to discuss your love of or your disdain for religion, politics etc etc - but only a few places to discuss Buffalo Bills football. 

Go Bills!

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Difference is in 2018 this team sucked overall, so there was a much better chance for an UDFA to make the roster.

That is 100% true and with limited to no training camp it looks make it even harder to make an impression. I still bet one of the UDFA makes it . The tackle or maybe the FB??

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Difference is in 2018 this team sucked overall, so there was a much better chance for an UDFA to make the roster.

Its an open spot.  They perform well they earn a spot. Not saying any one is certain to get one other than those drafted in rounds 1-3.

the starters aren’t going anywhere...the battle will be in depth positions.

Baseline for the team...

offense...2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 3TE, 8 OL (19)

defense..6 DL, 5 LB, 5 CB, 3 S (19)

K, P, KR/PR, LS

42 total 

11 up for grabs...likely 4 for D, 4 for O, 1 for special teams, 2 are for rookies to keep who may not clear waivers for PS.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shady 

Yeldon hasn’t shown ability to break tackles, doesn’t play ST and couldn’t get on the field last year unless Singletary was hurt which i why i think he can and will be easily replaced regardless of where he was drafted. He just hasn’t proven anything with Jax or Buffalo to not have his roster spot challenged. 

I know this is the time of year where hope springs eternal and thinking any of our incoming rookies could be Hall of Famers - even our UDFA's - is fine and dandy.

However, I'm skeptical that a guy whose career high in rushing in a single season is just 504 yards is going to crush Bills training camp and beat our TJ Yeldon to be the team's #3 tailback. If he's that good, he wouldn't have been the third-string running back for a 6-6 team as a Senior.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:04 PM, Hurricane said:

I want to score points,  not punt...

But in those very few instances we don’t score would it not be nice to help our defense and pin them deep?

On 4/25/2020 at 5:11 PM, RyanC883 said:

really surprised we didn’t get a speed back. 40 is overrated to some extent, but the ability to break away is nonexistent for these guys.  they can get 10-20 chunks, but then caught from behind. 

You are FAR too obsessed with this

the ability to get to top speed quick is far more important

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I know this is the time of year where hope springs eternal and thinking any of our incoming rookies could be Hall of Famers - even our UDFA's - is fine and dandy.

However, I'm skeptical that a guy whose career high in rushing in a single season is just 504 yards is going to crush Bills training camp and beat our TJ Yeldon to be the team's #3 tailback. If he's that good, he wouldn't have been the third-string running back for a 6-6 team as a Senior.

Get out of here with that logic nonsense!

I'm already chiseling that bust for Canton.

11 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Its an open spot.  They perform well they earn a spot. Not saying any one is certain to get one other than those drafted in rounds 1-3.

the starters aren’t going anywhere...the battle will be in depth positions.

Baseline for the team...

offense...2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 3TE, 8 OL (19)

defense..6 DL, 5 LB, 5 CB, 3 S (19)

K, P, KR/PR, LS

42 total 

11 up for grabs...likely 4 for D, 4 for O, 1 for special teams, 2 are for rookies to keep who may not clear waivers for PS.

Couple things:

1. 5 Cb is not a baseline, as we have carried 4 on the roster for good stretched before.

2. Kr/Pr will play other positions as well, he may not see much time on the offense/defense, but he will count for depth at some position

I would think of it more like ranges, rather than just a baseline.

QB: 2-3 Rb:3-4 FB: 1? TE: 3-4 OL 8-10 Wr: 6-7  baseline total: 23 likely total: 25-27. 

DL: 8-9 Lb: 5-7 Cb: 4-5 S: 4  baseline total: 21 likely total: 23-25

P:1 K:1 LS:1

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

But in those very few instances we don’t score would it not be nice to help our defense and pin them deep?

You are FAR too obsessed with this

the ability to get to top speed quick is far more important

far to obsessed with what>?  I'm just surprised we didn't get a break-away back.  I also noted that ability to get 10-20 yards quickly is better than 40.  So I'm not sure what your snippy comment was about.  

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

far to obsessed with what>?  I'm just surprised we didn't get a break-away back.  I also noted that ability to get 10-20 yards quickly is better than 40.  So I'm not sure what your snippy comment was about.  

I agree. We tried the fast CJ Spiller route and it didn't work. Running backs like Singletary and Moss will break tackles constantly. They'll keep long drives alive. Give me these 2 all day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

OT, FB and any good ST guys might have a shot. Punter competition may be coming. I don't think any punters were drafted.

The best punter was drafted, Mann I think his name is. Would have loved him instead of the kicker, he averaged 50 a punt

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. We tried the fast CJ Spiller route and it didn't work. Running backs like Singletary and Moss will break tackles constantly. They'll keep long drives alive. Give me these 2 all day.

If the Bills thought like that back when OJ Simpson was drafted, I probably wouldn't be a Bills fan today.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

i agree that I would rather have these guys.  My point was I am just surprised we didn’t make a move for a speed guy as well, but the app stat and MD rb’s likely went too high.   but I have no problem with the current backfield.   

On 4/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, MAJBobby said:

FAU OT Brandon Walton

UNC RB Antonio Williams

FIU DB Ike Brown

Appalachian State DB Josh Thomas
Auburn OL Marquel Harrell

Toledo FB/TE Reggie Gilliam

those all confirmed 

has this been updated? Any additions to this list?

The New Orleans Saints officially signed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston to a one-year contract on Tuesday.

Financial terms were not disclosed by the Saints for Winston, who is expected to back up Drew Brees in New Orleans, but multiple outlets reported he turned down multiple offers elsewhere.

Fellow quarterback Taysom Hill signed a two-year, $21 million deal on Sunday, including $16 million guaranteed. The contract also gives him a chance to earn $1 million more in incentives.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qb-winston-officially-reaches-one-025251270.html

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The New Orleans Saints officially signed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston to a one-year contract on Tuesday.

Financial terms were not disclosed by the Saints for Winston, who is expected to back up Drew Brees in New Orleans, but multiple outlets reported he turned down multiple offers elsewhere.

Fellow quarterback Taysom Hill signed a two-year, $21 million deal on Sunday, including $16 million guaranteed. The contract also gives him a chance to earn $1 million more in incentives.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qb-winston-officially-reaches-one-025251270.html

Wow Saints with the deepest QB room 

On 4/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, Don Otreply said:

Will someone raise the compensation?

OK, now the Frankfurter of @ScottLaw is included for Michael Turk. Frank and Beans?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Shady 

Yeldon hasn’t shown ability to break tackles, doesn’t play ST and couldn’t get on the field last year unless Singletary was hurt which i why i think he can and will be easily replaced regardless of where he was drafted. He just hasn’t proven anything with Jax or Buffalo to not have his roster spot challenged. 

And fumbled when given the chance a couple times. 

On 4/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Unless the offseason get shortened, otherwise I agree

Trey Adams is making this Roster. Played 17 games in a row after ACL and Back injuries. He wasn't 100%. 6'8" 330lbs 1st round pedigree. Maybe he is inactive but he will be on the 53 man Roster.